I just won a Wintergrasp

Now I don’t have the Essence of Wintergrasp buff and the Horde controls Wintergrasp so I can’t turn in the quests I have.

I love what you did to Wintergrasp. It makes a lot of sense how it works, is very intuitive and combined with layers, it’s just a great experience.

Thank you Blizzard Entertainment. You surely managed to improve the WotLK classic experience from 14 years ago.

4 Likes

You may idd thank blizzard!
“Nice simple solution to unbalanced or 1 faction realms: CROSSREALM!!
Crossrealm is completely IT guys!!! Lets make this happen!!”

Crossrealm Wintergrasp wasn’t a thing back in the day, their answer back then for unbalanced realms was (still same realm) queue up and let as much ppl in the underdog side of that realm had in Wintergrasp.

And yeah i understand that the above doesn’t help 1 faction realms but those should actually be tied up crossrealm and leave us reasonably balanced servers alone!

2 Likes
https://i.imgflip.com/6xmyf1.jpg
1 Like

Wintergrasp is just a cross server BG now.

If you win or not does not matter for your server

1 Like

it does tho, you want win buff for stone keeper shard drops & voa access, even though you can clip through for voa without buff

Wintergrasp puts you into a sepperate server and matches you with every other server.

It is no longer your server or connected to your server.

So win or lose, You will always have the buff, since the wintergrasp was not done on your server.

Also the buff can be active on 1 layer and not active on another layer.

If you do not have the buff, just switch layer.

From their wording when they announced this change any time anyone from your faction on your server won a WG you would be able to enter VoA and get the essence buff.

Of course, that’s not how that turned out either.

1 Like

What annoys me most is - its seperate bg and we still cant fly above it during bg time.

2 Likes

lol, no, who told you that?

1 Like

I always have the buff.

Every heroic i’ve done in the past like 10 days, I’ve had the buff.

24/7.

If you don’t have it on always, Then maybe you are bugged or in the wrong layer.

So it doesn’t work as advertised at all.

2 Likes

And how am I supposed to find the layer? I can’t even see which layers exist, and we are so few alliance on gehennas I don’t think we can switch to them all.

My Horde character on Firemaw shows only 1 layer, my Alliance character currently has 5 layers.
I cannot confirm this but I think layers are faction specific and on Gehennas or Firemaw there aren’t enough Alliance or Horde respectively at any time to activate a second layer. So you’re stuck on layer 1 for as long as the server remains 99/1.
Spreading the already very thin numbers over the many layers the opposite faction has, would be even more detrimental to that faction so this also gives me that thought.

And as for the buff, it either doesn’t work as Blizzard has advertised intentionally, or unintentionally (bugged lmao) which is more probable, but it doesn’t work as advertised that’s for sure.
You can win WG on your Alliance on Gehennas on layer 1 but chances are extremely likely that the Horde are going to have at least 1 guy out of the mass that queue to also win.
Who gets the buff now? WG cannot be controlled by both factions unless there is phasing involved but there isn’t as far as I have seen.

It’s just a complete disaster, especially for the low pop faction.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.