I5 11400f or ryzen 5600 is better for Wow?

Hi! It is time to upgrade but my budget is low, so my options on the second hand market at the moment are 5600 with a320 board or i5 11400f with h510 board. Which one will perform better? The video card is 5700 xt. Thanks.

EDIT: I forgot to say that my current cpu is i7 7700.

The 5600 non X or X?
Anyways, they are both about the same speed, the 5600X a little bit faster than the Intel in some games.

A recommendation would also depend on the speed of your RAM.
The Ryzen needs 3600Mhz RAM to perform properly and the Intel less.

Though i would probably recommend the Ryzen over the Intel because you can upgrade to the 5800X3D later on if that motherboard supports it.

Either should be more than plenty for wow.

I heard the AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3D is currently dropping in price. Perhaps it fits for your board. It’s listed around 209€ or so right now.

There is no such thing :smiley:

1 Like

i have a 2015 macbook pro even that gets 60+ fps at 720p ;(

I run on an AMD Ryzen 5 5600G using built in graphics and Warcraft plays with no issues at all, the tower was only around 300GBP

If you have very low standards, sure you can play with an iGPU :slight_smile:

Intel CPUs are better for wow in my opinion, They always were. I had AMD in the past which scored same in benchmarks as The intel i swapped it for later and game performance skyrocketed Despite both of The CPUs being same power lvl on the paper. Also Dont use Integrated GPU, you can buy cheap gtx 1050ti or something like that and it will do much better. Peple sell theese cards used for 30 euro even. Litteraly my Old Desktop which i rarely use for playing Wow as i swaped to Gaming Laptops due to how much i travel between cities has Gtx 1050ti and can run Mythic Raid on 50-60fps Around medium setting with some thing on low.

They were yes, but not anymore. The X3D Ryzen are better than most Intels or at least on par. Other AMD CPUs are a lot weaker than comparable or even older Intels.

This is because WoW heavily relies on pure IPC of a CPU and does not scale with more than 1 core when it comes to certain things like raids, worldbosses, big m+ pulls.
Basically anything with lots of players/npcs and combatlog interactions (addons running on the same main thread making it alot worse) cripples the FPS even on the fastest CPUs like a 7800X3D.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.