I think Frost feels a lot better than it's Dragonflight counterpart

I know we didn’t get the complete experience of the new class designs yet, but Frost(DW) feels infinitely better than it’s DF counterpart. I would say that I still hate usage of DnD/Cleaving Strike for Frost, feels extremely out of place and also the rune regen is lacking a little bit, but it is the first time since BFA I actually want to play Frost for PvE.

6 Likes

Frost’s baseline damage hits harder, and the talent tree is way better than what we had, it helps the spec hold up a bit better now.

The only thing Blizzard need to make sure is that 2 hand frost is always the go to, if duel wield starts to pul ahead then the spec will be trash again.

10 Likes

BoS Delenda Est

1 Like

Exactly my thoughts. 2h frost should always be the way to go, or should be same digits as dual wield. It wont be good if either spec beats the other. I always preffered 2h for pvp and dual wield for pve but im good with 2 hander as a go to in any situation. Im hyped for frost atm, my favorite spec but blizz kept making it unplayable.

4 Likes

and why is that?
i enjoy dw frost a lot more than the snail speed 2h frost.
in the end it just matters that howling blast and stuff hits hard.

dnd cleave still sucks because it cost a rune and is on gcd.
the rest feels really smooth right now. it gets better with rider of apocalypse because of auto dnd and lower cd

It is hard to say yet whether the spec changes better or not, however, I can see the potential. It looks like we are going to see at least three options, build around 2-H Obliteration, BoS, and DW.

The DW build will benefit from talents such as Smothering Offense, Icy Death Torrent, The Long Winter, Shattering Blade and Shattering Frost. Moreover, I guess DW will work nicely especially with Deathbringer Hero Spec because Dark Talons talent will boost Icy talons stacks and you do not need to choose Absolute Zero talent like you do with Rider of the Apocalypse. This helps you to unlock the caps The Long Winter and Shattered Frost.

Anyhow, hopefully these different build options will be somewhat balanced and none of them will be ruined.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.