I quit this game , thanks for the bad experience

mee and few friends decided to comeback to wotlk around 3-4 weeks ago.We started new chars and leveled with so much fun just to find out we cant join a **** ng raid because nobody wants to ACTUALLY RAID.All groups are GBID/BOOST/I refuse to play that pay2win thing u call wotlk, im so sad i spended a penny on this thing

5 Likes

Join/make a guild and suddenly you have a raid team that isn’t all about GDKP/GBID.

3 Likes

I can completely relate to OP. Me and my friend started wotlk after we got out 2k and curved in season 2. Got to level 80, got out gear score to 5k to find most ice crown raids had items reserved… i say most but there was only ever like 5 raids on raid finder. We still couldnt get in any raids not that we wanted to to not have a chance at getting an gear. It ruined classic for me and felt like A LOT of hours where wasted.
Pugging in retail can be a nightmare but at least you get a chance to roll on something and dont have to be massively overgeared to get in every raid.
And yes, i did see the reply saying join a guild. This isnt a simple solution as for me, i work full time, have a partner ive been with for 12 years and have a dog i walk 3 times a day so commiting to raiding the same times every week for me isnt that easy.
I enjoyed classic but the raiding experience or lack of killed it for me.
Other things i noticed about classic was the amount of trolls in dungeons, me or my friend was be kicked before or during the last boss with the reason being “LOL”. Or you get kicked for winning a roll on gear.

Thats people who drained fun from game, with all that minmax meta+logs. I mean after transfer ive got in to awfull wipefest raid, and noone wanted to invite my char in to the raids cz of bad logs on that realm, was forced to buy rename lol.

6 Likes

The community is terrible.

6 Likes

Not my problem bye

There is little to say for sure, and the problem of gatekeeping in Wrath Classic is present more than ever, but I would like to make two points:

• Which realm did you go to? Blood Elf → Horde the biggest are Gehennas and Golemagg. If you chose Gehennas then sorry it’s not your fault surely but the server is just GDKP for everything. It has the largest number of players in the whole Wrath Classic and in turn bots. Millions of gold are spinning every day on that realm and it’s literally impossible to think about farming normally.

• You arrived on Wrath Classic 3 weeks ago you wrote, great! It’s slightly late don’t you think? Blizzard has improved recovery with Gamma but in reality at this point so many guilds have simply stopped playing for various factors and PUGs now claim 5.9kgs >. This is a problem with game design and how the community shuts down on logs but raids like ICC no matter how easy they are demand someone to complete them because it may sound absurd but even with 30% you struggle in some PUGs.

My advice at this point in the game, tragic that it is, is to simply take it to alt and get to 5kgs while waiting for Cataclysm Classic (which we don’t really know what timeframe it’s going to come out in except for the roadmap). The endgame for so many factors at this point in the game is simply offlimits for newcomers. I’m not justifying it, it sucks, but it is what it is.

Only on Gehennas.

No such things on Mirage raceway.

Another player who doesn’t have the courage to post on their mains, so we can see that they aren’t actually quitting.

Btw I have never said I am quitting and I have always posted on this character.

It’s so funny when people go “Oh let’s play WOLTK like the old dayys ;DD"

Dude. there is a token. Any game with an ingame p2w mechanic like a token, is automatically garbage.
The WOLTK you remember didn’thave the token. Thats why wse remember it so fondly,
I also was kinda shook when playing Woltk again. But quickly realized “This has nothing to do with the old days BYE!”
It’s no different from those cheap asian MMO’s or Raid Shadow legends. Either grind until your wife divorces you, or spend all your money.

No matter how amazing a game, if Timmy can buy gear with papas card, the game is garbage.

As long as the token is there GDKP is a huge problem. That’s why people flock to SoD like locust swarms. Also why they get so upset when SoD is unbalanced etc. Its the only uncorrupted game with normal people. Come to SOD, leave Woltk for the sweatlords.

Cata will be the same. Dont even think about touching cata lols

Gold buying from gold farmers wasn’t a thing before the token right? Blizz can handle this easily but they just dont want to invest any resources in classic WOTLK.

1 Like

This only shows how clueless you are. People even back in days would buy game time for gold. The only difference is it’s just more convenient Now.

The wotlk i remember also had no rival at game market. Now when i can compare wrath to other games or even expansions i can safely call it garbage. (Comparing to 2024 games not to 2010 ofc).

:frowning: next time text to me we can play together :smiley:

Hah, playing in a same guild since phase 1 of TBCC didn’t depended on token for anything, barely went to GDKP to have some gold to invest into alts. Totally playable only not for associal hype wave jumpers who can’t play longer than 2 consecutive months.

most token haters probably didnt even played much of wotlk classic, otherwise they would know that nothing rly changed when it appeared.

4 Likes

True and they won’t play Cata despite ToGC and ICC having the same raid structure of 10 and 25 normal and heroic raids with the exception that they would now have shared lockout and same quality loot, meaning smaller guilds would have their spot under the sun.

2 Likes