I think I messed up?

Hello!

I am trying the game for the first time, I hit level 20 so I enrolled for a dungeon today - spores and octopus faces everywhere and blood draining guys. At a certain point I think I messed up because people were not coming down the stairs but going near them but by the time I realized I attracted a big octopus guy to me and then I was removed from the group. Can the game punish me for attracting mobs? what did I do wrong? I want to know for future. Thank you!

You didnt do anything wrong, can’t say the description tells me which dungeon you were in, but it sounds like you simply pulled a mob, and that can cause certain people to get irritated.

But no the game can’t punish you for messing up that’s up to the players and I’m sorry you had a unfortunate first experience, you’ll get there and if you want I’ll gladly help you out, new players should always be welcomed warmly :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

I am a little bit confused, did the players removed me from the group then? we killed that tentacle guy pretty fast, what was so bad that I did? I am trying to learn

You simply disoptimized their run and they voted to kick you and if 3/4 agree then it kicks you.

Keep in mind that these kind of players ( the ones that would kick you for this) are rare and it’s unfortunate that you happened to run into them so soon.

One of the engame content paths is running dungeons wth increased difficulty with a timer so some people get into the happit of being as fast as possible, so when you disoptimize their run they forget its jsut a lvling dungeon and they get annoyed.

Don’t let it dishearten you, like i said its rare for this to happen.

no, it’s ok I don’t mind that I just wanted to learn where exactly I should improve

Oh well then, probably follow the group if you’re unsure where to go and leaving the pulling of mobs to the tank.

And if you want to be considered a decent player find out your interupt( the thing that stops casts) and use it whenever a mob is channeling something, in the later stages this helps the healer alot, and in the current mythic dungeons saves teams from wipes. Since if mobs get it off its either more damage for the healer to heal or a cc that can wipe a group due to everyone just stopping what they’re doing.

Hope this helps somewhat.

You indeed messed up. You should try to find a proper MMO where players actually communicate with each other when doing group content.

In WoW other players are nothing but disposable NPCs to each other.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.