I want to make a complaint

so i was just on my hunter brexit i have had this hunter over 3 years i just started an instance when got disconnected and it says i am flagged for a name change i can no longer use my hunter so tell me plase after over 3 years what rule did my name suddenly break please ?

It means people reported your name; Blizzard can’t police every realm for every name so mostly rely on reports. I would imagine they reported it because it’s political and contentious.
I would also suggest you report your druid for a name change, as the name is a character from a TV series, almost, so it’s possible people will report that too.

so some sad person may well have reported my name that does not make it right there was no comment neither for or against and i have never at any time in over past 3 years had any debate with anyone about politics or my name and there is nothing offensive in the name
and this level of censorship is unjustified

and that guy was gordon brittas i am gordonbritas

Hey Gordonbritas,

If you were asked to update your name, it means that a lot of players have reported the name as inappropriate. Seeing the political nature of the name you had before, I can confirm that it would be in violation of the naming policy.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

and now i see i got an email saying my account was suspended like i committed some sort of crime !

I know it’s Brittas. That’s why I said almost. Brexit is an extremely contentious political issue and I’m very surprised no one reported it before

well no i disagree the failure of the government to leave the EU may well be an extremely contentious political issue my name which i have had since long b4 the
referendum even took place is (was) just my name wich i liked very much

It doesn’t matter if you liked your name or not, nor how long you had it, if it falls foul of the Blizzard rules with regards to character names, which you are asked to agree with when you created your account, and every time there is an update to them, then Blizzard are entirely within their rights to force a name change.

1 Like

well it matters to me and i dont agree it fell foul of any rule furthermore it seams to me that some people enter battle grounds and dungeons looking for others to troll this kind of over reaction must grant them a great deal of pleasure

It’s not about what you think, it’s about what Blizzard think about the reported name.

Going to lock this thread now, as it’s derailing from the original inquiry. If you do want to appeal the naming decision, don’t hesitate and submit a ticket to appeal this decision.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!