If they insist on warmode, make it for pvpers

I understand that there are a lot of problems with warmode but one thing that is bugging me is that they implemented the system where PvP gear is scaled in PvP combat to avoid PvPers to get into PvE OR to make PvP gear better in PvP? Yet you face full geared mythic players out in the world which in my opinion is not weak enough for doing PvE.

I faced a feral druid doing 10.5k ferocious bites (crit) on me while my eviscerates did 8k (crit) on him. He had 236 ilvl with 10% vers and I had 239 pvp ilvl with 37% vers (venthyr pot gives 3%).

How is it fair that a PvE player with less vers and ilvl can pull off such numbers in pvp when they are not even doing PvP normally? If we get a disadvantage in PvE shouldnt they get one in PvP?

In my opinion I think PvP Power and PvP Resilience was better where if you actually did PvP in wow you had an advantage even if they were mythic raiders or w/e.

What do you think, should people who have pve gear be worse in world pvp?

3 Likes

So you compare two different abilities from different classes hitting on different characters and expect them to be the same, or else your point is proven?

I also believe a full PvE Warlocks Chaos Bolt does more damage on me then my overpower does on him, even if I have 30% more versatility. Does that mean anything? Are we comparing the same things or not?

Peanut :brain: post :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:.

1 Like

Are you really comparing chaos bolt with overpower?

1 Like

War mode is PvE + PvP, not PvP alone.

2 Likes

You are an obvious troll but for the sake of discussion and others I will answer your peanut :brain: answer.

I compare two finishers and their damage. Do you understand how versatility works as a stat?

Versatility is pretty simple: 1% Versatility grants a 1% increase to your damage, healing, and absorbs, and reduces the damage you take by 0.5%.

So my finisher should basically do base_dmg * 1,37 and the damage I take should be reduced with (37/2)% While the druids damage should be base_dmg * 1,10 and his damage taken should be (10/2)%. Simple math, I bet you can understand that.

In my opinion, if I can still take 10k hits from a person who has 27% less versa than me then I think the versa isnt a good enough stat to differentiate the pvp players from pve players.

I understand an arms warrior doing 20k hits while rolling their face on their keyboard wouldnt understand this so maybe refrain from posting in the future? :wink:

I am pretty sure he is a troll :confused:

Thats the thing, why would PvE be part of WARmode? Thats what we have for people interested in pvp? Why should PvEers be on the same level without pvp gear?

If it was a solely PvP game mode there would be no quests, etc. in the zones. Fact is, it’s a PvE mode with PvP tacked on to make it more interesting. Many players will only PvE, fewer will only PvP, and lots in between doing PvE and PvP to some extent - but it’s all valid in a PvE+PvP game mode.

However, I don’t see why a PvPer should not have some advantage over the PvEer. They do have the damage buff in WM, activated after X PvP kills, that’s real nice.

All good, the problem is: Those 2 spells have different AP coefficients themselves, regardless of external modifiers like versatility, buffs, etc. Even if they are both finishers.
Lets assume ferocious bite = eviscerate as base damage, but FB can deal extra damage based on extra energy ( like my zug zug Execute ). Lets say 7k base for both.
You do 7k Eviscerate + 35% versa ( x1.4 in pvp combat), reduced by 5% because of his 10% versa = 7.000 x 1.49 x 0.95 = Around 10k.
Ferocious does 7k base, but with 50 energy, that means 14k damage. He has 10% versa, you have 35% ( reduces dmg by 17.5%)
14k x 1.14 Ă— 0.83 = around 13k.

The numbers check out exactly.
Ofc there might be temporary buffs to each of you, but the damage you described is normal for those vaules of Versatility of both. Glad I could help.

That is what my post is about. It does not always feel like we have an advantage over a fully geared pve player. In my opinion they are the ones who should “struggle” for doing “our” content.

Thanks for bringing a valid argument. And yeah, if these numbers makes sense to you, doesnt it feel weird that a pveer can make such big numbers in a pvp environment?

I said it before and I’ll say it again. The way versatility works is really bad in pvp and the reason for the stupidly fast meta. Only 1 change could fix most of the problems:
Make versa reduce the same damage as it increases. Then it will be much stronger for PvP content then PvE gear is, while also reducing the 1 GCD nukes, and making PvP gear the only viable option.

The way versatility works now, it does nothing to reduce efective damage in PvP. You will take the same damage if both players have the same versa, lets say both of you have 100% versa. You do double damage and take half. The other person the same.
The problem is, secondary stats will scale exponentially off each other. The burst problem will get even bigger in 9.2, and bigger still in 9.3 if that patch happens.

1 Like

Hahahahahahahahaahahaahaha omg

Fact.
/10 char

Warmode was only put in so they could easily merge dying pvp and pve realms without uproar.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.