I must be the only one that prefers the Horde garrison

Horde garrison actually looks realistic in a setting of environment where the land is harsh, cruel and fierce. Horde garrison can be realistically set up within a few days to a few weeks depending on what level you are and with a bit of manpower.

The logistics of the Alliance garrison seems unrealistic, and the logistics of setting that thing up must be a nightmare. I couldn’t even imagine why someone would decide to lay down a brick pathway in this savage world. Looks far too tidy for my conditions.

Also before anyone mentions, yes, realism does matter in a fantasy setting. Just because it’s a fantasy setting doesn’t mean you can just write stuff out of thin air.

2 Likes

Damn I must have gone to sleep in my timetravel bed again, I appear to have woken up in 2014.

We just have great builders and like it tidy!

I think it would have worked fine if it had been located in Gorgrond but all the open architecture made zero sense in the snow.

4 Likes

I still love the garrisons, and most of my chars go there regularly to tinker around with the buildings, do pet battle dailies, fishing and such. I do prefer the Alliance one, which is fantastic, and also the music. But the Horde garrison is nice too, and I love the snow. I agree with Punyelf though, that the Horde building style is more suited to arid desert environments, like Durotar. But if you get it to the lvl 3 Inn, it’s quite cozy in there.

2 Likes

Still doing stuff in my Garrison and really love to chill there. Since I am a bit anxious and Vald can be crowdy, it is the best place to learn/workout on my spell rotations. Also weekly doing Invasions, considering to build up a Gladiator building and start doing it for the titles and achivements.

Too bad, it has a lot of unfixed bugs for while, like monuments… it’s a bit annyoong that people worked on those achievements and they don’t do anything about it to solve the issues.

Thats my issue with it as well…its surrounded by frozen wastelands and there isnt even a tiny bit of snow anywhere in the camp!

Also of course its tents and hovels…would you trust Gazlowe to build a fort that didnt collapse!?

1 Like

I think both are cool

I preferred the Alliance one a lot more because of the zone it was in. I think I’d of loved the Horde one just as much if we got that ogre spire as the garrison. Having a fully out door open garrison in the middle of an extremely snowy climate just looks silly to me.

2 Likes

Gorgronds the worst wod zone

1 Like

Why? I really love to level there, it has great quest stacking

Ugly and boring story. Id rather do frostfire into talador into nagrand

I love both, however, I wish we had gotten the racial customisations to buildings we were originally promised.

1 Like

I go to my Garrison every day, so for some people, it is still relevant to discuss.

And yes, OP, the Horde Garrison is really well designed.

1 Like

I didn’t hate the zone but aesthetically it was far more suited to mud huts and open structures that we had in the garrison.

1 Like

The buildings such as the command centre and inn were larger structures that provided better protection from the elements, especially when you levelled them up.

Whilst cold, people would likely be kept warm by fire, clothing, hot food and drink and mainly doing physical work. I can go out in 0 degrees and be roasting after a 20 min walk, they are doing work all day. Or should be… lazy peons.

1 Like

If you felt it fitting that’s fine, to me they looked like they belonged in Durotar.

The Alliance had better buildings and much better location to Horde. Which is why I factioned changed for most of that expansion, only returning to Horde for the last raid.

That’s fair. I just personally prefer frost fire aesthetically

1 Like

It is truly. Hode garrison is a stinking sinkhole in the middle of a frozen wasteland. Super ugly. WoD at large was alliance bais also.