If you guessed why PvP sucks

Don’t tell me he is gone, without Jito we will only have to complain about the game, it’s more boring than farming essences for alts in pve

I m honor lvl 31(?) but have almost 250k kills…
why?
I mainly pvped from bc to cata and a little in mop. Didn’t play wod, did play legion and bfa but pvp got so bad that i barely did that. Farmed my honor talents with a little world pve§ quests at the side

You notice if the pvp design is dumpster that the people actually start not doing it anymore - I am probably a prime example as I used to play bgs and arena all day and now can’t even get me to do 1 bg per day

1 Like

Its horrifying that you people actually think these toons working for blizzard (or rather activision or whatever huge global corporation now owns this game) really try to make it a ‘good game’=a pleasurable experience for the players/customers.

They have one goal and one goal only. Make as much money out of this for their overlords as possible. And if someone else can squeeze the lemon a little harder they are gone faster than a failing low DD gets kicked out of a random raid on wednesday…

That goal sometimes means making the game LESS entertaining for the players. Sometimes to give other players a reason to stay (OP classes for ganker aholes). Sometimes to make it harder for players to reach certain stuff they want (time sink). Maybe they just shake things up once in a while so players dont get bored.

And dont forget what was revealed decades ago. 99% of players never read forums much less write there. What the vast majority of customers really care about, what makes them hand over the most money possible, is far, far away from what people like you feel would make the game better.

I bet they have given up on the PvP aspect of this game long ago. Thats why they dont even pretend anymore to balance the insane heal amounts from PvE and other stuff. They just forced players under the threat of a quite harsh penalty (10% and up to 25% i heard less rewards and also no PvP abilities) to make themselves available to no nuts ganker aholes as victims so these fckers would keep shoving money in blizzards asses. Without giving a sh*t about where this forced on open pvp was in anyway balanced or in 95% of the cases any fun.

Btw after doing the math and cobining Arena players amount based on 0.1% rank 1 cutoffs I found something terryfing. There were less than 15000 PvP players in EU that is considered to be bigger region than US. It’s basically 1/10 of what we had in MoP. PvP is seriously dead!

Can you… elaborate a little bit on your formula?

Rank 1 title is 0.1% of top players of each faction. What you need to do is to take the amount of sinister gladiators from each faction. Then multiply it 1000 times and sum up. As I remember it was 83 for horde and 42 for alliance. 83000 and 42000 givies 125000. Of course the numbers are not exact to 1 but the margin of mistake isn’t high. I typed one 0 less above it should be below 150000.

So following that logic how many are above 2k?

Can’t say as it’s not % baded. What I can tell is that s15 in MoP had 375 rank 1 players in EU and if you multiply it 1000 it gives 375000. 1/3 of that EU community was playing in season 2 of BfA. If it’s true Arena players are very faithful and reliable because according to leaks there are 6x less players overall but only 3x less arena players.

Why do you answer with a nonsense question? :thinking: He explained it childfriendly, even though his numbers seems to be incorrect.

Based on the ladder and cutoffs from xunamate, we had 70 r1 on alliance and 110 on horde ~ 180k players above 1k.

Still only 1/2 half of MoP and even only 60% of WoD (which was called the worst PvP addon back then).

Also halfed due the faction split (95% of the competitive PvPers played alliance in MoP/WoD) so if people look for arena partners nowadays, they only see 1/4 of the players in the tool compared to MoP/WoD.

What are you even banging on about? How is my question nonsense? I never said I don’t get what he’s talking about, I added a second question to my first one. I was curious to see if there’s a way to calculate how many of the remaining pool are over 2k

Obviously very few players play arena nowadays, it’s also why it’s harder to get rating now than it was back in the day. 1) Only the diehard 2700+ xp players still playing 2) Borderline impossible to find partners.

In general much of the “more casual” population of WoW quits after the first month of the expansion, especially of the expansion isn’t a very good one like BfA. I’m pretty sure BfA’s arena participation is in an all time WoW however.

These numbers were what I could find so you might be right 180 k players isn’t actually that bad. I made research about the oldest season I could find and it was S13 from MoP with battle groups:

Blackout 12 + 79 gladiators

PvP EN Agamaggan
PVP EN Aggra(Português)
PvE EN Aggramar
PvP EN Al’Akir
PvE EN Arathor
PvE EN Aszune
PvE EN Azjol-Nerub
PvP EN Bladefist
PvE EN Bloodhoof
PvP EN Bloodscalp
PvP EN Burning Blade
PvE EN Doomhammer
PvE EN Draenor
PvE EN Dragonblight
PvE EN Emerald Dream
PvP EN Sunstrider
PvP EN Twilight’s Hammer
PvP EN Warsong
PvP EN Zenedar

Blutdurst 18 + 158

PvP DE Aegwynn
PvP DE Destromath
RP DE Die Silberne Hand
PvP DE Eredar
PvP DE Frostmourne
PvP DE Frostwolf
PvP DE Gorgonnash
PvP DE Gul’dan
PvP DE Kel’Thuzad
PvP DE Kil’Jaeden
PvE DE Madmortem
PvE DE Malfurion
PvP DE Mannoroth
PvP DE Nathrezim
PvE DE Nozdormu
PvE DE Perenolde
PvE DE Proudmoore
RP DE Zirkel des Cenarius
PvP DE Zuluhed

Cataclysm 15 + 152

PvP FR Archimonde
RP EN Argent Dawn
PvP EN Burning Legion
PvP FR Cho’gall
PvP EN Crushridge
PvP EN Daggerspine
PvE FR Dalaran
PvP EN Deathwing
PvP EN Dragonmaw
PvP EN Dunemaul
PvE FR Elune
PvE FR Hyjal
PvE FR Illidan
PvP FR Kael’thas
RP FR Kirin Tor
RP FR Ner’zhul
PvP FR Sargeras
PvP FR Sinstralis

Cruelty 10 + 79

PvE EN Alonsus
PvE EN Anachronos
PvE EN Bronze Dragonflight
PvP EN Burning Steppes
PvP ES C’Thun
PvE ES Colinas Pardas
RP EN Darkmoon Faire
PvE EN Darkspear
PvP ES Dun Modr
PvE ES Exodar
PvP EN Kor’gall
PvE EN Lightbringer
RP ES Los Errantes
PvE ES Minahonda
PvP ES Sanguino
RP-PvP ES Shen’dralar
PvE ES Tyrande
PvP ES Uldum
PvP ES Zul’jin

Cyclone 23 + 149

PvE DE Alexstrasza
PvE DE Alleria
PvE DE Antonidas
PvE DE Baelgun
PvE DE Blackhand
RP EN Earthen Ring
PvP EN Ravencrest
PvE EN Runetotem
PvE EN Shadowsong
PvP EN Shattered Hand
PvE EN Silvermoon
PvP EN Skullcrusher
PvP EN Spinebreaker
PvE EN Stormrage
PvP EN Stormreaver
PvP EN Stormscale
PvE EN Terenas
PvE EN Thunderhorn
PvE EN Turalyon

Embuscade 4 + 33

PvP FR Arak-arahm
PvE DE Area 52
PvE DE Arygos
RP FR Confrérie du Thoriu
RP DE Der Mithrilorden
PvP DE Dethecus
PvE FR Eitrigg
RP DE Forscherliga
PvP FR Garona
PvE DE Garrosh
RP-PVP FR La Croisade écarlate
PvE FR Medivh
PvE DE Norgannon
PvE DE Teldrassil
RP DE Todeswache
PvE FR Uldaman
PvE DE Un’Goro
PvE FR Vol’jin

Emberstorm 16 + 115

PvP DE Anetheron
PvP DE Arthas
PvP DE Azshara
PvE EN Azuremyst
PvP DE Blackmoore
PvP DE Blackrock
PvE EN Blade’s Edge
RP-PvP DE Die Arguswacht
RP DE Die ewige Wacht
RP-PvP DE Die Todeskrallen
PvE DE Durotan
PvP EN Hakkar
PvP DE Nazjatar
PvP DE Nefarian
RP-PvP EN Scarshield Legion
RP EN Steamwheedle Cartel
PvE EN Terokkar
PvE DE Thrall
PvE DE Tichondrius
PvP EN Xavius

Misery 28 + 139

PvE EN Aerie Peak
PvP EN Boulderfist
PvE EN Chamber of Aspects
PvE EN Eonar
PvP EN Frostmane
PvP EN Grim Batol
PvP EN Jaedenar
PvP EN Kazzak
PvE EN Kilrogg
PvP IT Nemesis
PvP EN Outland
PvE IT Pozzo dell 'Eternià
RP-PvP EN Ravenholdt
PvE EN Saurfang
PvP EN Stonemaul
PvP EN Tarren Mill
PvE EN Vek’nilash
PvE EN Wildhammer

Rampage 24 + 184

PVP EN Bloodfeather
RP-PvP FR Conseil des Ombres
PvP EN Darksorrow
PvE FR Drek’Thar
RP-PvP EN Defias Brotherhood
PvP EN Frostwhisper
PVP EN Haomarush
PvE FR Khaz Modan
RP FR Les Sentinelles
PvP EN Lightning’s Blade
PvP EN Neptulon
PvP EN Ragnaros
PvP FR Rashgarroth
PvP EN Sylvanas
PvP EN The Maelstrom
RP-PvP EN The Venture Co
PvP FR Throk’Feroth
PvP EN Twisting Nether
PvP FR Varimathras
PvP EN Vashj

Frenzy 6 + 41

PVE DE Aman’Thul
PVP DE Anub’arak
PvP EN Balnazzar
RP-PVP DE Das Syndikat
RP DE Der Rat von Dalaran
PvE DE Dun Morogh
PvP EN Genjuros
PvE EN Hellscream
PvP DE Krag’jin
RP-PvP DE Kult der Verdammten
PvP EN Laughing Skull
PvP EN Magtheridon
PvP DE Nera’thor
PvE EN Nordrassil
PvP DE Onyxia
PvE DE Sen’jin
PvP DE Terrordar
PvP DE Theradras
PvP DE Wrathbringer

Reckoning 5 + 27

PvP EN Ahn’Qiraj
PvE EN Bronzebeard
PvP EN Chromaggus
PvP EN Dentarg
PvP EN Drak’thul
PvP EN Emeriss
PvP EN Executus
PvE DE Gilneas
PvE DE Kargath
PvE EN Khadgar
PvE DE Khaz’goroth
PvE EN Kul Tiras
PvE DE Lothar
PvE DE Malygos
PvE EN Mazrigos
RP EN Moonglade
PvE DE Rexxar
PvP EN Talnivarr
PvP EN Trollbane
PvE DE Ysera

Charge 2 + 28

PVP DE Blutkessel
PvE FR Chants éternels
RP-PvP DE Das Konsortium
RP DE Die Aldor
PvP DE Echsenkessel
PvP DE Festung der Stürme
RP FR Les Clairvoyants
PvE FR Marécage de Zangar
PvP FR Naxxramas
PVE DE Nethersturm
PvE DE Shattrath
PvP FR Temple noir

Vengeance 6 + 39

PvE DE Ambossar
PvP FR Arathi
RP-PvP FR Culte de la Rive noire
PvP DE Dalvengyr
RP-PvP DE Der abyssische Rat
RP DE Die Nachtwache
PvP FR Eldre’Thalas
PvE FR Krasus
PvE DE Lordaeron
PvE DE Malorne
PvP DE Mug’thol
PvP DE Rajaxx
PvE FR Suramar
PvP DE Taerar
PvE DE Tirion
PvE DE Ulduar
PvP DE Vek’lor
PvP FR Ysondre

Vindication 2 + 26

PvP EN Auchindoun
PvE EN Ghostlands
PvE EN Hellfire
PvP EN Karazhan
PvE EN Nagrand
PvP EN Shattered Halls
RP-PvP EN Sporeggar
RP EN The Sha’tar

ВИХРЬ 4 + 25

PvE RU Борейская тундра (Borean Tundra)
PvE RU Галакронд (Galakrond)
PvE RU Дракономор (Fordragon)
PvP RU Подземье (Deepholm)
PvP RU Разувий (Razuvious)
PvP RU Ревущий фьорд (Howling Fjord)
PvP RU Седогрив (Greymane)
PvP RU Ткач Смерти (Deathweaver)

ШКВАЛ 20 + 99

PvE RU Азурегос (Azuregos)
PvE RU Вечная Песня (Eversong)
PvE RU Голдринн (Goldrinn)
PvP RU Гордунни (Gordunni)
PvP RU Гром (Grom)
PvP RU Король-лич (Lich King)
PvP RU Пиратская бухта (Booty Bay)
PvP RU Свежеватель Душ (Soulflayer)
PvP RU Страж Смерти (Deathguard)
PvP RU Термоштепсель (Thermaplugg)
PvP RU Черный Шрам (Blackscar)
PvP RU Ясеневый лес (Ashenvale)

Sumary:

195 + 1373 gladiator

First no. is from 3s and second is from 5s.

It’s hard to count playerbase based on these no. because plenty of players played both brackets. I also figured out that back then not people were provided with the titles but teams. Players had 3-5 players in 3v3 team so it’s hard to say if this 195 means 195 teams or players. It seems teams as I don’t believe that only 39000 players played 3s back then (glad = 0,5% so x 200).

Well, R1 is like 0.1% of all players above 1k rating in arena. So if you know how many people got R1 you can calculate how many people were above 1k.

That’s all you can do with this formula. You can only get the playercount above 1k rating. That’s why your question was nonsense, since it’s impossible to get the player above a specific rating (just 1k).

Wouldn’t say that. The rating is deffo scaling with the amount of players playing, but it depends on a lot more factors: How is the meta? Many classes playable or only 1-2 meta comps? They also implemented at one point an ratinginflation - dunno exactly when it was tho (WoD? Legion?) but it was done so people can’t sit their rating they got due imbalance in the early season and sit on it to the end of season.

Another point is, that title nowadays are given out through the season, so a lot of people who got their title (glad) stop playing after and play other games, only come once a week for cap and a m+10 dungeon.

Ehm, sorry dude, but that is totally BS! You haven’t undestood the data!

R1 was only given out to the top team back in the days (yes, we had fix teams back then), so that formula doesn’t work. Also the numbers you listed were the lowest rank. So 152 for cataclysm means, the lowest faced team was rank 152 (with a rating of 670).

So you have to look at the left side, there were 15 glad teams in 3s -> * 200 = 3000 teams overall -> * 3-6 player for each team = 9000-18000 player in 3s for cataclysm. In average most teams were 3 player though, so the playercount is somewhere around 10-12k for cataclysm.

Make this for each pool and you get somewhere around a number that could be true. Probably something between 300-450k.

P. S.: A better way to do so is to pick the challenger teams and multiply them with 10. Should be a close value to the playercount of each realmpool.

Anyways, a lot of people disbanded their teams shortly before the end of the season if they couldn’t get the title they wanted, to fxck other people off (less teams = less spots for each title) so I know a bunch of people who only got duelist and deleted the team so other people don’t get their glad.

In short words: You can’t get the real value of active arena players from the old data. :wink:

Yeah, I wasn’t sure how to read this old data. You are right - it makes more sense.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.