If you don't have 2/4 piece by Wednesday

Do NOT use it to craft any of these pieces: bracers, cloak, belt or boots.
It’s a noob trap, i repeat, stay away! and do NOT craft them.

Since it appears that only the main pieces will give you the set bonuses…

At least, that’s what the wording implies…
So for example if you have tier chest, helm and gloves… make some pants or shoulders to get 4 piece.
That perfectly good pair of 278 ilvl boots you happen to have… nope, you’ll have to make the 264 pants into tier and waste a charge of the catalyst if you get higher ilvl pants soon™.

Because if it worked on any of the mentioned slots giving the set bonus, you could have made the bis boots your 4th piece.
Now you’ll have to use an inferior ilvl main piece and then use another charge later if you happen to get a higher ilvl in that slot.

Hope i explained it well enough, good luck and use your catalyst charges carefully!

3 Likes

Blizzard really went full R word on this whole system lmao.

6 Likes

I really don’t get why they added the set bonuses to work on the main pieces only…
It needlessly complicates things and lowers our crafting options from the start.

And i’m not talking for myself… i already have a helm and chest piece at 278 waiting to get made into tier.
But i’m sure a lot of players out there weren’t that lucky and were saving an off piece to get the bonus from…

2 Likes

They went full blizz again as always and people are still surprised somehow. By now the only thing to expect from these incompetent wow devs is disappointment.

Thanks for the post btw and good job explaining :+1:

1 Like

I don’t really understand why they bothered to make the other items eligible. It would have been much simpler to just stick to the tier slots.

EDIT - YES IT’S FOR TMOG PURPOSES. THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO REPLIED STRAIGHT AWAY AND THOSE WHO CONTINUE TO QUOTE ME DAILY :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Becouse they maybe fins out they cant make it work? That there is like lot of system issues with it?

I took that for granted since that’s the pieces that generally have the set bonuses on them.
Still, cheers for the heads up.

1 Like

I genuinely do not understand what you mean.

They are including items to be used in the catalyst that aren’t going to be giving you the set bonuses. I fail to see what use they are.

Well… apparently they’re just going to be for transmog purposes and to reforge the stats into the set type… if they’re better for you.

I don’t like this design, it’s pretty fail.

If i had made the system, the design would have been for any of the tier pieces to count for the tier set… it’s more convenient that way for the players.
If i had boots at 278 and chest at 265, i could make the 4th piece my boots for it to count for the set bonus, since i wouldn’t change my boots this patch, but my chest will surely get an upgrade.

Now… i have to make the 265 chest and use a catalyst charge, if i get a 278 piece in the following weeks/days, now i got to use another charge of the catalyst, making the 1st charge kind of wasted.

That’s why it would have been better for any piece to count towards the set bonus.

1 Like

It seems like its for raid tmog. I agree that it seems like overall a bad decision opening themselves up for more tickets from people who dont realise

1 Like

Ah well I guess that’s an actual reason. Collect the set.

Still half-assed design… should have made it count for any piece, and im sure lots of players that don’t regularly read wowhead or look on the forums will be making some threads on Wednesday.

I don’t see any downside to making any of the pieces count towards the set bonuses.
As it is, Blizz is just setting themselves up for some extra hate… again.

I agree, but I was honestly struggling to see any purpose for it. I guess transmog is a reason, but it’s going to cause much confusion.

Yes… and that’s exactly how most of the playerbase will see this system.
Is it a system that:
A) is for getting set bonuses
B) is for getting transmogs
C) both

Pretty sure it’s gonna be the first one for most people…

1 Like

im more curious why you even can use it on bracers/cloak etc - what is the point ? to change stats on the ones from raid ? toget it as transmog ?

Yes… these two are the reason apparently.
Not that most players will see it that way on Wednesday. :smiley:

This could be used against most of what we’ve seen in this terrible expansion. Also the tier set crafting not coming into play until week 8 is a yet another awful decision. Should of been here week 4! Those of us who don’t raid have nothing but rng access to these pieces. I have just 1 and have been 3 capping my vault each week.

You wouldn’t be able to get the off-set pieces for the full transmog without raiding without them making it so.

For transmogs it’s good. Means I can get full mythic transmog without raiding.
Woo

Just turn those shiny 278 m+ items into tier.

I honestly think it would have been nicer to give us one charge four weeks in then the second charge at 8 weeks, then let it work on a weekly basis.

Yes some others pointed out it’s for transmog reasons. But thank you again. I was honestly wondering what the point was.