I seriously miss legion / bfa shadow priest

Am i alone?
Current spriest is a mess for me. I miss spirits proc from dots and old voidform rotation with voidbolt avaiable at all times.
Also shadow lack that azerite beam so bad :frowning:

Im at the point that i refuse to play any other spec, and cant force myself to play priest at all :frowning:

2 Likes

I did like the old voidform better. It felt unique and rewarding. Alot of people say that old voidform was just bad for m+, but they just lack knowledge. I almost always topped high leys (20+) on my priest in 8.3. We lacked good utility, but thats also a current problem. Old voidform was a blast.

The new iteration is just weird, and you can tell its a rushed redesign. I get what they were trying to do, give shadow a more standardized kit with a burstier profile. So basically like every other DPS class. Shadow had a cleae niche with spread cleave earlier, but that is completely gone. Shadows cleave and AoE are both bad at the moment.

Shadow priest is a mess to play in my opinion. Searing Nightmare, which should be redesigned and be baseline, is terrible to play alongside the best legendary for most covenants, Shadowflame Prism. The rotation, especially the AoE rotation with said components, is a big mess.

They have lots to tweak and improve, but I think this iteration can be good. As of now there are just too many components. With that being said, I really enjoyed the old voidform, and I miss it. You were really rewarded for min-maxing with the old voidform, you could feel it.
If they were to revert back to old voidform, which they wont, the spec would need a lot of help. Old voidform was so dependant on secondary stats that shadow wouldnt be good until late in the expansion. But some tweaks here and there, like some crit and haste multiplier would go a long way.

To make a long post short, I think the new voidform has potential, but it needs tweaks and a shave. I would gladly go back to the old voidform, but it would be weak as of now, with no corruptions to carry the spec.

4 Likes

No I don’t miss BfA shadow. Not one bit :persevere:

5 Likes

I like both iterations but at least this version groups don’t have to play around as much to perform well in m+

But both versions are cool so it’s a win win for me :wink:

Shadow did insane damage in m+ in bfa. The issue with priest was utility, which is still an issue

1 Like

Didnt think I would miss BFA shadow so much but I hard dislike the new singletarget shadowpriest. Its a little better in this patch but still SN is the worst.

And knowing blizzard got their plate full with other stuff they wont touch shadow anytime soon.

1 Like

I do miss it too. Current version just feels of in pve…but to be fair…its miles ahead in pvp compared to leg or bfa.

2 Likes

I liked the old version as well but I really prefer the current one. While nice, previous form had some big issues with breaks in combat that were just too annoying.

1 Like

this yeah

Legion and BFA shadow priest was an abomination

Priest is a complete beast in pvp rn.

1 Like

I miss bfa sp a lot. They didnt have to redesign the whole spec, they just had to make alternative talents to suit m+ and pvp (and certain raid encounters). Rotation felt so much smoother and void form was an awesome and unique mechanic. Even if the current version didnt make my game stutter everytime I cast a spell while channeling mind flay, it’d still feel garbage compared.

Priest has been my main for a while now, and while Im mainly disc it just makes it so hard to treat it like my main when I absolutely despise playing as shadow for quests and chores :confused:

1 Like

It is better now, no doubt. Feels bad that Devouring Plague lasts only 6 seconds, it is just too short. MoP Shadow Priest was much better in my opinion.

2 Likes

I hate bfa SP as much as i hate legion and SL versions. I wish they would completely remove voidform.

2 Likes

In mop devouring plague lasted 1 GCD per orb consumed, so 6~ seconds.

I meant the other aspects of the spec obviously. There is not one single spec that is better now than in MoP.

BFA SP was hell. I hated the use of Voidform and much prefer it now as a short dps CD. Love the reintroduction of DP, I just wish it chunked hard and lasted longer :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.