Ideas to make PVP ranking more fun and accessible

So I have been thinking about the ranking system lately and although the decay removal is already a big step forward i still think theres room for improvement.
(skip to * paragraph for the proposal)

So let me start of with my personal situation, im working a full time job (yes the boomer argument) but I play about every evening and plenty of time in the weekends.
Im currently ranking 6-7 and this gap is about 77,5k? honor in one go, and 45k for 3 weeks if spread. In my situation I can grind about 10-15k honor in an evening, about 5 AB’s per day, which means I
spend about the full week grinding pvp to achieve rank 7 and should I not hit the marker its go again.
Now rank 7 is doable, but the next ranks coming are not going to be possible. I think I read its 250k from 9-10? This absolutely looses my interest to even try it, which makes me wonder why it is like this.

*The idea is why there is still a weekly time restriction and what if they would simply remove this. Remove the weekly lock and make ranks just require the set amount of honor to grind without ressetting every wednesday.

Pro’s I can think off:

• It makes ranking alot more accessible to people that can’t commit an entire week to grind in pvp.
  • It makes the grind alot less dreadfull because you can simply play whenever you want to play.
  • It keeps the pvp bracket alot more active througout the phases as people not just play pvp for 1 week, and alot more people would commit to the grind I think.

Con’s I can think off:

• The only actual con I can think of is people that are able to commit playing an entire week with little to no sleep would be mad that the ranks are now available to everyone. Now for the casual player grinding 500k honor from 13-14 is still an absurd amount to grind which would take several weeks to complete, so your advantage would be getting this done way before the casual player finishes this (in my example above this would take 35-50 days! just for the last rank).

If you like the idea please thumbs up or leave a comment if you have other ideas. I might not have explained it very well but i think this can really give pvp a boost and make it more fun

1 Like