I miss old demonology

I went back to play my demonology warlock on Wotlk cause my addons are busted on retail and I’d rather just wait they all get updated and man… I miss how back then demonology WAS the demon instead of being a bootleg Unholy DK caster. I know Demon Hunters pretty much stole the demo uniquness and it kinda bums me out, maybe it’s just me but I hope Blizzard will make demonology actualy demonic again, resembling the way it used to be and cut the demon army thing which is outside the opener just a buncha imps and 2 dogs that you throw at your enemies.

2 Likes

I know what you mean. To me Cata was the peak for Demo. I love currently demonology, the theme is perfect with summoning waves of imps and extra demons. But WotLk and Cata demonology had one thing current demo doesn´t have. And that is that demonology is also about empowering ýourself´. The mastery back in the old day increased your demons damage but also your own. Also weaving incinerates between shadow bolts was fun!

3 Likes

no wrath demo fantasy wise sucks

cata and mop are the peak

tho i won’t lie in legion doing demonic empowerment and start aoe from all of your demons was really fun , sadly wasn’t practical enough for some reason , tho i take it over the garbage x10000 years ramp up that we currently have , as we lost our insta cast hounds and insta cast 4 tier bonus set will loss our hand of guldan insta cast too

and new set is awful that buff long cooldown spell , problem is if you use your burst and someone magic pvp talent bubble ret pala or mist weaver cocoon / blinding light aoe on your demons / aoe priest roots on demons , then your tier bonus is a waste pretty much

on top of the fact you losing tons of versa and might not worth 4 tier sets and going with 2 only

1 Like

Corrected it. Mop was the best version for nearly all classes.

2 Likes

your guild name is BBC news so i won’t trust your words too much…

2 Likes

MoP demonology was the absolute best this game will ever have

2 Likes

Isn’t mop demonology was absolutely busted and best caster in the game?

The thing is that they wouldn’t even have to bring back metamorphosis literally. Demonology also had dark apotheosis which could easily serve as base for the new meta style gameplay. Or even better yet, draw from the Gul’dan fight in nighthold. He gets pretty demonic features in that fight as the fight progresses from drawing in that much fel. They could do the same for demonology where as you build up fel corruption you start looking more and more like an actual demon.

Something like this:
https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/news/28219-nighthold-m-wf-race-day-7-only-guldan-left.jpg

1 Like

You just needed the Lei Shen trinket and it was monstrous. Otherwise destro, particularly in 5.4, was on par damage wise while also having a far simpler rotation along with a better toolkit.

They could have just called the new ability Demonic Tyranny and instead of summoning one you become a tyrant demon as the player with the same gameplay that we had with Meta. Blizzard had the easier and better alternative right under their noses and instead chose to butcher the class to pave the way for Demon Hunters.

1 Like

Tyrant is better than meta because he does damage for you and is not bound to things like need to avoid damage or rotation, it’s also why demo is quite mobile, he can cast opener then run around spamming demonbolts and dogs without casting.
But i guess they can do meta as alternative to tyrant, something that buffs your personal damage but not so much demons idk, maybe as attempt to bring doom dot to pve

Tyrant would be better than meta if this game’s pet AI didn’t exist in its current form. I like the fantasy but not the dogwater iteration of it because of the game’s own limitations.

I didn’t notice as much bugs in df as it was before and tyrant became quite responsive in switching targets, but when i tried to play demo in legion or bfa i had some strokes yes

Well bois rip, it was a good run. Thank god I levelled up that shadow priest when I did.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/patch-10-1-5-dragonflight-ptr-development-notes-class-changes-333145

Time is a flat circle… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5GfNlZGqno

2 Likes

That quote lives rent free in my head. Why do they keep doing it to us bros? :sob:

Do you remember Mop demo?!.. If not refresh your memory, if never played go do it.

Mop demo (and wotlk) was the best designs ever… with mop imho by far the best.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.