I love PVP & RBG but hate Arenas above everything else

Title says it all. Why RBG’s can’t grant you same rewards as Arenas do?

Surely you can become Duelist and Elite via RBG’s as well, but why Gladiator must be locked inside 3’s? What’s the point?

RBG’s are one of the most fun game modes in the whole game, but Arenas… I hate all that stress they cause. As a healer sometimes they make me swear, cause me headache and just make me so stressful that I completely give up. This happened just now, again.

Why can’t they reward of us of all that hard work you do by pushing RBG as high as possible?

8 Likes

Arena was the worst addition to this game lol. Class balance was never balanced for small scale pvp very well.

9 Likes

Rbgs have even less balance btw so stop whining:

1. The only real FC viable - Guardian Druid
  2. The only truly viable ranged - Boomy and Affli
  3. Meeles viable: 1x sub and then Arms, Ret, Havoc and F DK.
  4. Healers: Disc and H Pala

What a balanced game mode

6 Likes

Ok maybe at high mmr. I’m not there so I wouldn’t know.
Having said that, at low mmr you can have non meta teams and not feel like you’re being out-classed unlike in arena.
That’s my limited low mmr experience after all.

1 Like

Same at low rated arenas. You constantly meet random out of meta comps.

Out of meta, yes. But the problem is even off meta classes/specs can counter each other so hard that it feels like you’re outclassed and not outplayed.

In rbg it feels more fluid to me. Sure if they have stacked mm hunters it’s an uphill but not impossible battle…

If you play 2s well yeah… But real arenas are 3s and there almost every spec has a rank 1 option. 2s have never been and will never be balanced.

1 Like

3s are not balanced either so lets not pretend it is.

2 Likes

Every class (and most specs) can perform well in arena. Thats not the case in rbg. Sure you have some comps that stand out a little bit in 3v3, but pretty much every class has access to top notch comps.

Rbg balance is and has always been absolutely abyssmal. By far the most imbalanced game mode that ever was in wow.

That being said they can still be lots of fun, and I truly wish they’d put more effort into balancing them. But that simply cant be done without fundamental class design changes. In their current state it would be ludicrous to implement glad/r1 rewards.

1 Like

RBG-only talents would help alot.

Well it’s also true because they do 0 balancing to classes from a bg perspective. Note that i’m not complaining as I like both for what they offer or simply unsub, but when you see that they “balance” 3s (which is the “balanced” part of pvp) 1 week before what will most likely be a 1 year patch, you can understand that they didn’t look at rbg for the past millenium, hence the poor balance. It doesn’t solve the initial question of whether rbg could be more balanced than arenas or not.

RBG is WoW PvP the way it was supposed to be. I wish they’d put more effort into it but it’s too easy to release another circle room with a pillar in the middle and call it job done, oh no, what’s this? TWO pillars…mind blown.

8 Likes

The warlock is right. 3v3 never was balanced. In theory RBG should be a lot more balanced - but it isn’t because Blizzard is lazy.

4 Likes

I’m very tired of the “it’s balanced in 3v3” excuse.
I’m not sure how blizzard managed to get that idea into your head… Have you not played 3v3 yourselves?
Blindly believing what Blizz told you years ago… I mean look at the damn game it’s a mess.

Yeah you can be a off-meta and do well when you put in hours that is comparable to a full time job. Or roll a meta and get the same rating in an evening… That’s not balance, it’s not an even playing field.

3 Likes

Well, they could just add Hero of the $faction title for 2400+50wins in RBGs and add a seasonal (Unchained Hero of the $faction, etc) title for the top 0.1%.

Arena titles being unlockable in RBGs in the first place don’t make sense at all to me

2 Likes

No they aren’t but let’s not pretend that RBGs are more balanced because they are even less. The main problem of RBGs is:

-that Discipline Priest outheals everything by just applying attonment and Purge the Wicked on all enemies.
Holy Paladin is there just for CDs and keeping FC alive.

-Boomy and Affli outdamage other casters while Warlock offers gate and Healthstones. While Boomy in NF is extremely mobile so he can always defend in necessary.

-meele dps is similar story - Warrior is tanky and offers Sharpen + Kyrian spear, DK has Abom Limb and can group people together. DH plays NF so he does a lot of damage and is literally meele Boomy and Ret in Kyrian can delete few people as you can see on Mes clips. Rogue is a must ofc. Specs like Enha or WW die to fast and Feral has literally 0 cleave.

-Guardian Druid in NF is the fastest Tank, has insane lego and PvP talents and in maps where he doesn’t need to tank he just swaps weapon and soulbind and plays as Boomy.

The only offmeta specs that kinda work but are handicap is MW with sick healing output, R Druid that is gimped Disc, Vengeance DH that is 2x worse Guardian and Elemental/SP that are immobile. Hunters are kinda useless - MM can do ok but again he is nowhere near Boomys mobility and doesn’t offer what Warlock does. Demo has only single target, Destru doesn’t have enough burst. Frost Mage does ok in Necro and Arcane can one shot on Twin Peaks FC in Horde base through wall but in teamfight it does nothing. Fire is just a joke being just single target while Poly does nothing with 3 healers.

The problem with Hero is that it’s the same every season. It’s good they made it that you don’t keep it like in the past so at least it’s only for a season. They should add “rank 1” counterpart. “Unchained Hero of the Horde” - for example.

RBG need too much effort to play. Actually u need a RL to take something relevant - where u will find a real RL? U need to play in voice and coordianate with people, arena players in 95% cases or even 99% playing without voice. Much easier to find partner to play arena, META in arena matters not so much, in RBG its means if not all, but a lot of. And many other thing why RBG will be not so popular.

There are plenty of good Target Callers (that is what RBG world calls the Raid Leader) out there. Most optimal is Melee DPS, but you can basically do it as Ranged DPS or as Healer as well - it just is not as efficient, especially not if you are a Healer.

When you climb higher, to like 2K+ rating, people start to be so experienced already that the role of the TC starts to be more and more irrelevant. People know whom to target - or at least should know.

RBG is by far the most fun PVP in this whole game. Won’t argue with that, Arena is not even close.

TC is not RL. U don’t need Target Caller in good team, everyone know what to do. RL means everything on hight MMR.

At least for us it usually has been Target Caller leading the RBG, but I guess having two separate persons is a better way to do it.

And yes, over 2K+ there rarely are Target Callers… Tho I reached 2,1K RBG this season with pug premades and we always had TC. Always. We used Discord or in-game. I started quite late, only couple of months ago.