If Classic+ is going to be a thing, it should have its own lore

No idea why they’re trying to write SoD lore to retail lore. Runescape paved its own way with lore with their old school version, I don’t see any harm in doing the same for World of Warcraft.

You gotta stop huffing the copium. This is getting ridiculous. Classic dev team is a team of 5 people. You aren’t getting some huge, major game changing lore for an imaginary classic+

1 Like

I disagree completely. SoD got no lore in the first place.

WoW got its lore off WarcraftII and WarcraftIII games - they should keep it that way because they have a large audience since WoW’s success is based on Warcraft’s success.

So just keep the lore and expand on it without adding propaganda or political views into it and it will thrive.

However, I hope we won’t get a Classic+ because judging by the decisions the devs blizzard hired nowadays have taken, it will fail miserably. Be it 5 devs or 100.
Unless google is lying, WoW had 40 developers back in 2004 with less tools, less means and far worse technology at their disposal, so I believe 20 years later could be done with less, but I doubt they will have any funding because numbers are bad, their new MMO “Odyssey” got canceled, blizzcon got canceled and nothing they’ve tried to develop around casual play-mode had any positive impact on active playerbase and subscriptions.

Classic+ would be an absolute failure the second they would start developing it.

So to be fair: the monthly fee for wow is the same for the last 19 years here. While the value of Euro did at least go down by -40% in that time.

So they are actually “allowed” to make their job 40% worse that they did back then

This is a huge problem with the SOD developers.

Wow Vanilla was driven by story which created the gameplay.
While retail and sod are driven by gameplay which in turn creates story.

1 Like

So please tell me how, the rivetting story of MC or BWL created the gameplay and not the other way around, vanilla wow was 100% gameplay first and story second when it came to how the story was made, no where in any of the warcraft games did we even have a mention of Rag before wow, we had a single mention of the old gods in warcraft 3, dragons for sure were a part of the lore though, but both Onyxia and Nef were made up for wow, closest thing to story driving the gameplay was us going into Naxx to clean up what was left behind in WC 3, we were nobodys and that what made the story work in vanilla most of the time we dealt with nothing world ending but something annoying at worst.

The technology also evolved in the past 20 years and therefor in some cases the job might also be 40% easier, be it hardware infrastructure or software tools that make the job easier as well.

So yes, the price is the same, but I like to believe that other costs are also far less, having the need of less stronger servers compared to many, many weaker/slower ones back in the day while the game having same demands in terms of hardware and whatnot.

I think being understaffed is the main issue, because I bet one of the servers they got today could probably equal 40 servers they had 20 years ago in terms of hardware aspect.

That is true, but a company usually does not improve it’s technology because they want to male the product cheaper for the customer, in most cases it is about more profit

In this case they did improve the hardware, they even had some public auctions for the old servers. Retail would not run on the servers they’ve had 20 years ago.

Wait… classic has a story?