I need help "/castsequence macro"

hello, i created a macro for my priest and it is like this :point_down: .

#showtooltip
/startattack
/castsequence [@mouseover,harm,nomod][@target,harm,nomod] reset=2 Smite, Power Word: Shield; [@mouseover,help,mod:shift][@target,help,mod:shift] [@player] Power Word: Shield

the problem is when i press the key bind to the macro …
as “1st part of macro” the macro selects an enemy target but it does not attacks it with Smite Spell even if i press the key continuously, but when i move my mouse over the enemy target and press the key it attacks it with the spell.
as “2nd part of macro” the macro it works fine, but the icon of the macro (key) is always shown as the “PW:Shield icon”, but when the mouse move over the enemy target the icon changes to the Smite spell icon !

can anyone tell me what is wrong with the macro? :sweat:.

i want the icon changes/shown right for each spell, and i want it to attack the target immediately with Smite spell when i press it.

please help me fix it :pray:.

works for me it seems.
but why are you using
/startattack
and a reset of 2 sec
:slight_smile:

thanks for replying so fast :relaxed:.
“i just edited my request for help (above). can you check it a gain please?”

i want the macro to select nearest enemy to me and attacks it immediately with Smite spell, then cast a Power Word: Shield on me.

to always keep me protected and not forget to shield myself :blush:

both of those things works just fine for me :slight_smile:, with your macro :smiley:
when i hold over a neutral / enemy mob it says smite if i hold down shift it goes to shield :slight_smile:

yeah it says that but what it does is something els :sweat_smile:.

what i mean, i want the icon on the bind key to changes/shown right for each spell, and i want the macro to attack the target immediately with Smite spell when i press the bind key.

i meant it shows that ingame for me :smiley:, and it attacks a target near me instantly

thanks for responding. :slightly_smiling_face:
i’m really sorry, but that didn’t help me. :bowing_man: :kissing_heart: :hugs:

Yeah but it is odd that it works for me as you want, but not for you :neutral_face:

yeah, that it is sad. :frowning_face:

Did you try removing the @mouseover part?

I did and it worked for me.

#showtooltip
/startattack
/castsequence [@target,harm,nomod] reset=2 Smite, Power Word: Shield; [@target,help,mod:shift] [@player] Power Word: Shield

In case you copied it blindly it targets an enemy, casts smite on the first press then PW:S on the second, hold shift and you get only PW:S, I assume that’s what you wanted. You don’t really need some of the conditions but I’ve left them in.

Depending on your cast time for smite you may need to change the reset to 3 or even 4, the character I tried it on didn’t cast the PW:S after the smite sometimes due to low haste.

If none of these things work for you for some reason, try the UI/macro forum - https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/guides/interface-and-macros
/edit In case my response looks weird, the thread was moved here from CS after I posted :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.