I need help with learning

Hello pals,

I’d like to address you in order to ask you something…

• ¿What advices and/or pages would you recommend in order to learn (specially about video games)?

Here is an orc who looks forward to learn and improve his general skills. Right now I don’t know how to move forward. I’ve done a bit of everything, like 3D Art and programming but all at a beginner level. However, I’m unable to find which path I should follow. That makes me feel a bit lost. I want to improve but I don’t know where…

I always try to do my best while learning. Watching media, listening some podcasts, practicing my new skills… Reading is also something I like to do in my free time, and I find it very profitable. In order to improve my writing, grammar and language knowledge.

Sometimes I feel a bit frustrated about video games, and I wonder if I should stop playing them, but… When I play Blizzard games… I feel fascinated, seeing all the art, their cinematics, their comics. Makes me feel that I want to improve, I want to get better.

I bought the virtual ticket of the Blizzcon. When I saw how they made Overwatch’s Ashe, the making of Alliance vs Horde cinematic. Azshara and Jaina’s short… I felt it magnificent. Blizzard makes me want to improve, to get better skills, anytime I see the story, I read the books… I feel passionate about what they do because I feel they really enjoy.

I know some websites of general learning and I’d like to get a job that I like in the future, not like the one I have now, so…Any advice you can make, any learning source you can recommend, I’ll be glad to read it.

I know some like:

• Coursera
  • Edx
  • Udemy

I also have some productivity books in order to fight against my frustration feelings regarding my profession.

Whether you’re Alliance or Horde, I look forward to learn every little thing you can recommend. (except from Sylvanas, I don’t like her :P)

(BTW, I’m improving my English skills because I’m not a native, so feel free to correct me)

1 Like

Hi Kesrack.

I must say, you are asking advice on a very broad level, which makes it difficult to personalize any advice.

First thing i’d like to ask, what is it about blizzard’s art, stories etc that makes you feel inspired? Why do they inspire you? How do they inspire you? What do you dream about when you’re inspired like that? Please be as specific as you can. The first thing we need to do is find out what attracts you the most.

Your english is very good btw. I wouldn’t have guessed you were not a native if you didn’t say so. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Grimmj,

I’m sorry, I haven’t been able to reply before, and I cannot write with Kesrack, don’t know why.

Blizzard stories make me feel that I’m seeing something epic. I was some time in games development industry, but right now I’m a bit away of it. My job is not related in any case, and when I see their job, it makes me feel passionate. I want to start playing their games or even trying to make things like them (even if I think that I’ll never be able).

I enjoy when I play their games because I think that the engines they use are really polished and optimized. Their music is also incredible, their games are pure art. When I see the way they use to connect everything in the story of all their worlds. And even when I see their comics, makes me want to learn drawing. Damn I’d learn everything I could to try to make something like they do, everything involving games development…(when I saw the Blizzcon I even thought…“Damn, these guys know a lot of everything, Chemistry, Maths, Physics…I specially enjoyed when I saw how they do some sound effects xD. How’s that even possible?”)

The thing is… I don’t have so much time to spend, and my current situation makes it impossible to leave my job. I would be glad if I knew how to optimize my time in order to learn something cool to move forward in my career.

I’d like to know where to start, how to do it, if I should take some course while I’m not at work, where could I take it.

(I’m glad to read that about my english, I have to improve it too, right now I’m trying to read some Blizzard books in order to do it)

(thanks for your interest pal, and for your time)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.