I really miss when WoW was more grounded and low fantasy

Looks at Burning Legion…and Outlands
:thinking:

Crushing critters, drinking a beer…whasssup wit you, bruv?

Welp, you could have pulled a ‘Doubleagent’…but, ya didn’t… so, just admit it, ya like being a godly champion, with as much gold as you can eat.

1 space adventure was enough. We spend more time in space than anywhere else.

Shhhh…and keep looting alien technology, small cyborg.

That’s just not true. And if anyone actually did do that, then they were really just ruining their own game.

Well it certainly was true, a lot of people were frustrated by 160% flight speed and went off on whatever gold making options they had. Some were herbalists, some miners, some skinners; but every single person I knew was on the gold grind for that flight speed.

But I was a hardcore raider. If you weren’t then maybe your social circle included people who would put up with the slowness :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Yes, I was getting server first kills on Shadowsong back in TBC. I knew of nobody who bought gold from 3rd party means. It was a little bit frustrating to have to raise gold. But back then it was just part of the game.

Most earned it legit. A handful I knew bought gold. You may have known some who simply didn’t admit it - it was a bit of a stigma back in the day, where it’s just accepted now that if you’re strapped for gold, swipe for a token.

But that the gold grind was “part of the game” doesn’t mean it was good design. The solo gameplay (including gold making) in TBC was really, really boring.

2 Likes

I know. It’s sad what this game has become.

I was proudly flexing my Deepstar Aurelid in Orgrimmar, and someone mounted up and said how they had bought it on AH for 200k. And my heart broke. Something I put so much work into getting and someone just paid for it.

I told him it was worth much more than 200k, simply for the time time investment. he got a bargain.

This is a good point, though I think that scaling can help with this, so if you are in a group then the things that you do will scale to everyone in the group. Also you can level in dungeons and battlegrounds, which can also use scaling to even things up.

I think levelling should be something that you can do once on a single character and then have ways of optionally speeding it up on alts.

Mythic+, battlegrounds and raids at max level, and maybe some new play modes that don’t exist yet. It would be good to have something other than dailies that keep people out in the zones doing things when at max level. Allow unlimited gear progression for solo players when doing things in the open world and people will go out and do things to progress their gear, rather than waiting around in cities for groups to form.

If everything scales, how do levels matter?

If they bring new skills/buttons, then it’s a problem for advanced endgame players to have someone scaled up who is missing the endgame buttons. If the buttons are given for free when joining a group, then why level, because as soon as you’re in a group, you’ve been maxed. If the group or gear is scaled down, then nobody at cap will ever group up with a lower character.

Uncapped rather than unlimited, but I generally agree.

Valor should be more available (than just 25 per calling), and there should be no ilvl cap on upgrades based on your dungeon progression. If people want to grind 100 valor/day and get a full endgame set; fine. It’ll take them months. Still fine. That’s the price of choosing the least-challenging route to gearing. But right now there’s not enough valor to do it for more than a couple of items, and the character needs to have KSM which really just defeats the point.

The devs (and players) do seem to worry about giving casuals ways to increase their character power, and I really don’t think we need to. They clearly don’t want to join/wreck my +15 weekly, because it’s far quicker to do M+ if that’s what they wanted.

I really want a small scale expansion, focusing on how the different parts of Azeroth are developping and recovering after all these wars. Similar to Cataclysm, in concept at least.

My only problem is that I don’t trust the current writing team to do it any justice.

Oh lawd yes I miss it…

Need several new planets with kalimdor and eastern kingdoms sized contintents worth of zones, with no flying allowed until you have reached max level and completed all quests in all zones, and it takes 6 months to reach max level.

I don’t know about others, but every time GoT told something mystical, like the white walkers, for example, I was completely in. I wanted more of that. Couldn’t care less about the sea people or how whoever was his name got his junk removed by a psycho.

I was also interested in Daenerys and John Snow, but this is because they were somehow linked (directly or not) to the white walkers.

To me that is because of the unknown, mysterious and unexplained part of it is what makes it exciting.
I don’t want them to not have mysterious and otherworldly forces but let them be unknown.
That is my largest gripe with the latest expansions that went down the path of explaining and originating every deep mystery and unknowns of the World of Warcraft universe.
And SL being the worst of them by revealing the mechanics and reasons for arguably the greatest mystery of all. Death.

The only thing that makes the jailer for example any interesting at all is the fact that we don’t know much or anything at all about him or his plan.
No plot twist or elaborate scheme is going to save him from becoming as interesting as wet paper once we find out.

The exciting thing with the white walkers in GoT was that we didn’t know and they were all mysterious and mystical both to the audience and the characters.
Take away all that mystery and unknown and they’re just ice zombies.

2 Likes

Bring back the clowns. i miss clowns

My favorite WoW aesthetic is TBC discospacedemon with MoP a close second. Legion gave me the nostalgia bump I needed but I don’t think they struck the same chord with BFA and orc vs human that fans of the Warcraft games we’re looking for. Maybe the return to Azeroth will have something for you guys :blush:

I would like to see more emersion with Azeroth. Making players going to different regions and fill Azeroth again.
More outdoor activities for raiders and normal pve’ers. Like raids that happen in different regions or any other group activities.

I don’t know. I’m bad in this

2 Likes

From my tmog point of view, bfa was best expansion. S1 and S2+both warfronts offered really nice sets+weapons (all my orc, human, nelf and ud use only those sets) that had nice horde vs alliance feeling. I like basic sets and i would love if they remake vanilla pvp sets. Also they should finish rest of heritage sets.

2 Likes