Ice block should also heal

Ice block should regenerate your health like when polymorph generates your enemies health. Get it done blizzard.

2 Likes

Some classes are allowed to be more independent, some are not. Mages are not.

2 Likes

We should be able to self-polymorph for the heal

3 Likes

That would be good, 5% each second of ice block so 50% in total is enough.

1 Like

ok remove polymorph then to keep it balanced

Or perhaps nerf common Mage partners like Rogues and Druids instead.

You know, since removing Polymorph would mean our sole loss of control effect would be Ring of Frost. It’s bad enough that we’re the only class without a hard CC or a class-based heal, go jump on someone who deserves it.

2 Likes

yea, more defensives is something that mages really need right now :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Lmao no lol.

4 Likes

ye meanwhile whenever someone plays with a mage they should get ice block as on use ability too

1 Like

Could be ok as a talent for frost or something. Self-poly would be better though, would be no stronger than zandi racial then but more fun.

At what point did you choose priest as the class you are playing with ice block as one of your spells?

Yeah, thats what I thought.

2 Likes

a little healing of 15% or 20% health id agree to that, cmon, that little healing every 5 mins? its reasonable, handy and unharmful

It did heal in WoD. Should have stayed that way.

1 Like

Then take away your perma sheild your massive shield is your defense

“massive” lmaoooo. It goes away after like 2 hits it doesn’t block a thing, and it’s on 25 seconds cd. It literally absorbs 35k damage. It’s nothing. If a pally or a rogue stuns you that shield is just as useful as a frostbolt.

You have all the slowing and roooting tools to survive if you cant as frost you are plain bad.

Now fire and arcane i couldundundersrabd with heals but not frost.

Mages are still in pvp ine of the best classes to play and have in a lot of comps you dont need much if. Anything.

Give deedeep freeze back.

On top of that strip some melee classes of jumps and engages its out of hand right now.

Strip all dps classes of self healing re introduce first aid.

Where do people get this? I see this all the time and I’ve never understood it.

It’s a 20% (22% for Frost) of max hp shield on a 25 second CD, for me that’s a 62k shield, basically sod-all in the grand scheme. You’re lucky if absorbs 1-3 hits with the ridiculous damage some classes put out.

It is also dispellable, meaning it’s effectively worthless against Priests, Shaman and Demon Hunters.

Frost is the weakest out of two pvp specs what are you talking about lol. Every single ability is interruptable and every single ability is frost. If a rogue kicks you - you are done you can’t even use frost nova.

If as a hunter you lose to a frost mage in pvp you need to quit wow and play tetris instead.

Im talking 3v3 not 1v1 hence i said access toTEAM COMPS

IMO, I reckon it should heal too. If we look at Ice Block as a ““weaker”” version of Divine Shield;

-Paladins are able to heal while using it, using up mana for them is not an issue as all of their attacks are really low mana consuming. So why shouldn’t mages get at least 1 healing defensive and allowing them that mana for their mana heavy spells?

-The actual ““healing”” defensive (you just get your same HP back) as of now is Temporal Shield, which I usually see it being used wrongly (As in bad timing)

The main point is that since BFA/Legion, they simplified all classes in order to make them more ““unique”” and balance and it ended up being “use these 4 buttons cause that’s all you get” (Which don’t really fit the Archmage class fantasy very well, tbh). And if they believe Ice Block should not heal, it won’t.

Oh well…