Ideas to make Monk more competitive on m+

They could make a few changes to make at least brewmaster compete with paladin not for the same setups but to make worth have the cr and bl on other classes of the setup:
(Important not all of them, would be too op, just select a few)

Bonedust brew: make it so also allies can proc the thing but with 20% chance instead of 50%, so u can use it to increase dps/hps in core situations(give this trait to all characters) Max 5 allies

Rework the statues to do their actual effect +:
Black Ox: give 5% versa in 40y radious max 5 players
WhiteTiger: give 5% haste in 40y radious max 5 players
Jade Statue: reduce damage taken 5% for 5 seconds each 15s

Rework the signature pets of all monks:
Niuzao, trait “Walk with the Ox” only 1 point: Absorb up to 50% of the damage taken by max of 5 allies link to him (damage absorcion increase depending on the hit taken). Increase niuzao hp by 75%.
Xuen: link to nearvy allies (max 5) so they have a probability to proc for X extra damage on each hit.
Yu’lon: if an allie die while yu’lon is active, yu’lon take the mortal hit ending the skill and his cooldown goes from 3 min to 5min. (this do not consume CR charge)

Edit: none of this effects stacks if u have multiple monks, the only “stack” would be on the jade statue, so it stack the time (if u had 3 monk u could hav the effect permanent but 3 monks for that its not worth)

that would be so busted…

it would make brewmaster 100% pick all the time.

actually i would be happy if i had a powerful instant vivify every 10s…
also i am missing a big dmg reduc5ion cd, besides that brew is very fine.

oh yeah maybe removr chi wave as it is borderline usless but you have to pick it lol

I would love if they make the pets and statues actually have more importance, increasing their cd if needed but i would love to actually say
Hey this dungeon have huge aoe dmg, lets pick the jade statue as tank and the niuzao talent to avoid that much dmg, similar to paladins with BoP or the magic one.

And the healer having that use one of ur big healing cds to avoid 1 death in exange on not having it for long time.

But specially i would love a rework on statues, still have them but to have group utility on them.

Of course as i say in the post, not all of this changes only some of them, all of them is busted as hell

It’s good as it currently is, I will never play this overpowered meta tank anyway. Always enjoy being the underdog.

the statues are all 3 pretty crap, not gonna lie.

Jade statue does nothing for fist weaving and even for caster mw quite useless.

Tiger does some dmg, too long cd for the tiny dmg it does. Over a dungeon it does like 2% overall dmg for me and only if I use it on big cds

Niuzao is… well no idea, totally useless. Currently trying it out as I feel that I have some aggro problems against ret and devoker. No idea if it will help though.

generally not a fan of something that has to be placed on the ground.

If anything you could make the tank statue like earth ele that taunts everything and maybe can tank stuff for 10s before it explodes.

Jade statue should maybe be a 30s or 1min cd that does the same as image of the naaru from holy priest. (copy your heals)

What is wrong with that?

Right now 99% of groups WOULD LOVE to have a prot paladin, but they are ok with a brewmaster if they dont get a very strong prot paladin to apply i guess. I play brew at 20s and i really get passed over paladins lots of times without that meaning i cant do 10-15 20s as i did this week.
However with the time i invested past 2 weeks i would have been in a far better spot as prot paladin.

I just want to have a thing that I an say hey, this is a huuge group utility, like the feel of cr on certain moments or the 1min cd mass silence that prot paladin have. The niuzao buff or the statues giving things to allies would be awesome

Subcreation now claims brewmaster is S tier together with paladin this next Tyrannical week. Not sure what you mean ‘‘not competitive’’. Also monk has healing/avoidance auras already, why you need those useless haste buffs, monk itself doesn’t even stack it.

It prolly wont stay long. Last week (this FF) we were A then B with DKs, then C. There are not a lot of keys yet to fix the ranking, wait till Sunday-Monday.

The problem is how groups perceive the specs, not a shortcoming of the spec at all. Brewmaster toolkit is well rounded out, and while thry do not have the same level of strength in utility they are still in a good place.

There are two big issues monks are facing right now:

• The spec is more complex to play, so just like with BDK the difference between a good and a bad one is really visible.
  • The spec is not advertised as FOTM, and thus not being a paladin automatically excludes you from the favored list.

Changing it around for BrM to be a must have in keys will just exclude other tanks, including prot paladins, so all we achieved is that we swapped over who is in the lead.

Also keep in mind that BrM is really strong in raids, way above paladins so I doubt Blizzard will make us really good in multiple content like that.

What I would like to see personally for brewmaster is a change on their monk class tree connections. Currently there is no way for me to drop my interrupt in favor for something else because the tree connections do not allow it. They could also make it easier to access the healing and avoidance increase auras, as you have to sacrifice a lot in order to have both.

I’d say thats a non issue as the people that play brewmaster play it because they are good at it and like it. If they were mediocre they would just switch to an easier tank.

Raid that we dont play double def trinkets our dmg got a hit today since we run double dps ones. Im not sure if it will last above paladins, we will see.

considering interrup should never be dropped i think that is a good thing
rather free up chi wave because that talent is so bad and you are forced to take it…
aside from that the 3 statues are also garbage and we are missing 1 point to take detox without losing something major like 4% heal, 10% dr or a major def cd…

Interrupt is useless on 90% of the raid bosses though. I much rather have something actually useful on those encounters than something that just looks pretty on my skillbar.

Atleast tiger statue does damage out of the three, so it has some use. Ox statue is only situationally useful though.

yea i guess, for raid could be argued, anywhere else though it is mandatory.

tiger statue does like 2% overall dmg for me when i pull big in dungeons :frowning:

Depends on the group, but yes, if an instance requires interrupts I always take it.

The statue usually does 2-2.4% for me. While that does not sound astonishing for a capstone talent I rather Blizzard does not touch it at all. The other two totems are currently situational, but I did not encounter many situations where I felt like having it is impactful. That is where Blizzard can make improvements I feel.

The Ox statue has the AoE taunt option on it, but we need encounters where we can make the encounter easier with its use.

i think the statue looks extremely dumb… i rather they put xuen there, which basically does the same thing but looks much better, is better to use and is not a ground target…

an aoe taunt would be somewhat useful if it wasn’t so clunky to use. The aoe threat itself seem to be doing nothing though, kinda weird.

jade statue kinda missed the trained when fist weaving was introduced and using melee attacks cancel the channel of the statue for whatever reason

See, as i said Reset day Brewmaster wont last long once people run keys. Right now is C tier and honestly there is no reason to play Brew over DH or Paladin, and thats from a m+ main brew (im only 2700~ so my keys are only in the 20s but i feel it “why take a brew”).

Raids i play WW and honestly i don’t mind playing keys as WW, i got all my tank and dps trinkets from m+ and 4 set etc but i find it easier to join keys as brew when solo.

Yeah I can’t believe even bears overtook brewmasters. They just take way too much dmg for some reason.

It’s because we can do insane healing too. If you play double shield trinket (NL and BH) plus sporecloak you are ok. But you obviously cant play toxic patch this way as second embellishment so ur missing some damage.

There are packs Brews can do 150-160k hps, also you can do 60k overall if you healer is dpsing.

Since in guides and healing tiers, I mostly or ONLY read that we have not much to give a group. No BL, no CR etc… so the solution would be to give us something, either existing OR something UNIQUE that we can use in raids or M+ bosses.

1 Like