If Nagrand is such a great place, as shown on the cinematics

There is an excellent question asked on MMO Champion.

If Nagrand is such a great place, as shown on the latest video, why don’t the orcs more there, instead of staying in that barren desert and killing night elves to take their resources?

Just #ThrallThings.

For what it’s worth, Saurfang did say the place dieing and falling apart…
Why Thrall would take his family there…well he leave his people in the in an arid wasteland to build a live for themselves.
He’s a pretty hardcore selfflagellant

Because it’s just nagrand. Rest of Outland still looks like trash and is broken and falling apart.

Except for Shergrat, that is also quote ok, except for the demon camps. And that swamp zone there that is teeming with all kinds of strange but edible life. And half of Terrokkar, which seemed habitable enough. So… about half of Outland, but who’s counting?

Blades edge mountains are deserted mostly. Terrokar forest was partly blown to dust and seems cursed. Zanga marshes are a swamp full of stuff trying to kill you. In fact the mushroom people seem to sit on the only reliable food source in the zone. Rest of Outland looks like hellfire peninsula. Also that place drifts into the nether slowly.

1 Like

…deserted is gut for inserting oneself, isn’t it?

Sounds like an orc kind of place.

Only the lower half. That’s why I said half.

You don’t have to eat plants, you know?

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Spawning_Glen

Did y’all miss the part where most of the grain turned to dust?

4 Likes

…your point being?

It shouldn’t do that. Outland is dying.

It’s not a great place.

That’s where Sporelings get their food from.

BTW, since when are orcs big fans of agriculture? I remember orcs eating pigs.

And if Thrall single handed was able to have all that terrain cultivated, then he is the solution for world hunger.

Looks like Gladiator scene to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well Thrall was a slave and a gladiator :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well spotted, yes. The 300 hundred movie also has such a scene.

I don’t undnerstand your argument, sorry. I wasn’t talking about sporelings.

I mean. I haven’t seen any place in Outland so far really suitable to feed bigger populations for a longer time of term. For settlers. Even Shattrath is filled with refugees mostly and horde and alliance returned to azeroth. Outland is done for.

Because the cinematic itself showcases with the wheat that crumbles in Saurfangs hand, that said world is still dying and decomposing.

As Bellular pointed out in his review of the cinematic, might already be symbolising a crumbling and ephemeral dream that won’t last.

2 Likes

Outland is generally a far worse place to live than Azeroth. That being said, it still has a few gems left, and the place will likely last for a couple of millenia at least before crumbling into the nether.

The downsides of outland include but are not limited to however:

• Greater fel & demonic corruption
  • Great geothermal instability.

I also imagine that the weather; or what there is of weather; on Outland can also be pretty insane.

In other words, it is a great place to go if you want to be left alone and leave your old worries behind!

i have another stupid idea. kick the Draenei off of Azeroth. Mac’Aree look just fine

3 Likes

While we’re at it, kick the Blood elves off the Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor looks just fine for them.

Move all of the prior titanforged back up to Northrend, rebury the undead and leave the Eastern Kingdoms to the Trolls and Gnolls/Murlocs to fight over

1 Like