If the level squish goes through Im quitting wow permanently

But you don’t know if it will be a stand-alone feature or they will add something alongside it.
I agree that it would be bad if it comes alone, but maybe if they “rework” the leveling system it could be good, you don’t know

Enchanting wouldn’t had helped my warlock yesterday when I got a rising sun kick for half my hp yesterday dude

If you can’t see the difference in always being in disadvantage than being able to progress at 120 to become stronger I dunno what to say

just from curiosity .

how many alts do you have ?

because just like in other threads concerning alts you seem as person who hates them as well as someone who doesnt seem to have any "attachements " to in game chars.

for me its strange when its concerning mmorpg where most people feel at least somehow “connected” to virtual avatars.

just honest question - how many alts do you have.

I have 23 characters at or over 110. And a bunch of others obviously-

The thing is Im the most connected to my 120 warlock and my 60 paladin. and the level squish would obsolete so much of the stuff I’ve done on him. I have nearly 80 days /played on him.

1 Like

Lol that happens every patch for us non twinkers. You’d have to see details, it might nulify your work, it might make no difference at all.

2 Likes

I mean thats more of a class inbalance at low level. Does the gear help? yes, ofcourse. But there’s also stuff like incendiary ammunition that crits for over half of anyone’s HP at any level. (Maybe not 120, but atleast 20-110).

Said “brackets” will just be renamed with a different number.

Gear and everything else will follow the squish. A level 30 item today will pretty much be gear meant for the exact same level in the future, just with a different number. Like e.g. 15 being the new 30.

Not sure why I bother trying to douse the fires here. I get it, you don’t like it. I see your concerns of it as making a mountain out of a mole hill, but opinions you know…

I’m gonna welcome the squish. Pretty sure it’s gonna be better than we have currently, and especially for people who think leveling lacks meaningfull progression(e.g. lack of access to new spells etc.). You are more likely to get it if they squish together those levels. Your “dings” might even feel more impactfull.

1 Like

That is actually a pretty brilliant point.

What is your main issue?

People think dings are meaningless because the world scales and we have a dumbed down ability/spell system. Level squishing is fixing a problem that doesnt exist.

2 Likes

what do you mean?

Do you not think it would be better if there were 80 levels and you got a reward ever 3-4, opposed to as it is now, 120 and you rarely get a new talent / spell?

I see nothing but positive things with a level squish.

People thought dings were meaningless way before scaling was introduced.

1 Like

I’ll just quote Jovani here…;

Im saying I’d rather have more spells and abilities. Also give us back spell ranks tbh.

The old talents from Classic/tbc/wotlk was better than the trash we have now. Its so mundane.

1 Like

You are judging the system before you’ve seen it live.

Raising your concerns are fine, but claiming it’s failure before you’ve seen it is a bit rough, and that’s pretty much what you are doing.

2 Likes

Then that’s an argument FOR the level squish. How do you not see that?

They cant have 120 talent points, it’d be insane and such a torn off for new players.

Of course you’d want more abilities and rewards, but thats not going to happen.

Either you have 120 where every level is spread thin and meaningless, or you have 60, 70, even 80 was a much better number where every level (or every other) gives you something to look forward to.

1 Like

The system seems awful, how can I not? Once its in place it wont go away either. Just look at LFR.

Also, you’re loitering the thread. Whats the point of quoting people you agree with? Stop posting so much.

With a level squish, the old systems are far more realistic than now. More new abilities when there are this many levels, would quite likely come at the cost of class diversity, which is already a common complaint(lack of it). As an altoholic I feel we are already stuck at too many similarities between the different classes and specs, and I guess it isn’t hard to see that I will support a level squish if it happens. I honestly think we are better off with a level squish.

Looking at the classes, if we get a level squish, we would get a new ability every level or two, unlike now where you get new abilities or upgrades every four to five levels, making the time between them obsolete. At least with a squish, levels will actually mean something. A one level difference could mean having an actual advantage over an enemy.

3 Likes

I see absolutely no relation to LFR and a level squish. What do you mean it seems awful? All we’ve heard is they’ll squish the level number down.
It’ll be a one and done thing, not an ongoing system than effects everyone every day, every patch.

If you’re going to compare it to something, it’s only comparable to the stat squish, which is generally positive but its a band-aid solution. This is a more permanent way to adjust an issue thats plagued this game for years.

I’d encourage people to jump in even with a “me too” response just to show Blizzard that people want this. The negative / against side is always the loudest, especially on these forums.
People have asked for a level squish ever since MoP, and I hope they go through with it, I truly think it’ll be one of the best changes they do to WoW within recent history.

Too many, I’m nearing my limit for this account. I’ve never been connected that much with them, they are not a digital me.

I don’t hate them I’m just not attached to them. Personally I don’t see how this thread is attached to alt hatred, it’s about a level squish.

Could you expand on this as I don’t think it will as iLevel is boosted currently, isn’t it?

But it will still take the same time difference in-between them. You have to remember all we are talking about is a level squish not a gear squish, XP squish or more talents.

1 Like