I wish Craven's stratagem didn't exist

It’s so good that, as a PvP hunter, there’s just no way you can play without it.

As Survival, I really, really wish I could play Call of the wild + Born to be wild + Hunting pack, to have a super low cooldown on my aspects.
I could kite so much more with Cheetah & Eagle on a much lower cooldown, and the overall gameplay of half melee/half ranged would feel so much nicer like that.

But I can’t. Because Craven is just too good.
;(

I for one am glad about Craven’s Stratagem, because that means I don’t need to take Survival Tactics and can instead use one of the other options.

But I understand what you mean.

Imagine that it doesnt exists and use what you want to use. I mean your post only would make sense (a bit) if you would play ONLY against hunters.

Its like “I wish Hunters Mark doesnt give dmg buff so I dont have to use it” it still hurts that people were this dumb. Ohh and most of them were FoTM players who switched to WW and Fire as soon as they started to perform better in pve.

I mean I can get behind this. It’s a GCD wasted on a spell with a lame animation, that deals no direct damage, and is just something that’s there to be pressed once before the fight starts. But it doesn’t feel good to press, it doesn’t feel impactful.
It’s really not something I’d like to get back frankly.

The idea was that Blizz would remove this awful game design feature and compensate us with a flat damage increase. They didn’t do the latter.

Trust me, I play sin rogue a little bit too, and having to use SnD because it IS a damage increase feels horrible because it totally breaks the flow of the spec. Hunter’s mark was the same. Especially in AoE where hunter already requires 3+ GCDs before it can even start pressing it’s rotation; then you wanna have to use a GCD that does nothing when you press it potentially every time your prio target dies? When fire mages and Boomkins are just wiping a pack in 4-6 globals?
You would’ve hated it just as much as everyone else.

I’ve played BM for 10 years. So also incorrect.

1 Like

I mean one of the only reasons we’re even allowed in PvP as a hunter right now is because Craven is carrying us. Without it we’d be even more unplayable, it’s one of the few good defensive tools we have.

If it makes you feel any better, the aspect CD legendary still wouldn’t be good even if Craven wasn’t around :stuck_out_tongue:. You’d just take a DPS legendary.

I’ll admit I’m a little biased because it makes Z.troll’s Healing racial amazing when you can slip away, full clear yourself and heal to 100%. I’d be using it either way.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.