If Sylvanas survived the Third War

What do you think would happen in terms of the lore?

Do you think Kael’thas would have promoted her as “Regent Lady of Quel’Thalas” and Lor’themar would have been appointed to “Ranger General.” Do you think the Blood Elves would have joined the Horde - if Nathanos’ lore remained unchanged and the Forsaken still joined the Horde, would he have been Sylvanas’ connection to join the Horde, just like she was for Lor’themar?
Do you think it would be fair to assume that Sylvanas would be the “canon” holder of the “Golden Bow of Quel’Thalas.”

With the main events for the Blood Elves; how do you think this would have been impacted - particularly on Quel’Thalas and the Sin’dorei story? How do you think Sylvanas, as leader, would have reacted to things like the Purge of Dalaran, the assault on Suramar etc?

Or - do you think Sylvanas would have taken exile with the High Elves and only held the leadership mantle briefly?

This comes off the back of me creating a transmog set for my Blood Elf Hunter which is very “Blood Elf Sylvanas” inspired.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/argent-dawn/kaiine

Actually, if Sylvanas had really wanted, she probably could have survived…and this is valid for King Anasterian, too. Just stay away from Arthas and the bulk of the Scourge when it was clear they couldn’t be stopped, jump on a ship, hide in the forests of the Ghostlands, teleport away…sadly the rules of war of the High Elves about honor -that back then were pretty similar to the rules of the Humans and the Alliance- forbade the major leaders to run away in case of an enemy invasion, they had to stay and protect their people even at the cost of their own lives, King Anasterian himself fought on the battlefield wielding Felo’melorn during the Troll Wars alongside his troops for example. So they died against Arthas and the Undead…

but if Sylvanas survived, I think she wouldn’t be the Ranger-General anymore obviously because of her failure in the invasion, but I don’t really think she would be appointed as “Regent Lady of Quel’thalas”, either…that would still be Lor’themar, probably.

I think Blood Elf Sylvanas would want to take revenge against the Scourge at all costs, and help the Sin’dorei with their addiction problem, so I’m almost sure she would join the expedition of Kael’thas in Lordaeron (and then Outland with Lady Vashj and Illidan) as Kael’s second-in-command.

So she would become an Illidari and possibly, if she survived the failed attack of Illidan, Kael and Vashj against the Lich King in Icecrown, maybe she would have become a Sunfury later, too…which as we know, it could have been very bad for her :stuck_out_tongue:

but if she survived even that and returned to Quel’thalas, redeemed and forgiven like a portion of the Sunfury have been, she could actually become the Regent Lady, if Lor’themar accepted to give her his position eventually, considering he didn’t really want the job as well… In any case it’s clear she would be one of the major leaders of the Sin’dorei like Rommath and Halduron, obviously.

Although it’s difficult to make predictions about what exactly would have happened because if she had survived the story would be quite different not just for the Blood Elves…I don’t think the Forsaken would really form as a faction without her personally freeing them from the will of the Lich King and leading them as a Dark Ranger…

Also Garithos’ army would survive so maybe the Alliance would still have a small chance to reclaim Lordaeron, because she was the one giving the order to kill them all after they both took Capital City from the Dreadlords. And without the Dark Lady ruling the Forsaken, the Blood Elves probably wouldn’t really consider to accept to join the Horde (even just for survival) as even with Sylvanas and the Forsaken they had a lot of doubts about joining the Orcs initially…so it’s iffy, maybe the Blood Elves would have just rejoined the Alliance, eventually, but then again the Alliance had made another hostile move against them with the Sentinel Spies in the Ghostlands in TBC, so maybe not…

P.S. nice mog on your Blood Elf Hunter, it’s very nice and fitting looking like Blood Elf Sylvanas, and I guess on the Argent Dawn you could technically RP as she being a Windrunner family member like a cousin of the sister who survived and stayed loyal to Quel’thalas and the Blood Elves - at least she would be the first Windrunner family member to be alive and loyal to her nation for a change! :sweat_smile: like Zendarin Windrunner who was a cousin of the 3 sisters, but then again he was evil…

I’m not sure she would have but she might. And instead of Lor’themar becoming ranger general, I feel like Vereesa would have been more inclined to go back home if her sister had still been alive so she would have taken the title of ranger general if Sylvanas became the regent lady of Quel’thalas. But to be honest, I still doubt that Kael’thas would have given this title to Sylvanas since they weren’t close, Lor’themar has always been more inclined to follow orders from the crown than her. He didn’t choose him because there was nobody else, but because he trusted him and I doubt he had the same trust in Sylvanas.

Nathanos was changed into a ghoul that could barely think and was freed by Sylvanas. Not sure that a living Sylvanas would have been able to do the same since she wouldn’t have the same knowledge of undeath she had as the Banshee Queen.

As far as I know, no one knows who it used to belong to. The only legendary bow canonically linked to the ranger generals and Windrunners is Thas’dorah.

Blizzard writers don’t care about the actions of the characters matching their personality. Sylvanas would have done all the things Lor’themar has done.

Probably, because people around Sylvanas often told her that she was made for leadership but she ended up becoming the Forsaken leader despite herself. It wasn’t really a decision she made, but a suggestion of the Nathrezim and chose to follow it to get her revenge on Arthas. She literally killed herself when that was done, which showed how little she cared about leading just for the sake of it. Back when she became the ranger general, it was because of a decision made by Alleria and her mother. She agreed to it because she didn’t know what to do with her life anyway, and thought she’d be good in that role.

I’m not sure she would have remained loyal to the Sunfury if it meant sacrificing all that stood for to Kil’jaedon.

As somebody who wanted to defend her people, it’s possible that even as Sunfury, she would have returned with Rommath and helped the Rangers secure Eversong and possibly, been involved with the Ghostlands questing experience.

Of course.

And also Lady Liadrin as the Blood Knight Matriarch.

True. I just can’t help but think about how she would have viewed the Purge of Dalaran.

Thanks!
You could RP as a Windrunner, but these days - you’d be crucified if you did :rofl:

Sometimes I wish I didn’t play on Argent Dawn because then I would have just renamed the character to “Sylvanas” (or with a fancy icon above the “a”.)

Blizzard finally brought back the Sylvanas that I loved and now she’s gone again…

That’s true.
Sylvanas went against Kael’thas during the admittance of Nathanos into the Farstrider Union.

I wonder if Blood Elf Sylvanas would have had more time and possibly developed a friendship with Lana’thel? Obviously what happened to Lana’thel would still happen.

here is my guess, If Sylvanas survived i think she would still be ranger general but she would feel shamed of failing to save her kingdom.

she would probably attempt to join the Alliance through Stormwind, as she tried to do in undeath, but they would have rejected her for being a Belf, not helf.

Her sister Vereesa would still remain a helf, due to her children and human husband, however, she would have less hatred for the horde and would have understood the blood elf’s side more through her sister, which means she would have never created the silver covenant as a way to keep relations with her sister good. that is, until her husband dies in theramore the hatred might begin here.

There would be no Forsaken race, as the undead people would not know what to do, as it was Sylvanas that united the forsaken and lead them to their own path.

Do you think she would have been made the leader of the Elves who remained in Quel’Thalas, in Kael’thas’ absence or do you think she would have left with Kael’thas and additionally joined the Illidari with Illidan and Vashj (even for a brief time - could have returned to Silvermoon with Rommath.)

in my opinion, i think she would have joined Kael. wether she would have become a fel elf or remain a blood elf is uncertain, depends if she figures out what Kael is doing is wrong.

The reason why i say this is because Sylvanas was always the one who follows tradition, not her heart. She had good terms with Kael but often disagreed with Lorthemar, as Lorthemar mentions sometimes that he and sylvanas often disagreed when she was an elf, but he respected her bravery in the war

That’s a fair point.

I would always think that she would step away from Kael’thas in the end, because despite everything, she was dedicated to Quel’Thalas and it’s people.

But not all was plain sailing between Sylvanas and Kael’thas though - she completely ignored his demands that Nathanos not be admitted to the Farstrider ranks. Perhaps she would have been part of the Sunfury Farstriders and I think, in the start, she would have left Karabor with Kael’thas (possibly preferring his company over Illidan’s) but maybe she would have left Outland and traveled back to Quel’Thalas with Rommath.

She was driven and with her feeling possible guilt over the Sunwell’s destruction and Quel’Thalas’ downfall, the more I think about, the more I do think she would have been part of the Sunfury, because those Blood Elves did start out with honorable goals.

2 Likes

It’d change lot. For one the Forsaken wouldn’t exist and the Blelves wouldn’t have joined the Horde sicne that was essentially her initiative. By the same token she wouldn’t be as broken by the defeat as in the main timeline, because she’d never have been forced to do the things she has.

Given her connections it’s impossible to think she’d not hold a position of great influence. If given the choice she would likely remain the Ranger General, but it’s not impossible she’d be called upon to politically wed, with another of the remaining elites such as Kael’thas given her position as the head of one of the big founding houses. Extending that she might help, with returning the ranger enclaves abroad back to Quel’thalas.

Outside of that i could see her becoming even more vicious in some ways, because she’d ahve to contend with a more organised Scourge that had Garrithos under it’s thumb becoming more dependant on shows of force coming from Outland via stuff like the Naaru succ, which would influence the way TBC unfolded by making the Blelves even more desperate for power.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.