I5 4460 worth to try or?

Hey guys, I need some advice from players who have/had i5 4460 3.20ghz and on their feedback regarding fps while raiding.

I currently have i5 2400 which giving me hard time with fps drops, so I can borrow the 4th gen , just need to know if it’s worth it or the performance on fps will most likely be the same.

Thanks

It’s about a 20% performance gain. So you won’t really notice a big improvement in raids.

20% as ? I mean , if it won’t drop below 40-50 fps will be much better than having 30 even 25

Yeah… no… that’s not how it works :smiley:
20% in that case is more like 5 FPS in a raid environment.
Like say you drop to 30 FPS now… then u might drop to 35 with the 4460.
Obviously i’m just guessing based on the singlethread performance of both CPUs.

If you drop to 25 now (which is about right for your CPU) then you will not get even close to stable 50 FPS with the 4460 (that would be an increase of 100%!).

You would need something like a 4790K (overclocked) or better get to 50+.

The cheapest upgrade for WoW would be a Ryzen 3300X with a new mainboard and faster DDR4 RAM.
If you like to also play new AAA games a Ryzen 3600 would be the sweespot.

Unless you get the parts for free or very very cheap I wouldn’t bother. You would need to replace motherboard as well. Between Sandy (2xxx) Bridge, Ivy (3xxx) Bridge and Haswell (4xxx) actual real world game performance increases are neglible.

if i was you save up your money i5 is 4 cpu ? nah thats ot worth your money i would go for at least 6 cpu and you will need a new motherboard etc

Yeah, this would require a new motherboard, chipset, ram and cpu and potentially a new GPU as well in case that could bring a bottleneck by being too slow to keep up with the newer CPU.

Which means getting a cpu from intel year 2018 at minimal or ones out last year. Still wouldn’t recommend 10th series, too much electric used for an attempt to keep up with Ryzen that’ll be blown out of water later this year with the 4000 series.

Right now, best to move to the Ryzen 5 3600x which is the sweet spot for gaming at this moment in time. You’ll get the FPS boost in wow and also be able to play the latest AAA games as well without a problem.

But would require a change of motherboard and all to make it happen. The same would be needed if sticking to Intel as well really.

I have i5 4460 and fps is few frames below acceptable number. During raids.
I also have it supported by 8GB of ram (DDR3 1600Mhz) and RX 480 8GB version.

According to my experience with this game in most of expansions you need slightly more than 2 times than minimum recommanded amount of ram.
So perhaps getting 4GB more would helped but I doubt it.

So I dont think purchasing this processor is good idea unless you can get it for 10-15$.

Given that your current CPU is 2nd gen you surely have outdated motherboard and can’t get anything more than 4th generation processors and 3rd generation ram. While there is no significant efficiency differences between ram generations and top processors compatible with your motherboard should be more than enough to give you 60 fps in raids I would recommand you to actually suffer a little longer with your current processor and start to slowly gather money for new PC.

@Grelier older genrations for i5/i7 indeed vary in performance by only ~10% and in modern times they are rarely good deal unless you can get them really cheap.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.