I hope you see, I want to have Chinese support

Hello.

I also tried to write posts during wod but it was just impossible to get any support by blizzard.

Yes sure, we get to play the game in English but I would love to have my language enabled in-game.

Granted the US has it so I don’t know why would it be any different from Europe ?

I can easily connect to my Mainland account while I’m in Europe . But who wants to play with close to 300ms ??!

Btw, silvermoon has a large community of Chinese players as well :")

Psst me if you want to join our discord. We are mostly from Mainland while few others are from Taiwan.

I’m not sure of course, but maybe they’re afraid of making it easier for botters and goldfamers.

There’s an answer to this 2 posts above you. The difference is clear…

US localization is english (maybe spanish too?) mainly and that’s it.
EU has many languages already.

What do you mean honestly ?

It’s easy to create an account and go into SW for the trade chat in English.

We can use the same client. When I’m logging onto my Mainland account I don’t need to change anything of my client. So, no.

This isn’t about making it easier or harder for gold farmers.

You’re not Blizzard, so you don’t know this. :man_shrugging:t4:
And no, I don’t know either; that’s why I stated as much.

How is it clear?

Sorry I fail to see. The only excuse I could see blizzard having is the USA not having a official language.

Adding traditional to European client wouldn’t hurt.

You’re biased because you want it.
You lack the ability to look at this objectively.

The 2 situations are clearly different. THAT is 100% clear.
If you can’t accept that, that is on you.

I can accept it.

What I else I could do ? It’s not like they actually care about our comments on here .

Maybe next expansion :rofl:

Hi Sorakleon,

The truth is, when playing in the EU region, you can change your HOTS client to Chinese, you can change your OW client to Chinese, your Hearthstone client to Chinese. What you CANNOT do is to change your WOW (BOTH retail and classic) client to Chinese. I’m wondering why.

We really expect you guys to remove the language restriction, that would improve a lot the Chinese players’ gaming experience.

So let me get this straight:

OP is chinese, playing in EU servers (:thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow:) and wants the game to be played in Chinese localisation? Meaning quest text, voice, etc? Or actual suport meaning he can contact Blizzard in chinese and someone in the European Blizzard’s HQ will talk to him in chinese aswell?

The first part, sure don’t see why the game wouldnt allow you to. The latter part, that would be the most dumb thing I’ve ever read on this forum. It’s like if me and another buddy are portuguese, go play on the chinese servers for God knows why and demand that they speak portuguese to me because “You have to respect me”.

Not trying to bring politics into this discussion, but this whole topic is reaking of chinese imperialism

That falls on the Chinese goverment on them just in general being ****ing *unts.

hey hey hey, dont pick on the uk :frowning: besides, many english people cant even speak english. reference: chav.

1 Like

This issue has been bugging me for about 10 years or so, and I’ve posted several times before about it.

In late 2000’s i used to live in South Korea for a couple of years with my KR wife, and was in a similar situation with not understanding Korean well enough to thrive on the KR client. However, in Korea I was able to log onto the KR servers with the English client, and it was a relief to be able to log on with English, but still play with my Korean friends. To those saying “Just learn the language”: Sure, I wish my Korean was better so I could’ve played in Korean, but there’s a difference between “just learn the language” and be able to quickly read and write a lot of the grammar that WOW uses, which is definitely NOT your basic/average Korean talk/grammar.

Anyway, I’ve relocated back to Norway now with my Korean wife, and while we use the English client here, my wife is in a similar situation as the main poster. It would have been great if Blizzard would allow us EU players to access the KR/Chinese wow client, especially since THEY’RE ALREADY THERE!

As for arguing that by allowing this, Blizzard would then somehow have to commit themselves to localize the game for all of the EU languages since a non-EU language “already got it”, that’s BS. The Korean/Chinese client IS ALREADY AVAILABLE. The game is huge in those countries, and Blizzard decided to localize the game. Or whatever reason they use for when deciding to localize. But completely regardless of that, it’s entirely solely Blizzard’s PREROGATIVE as to which countries gets localized.

It’s like Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. The game can be played in English, several European languages, and Japanese (and maybe more, i forgot). So being a EU player, i don’t get locked out of Japanese. Why would I?

The Battle net account even let you mix it up, having text in one language is speech in another. Why won’t Blizzard let us choose the language client that we’d want, when it’s ALREADY AVAILABLE?

2 Likes

There are probably more chinese players in the US. Also in europe there are way more languages than in the usa. Its might just be them focusing more on as many european languages as possible while in the usa they mostly just need it to be in spanish and english for most people

What you mean ?

It’s been always the same European languages being shown on video games

Spanish , Portuguese( which is the Latin America Portuguese and not the European one Lul) , french , German , Italian and the English xd language.

Granted I get how and why people don’t expect us to be QQing because we are not in Mainland rn and stuff like that. But it’s just annoying.

I really want you to reply me and tell me why you said you could change it. If so, what should I do? Thank you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.