I miss Frostfire bolt

why was this spell removed ?

It was one of the coolest looking spells we ever had. Bring it back baseline for all 3 specs !

For pve they could work it into pve rotation of all specs by giving it some kind of proc that would make it worth using.

And for pvp its already great as is since it provides help against school lockouts and has a snare built in.

3 Likes

It was removed because designers didnt like the idea of combined elements, which was really cool thing tbh like shadowfrost, frostfire etc.

Personally missing Cone Of Cold from Fire and Arcane specs. Arcane does fine without them though. Frostfire double elemental is very cool theme imo. Direct damage, dot and snare.

3 Likes

Best looking spell ingame. Together with the frostfire orb. Was sad to see it go. Maybe it could replace flurry someday

What the hell is Ebonbolt then? :S

Shadowfrost, that’s what.

I miss loads of our old abilities, even though we still have some of them, they aren’t the same anymore.

Anyone remember Flame Orb? Loved the crap outta that. Or the original Frost Bomb? So good.

Or God forbid, any of the pre-Legion versions of Living Bomb.

If they want to make this class more fun, they need only look at what they’ve already tried, instead of pricking around with new ideas and class fantasies.

1 Like

Flurry and frostfire bolt are basically the exact same spell.

Not anymore.

Legion version was probably the most enjoyable one, in my opinion.

Flurry has nothing to do with Frostfire. It was damage, dot and snare. Amazing spell. If you were locked frost you could still used because it counted both frost and fire spell. Combined elements is very good concept and has a potential depth. But depth is not something that current designers can grasp.

2 Likes

Alone for the title you get a like!

It only had a dot in wotlk, when getting locked on frost or fire would also lock frostfire bolt, and getting locked on frostfire bolt would lock you on frost and fire.

It’s basically the same spell as flurry, with a snare instead of winter’s chill.

So completely different then

Spell 1: something you only ever press when brain freeze procs
Spell 2: something you only ever press when brain freeze procs, followed by an ice lance

Ah yes, completely different

I dunno, I was never around for it, I see what you mean now. Does sound cool though.

Seems shaman are the only ones who get to do both fire and frost now.

You used rank 1 firebolt to apply dot in pvp instead of frostfire bolt.

• i never used frostfire bolt when i got the proc and instead i used fireball in wotlk.

Frostfire bolt was better because it did damage, put on snare and dot and had chance to proc frostbite. Used it on sheeped targets when opened as Fire. Coolest looking spell in game. Shame it was removed. Frost and Fire could greate totally new damage type: steam. Or defensives like fog through water and heat. Think about the possibilities.

1 Like

Yh Jaina’s fog for example. Stupid Jaina getting two specs at once.

“I’ll freeze you where you stand!”

Stop disappearing for a sec so I can gonna conk you on the nose!

Not only Frostfire bolt is greatly missed here. Fire mage flame orbs also are quite a feature that I hope one way will make it’s return.

My thoughts what´s going on at a regular office-meeting in Blizz Company

“All that you do, all ingame that going on, etc, it must be easy, equal and bla bla bla!”
“So what do we do about that?”
“Hm… ? For example: let´s make mages stats have less importance, like crit rating for Fire Mages. Once they had to farm for crit to stand out, but why don´t we remove this?”
“No more crit-hunting you say? And maybe together with lesser hard-hitting spells … hm…? Yeah! That would make them less ordinary and a bit boring to play.” (and smiling)

“Oh ho ho hooo! Why don´t we also remove that spell, eh … called … Frostfire Bolt?”
“Remove that? Why?”
“Oh ho ho hoo! Because … because we can? And because it is fun to sabotage for all wow-paying ba…rds?”
“Hm… Okej. All for? … Right, we have voted Yes on this changes.”

Following question: are those who rule and deside the changes gamers or once before gamers them self, or are they a bunch of politicans ?
Hm…? :slight_smile:

The thing I miss about it is being able to proc shatter and ignite from a single spell, where you had the “elementalist build” which dipped deep in both fire and frost to essentially just make your frost fire bolts crit monsters which set up huge ignite rolls.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.