If you use [Illustrious Insight] for 100% Rank 5

How much gold do you usually charge?

50 [Artisan’s Mettle] = [Illustrious Insight]

5k Usally

Not many are willing to pay much more for em ;p

10-15k , depend from item

I calculate with 1.5k per mettle when offering ‘guaranteed 418/405’ internally for recrafting with my material until inspiration. never used insight as mettle is way too rare in my opinion., 50 mettle is 10 recrafts, with inspiration chance of ~40% …

1 Like

Yes but with recrafts you are spending extra money on the additional mats. And some mats are pretty expensive, even if they are “just” rank 2.
And 40% is still a lottery and you might end up spending way more on recrafts if you don’t get lucky enough

If we’re talking about crafting for others we can assum a lot of crafting? Insights are nice if you’re just want to craft for youself or friend, but with ~200 mettle per week, thats 4 crafts with insights.

And an insight is +30 skill, inspiration is much more in most cases (leatherworking: +70 or +104 depening on the recipe), so going down to t2 materials even on the first craft is much cheaper. Doing the math isn’t too difficult, and at least for me insight are just as waste, even when you would sell them cheaply (and don’t intend to do more then 4 crafts each week)

Nowadays none buy insight for guaranteed rank 5 unless is one of my jc clients that wants a 2nd or 3rd tool and dont wanna gamble 5 mettle per. 35k is an ok price for 50mettle on top of my craft fee because i can sell my mettle for 700-1500g each crafting r3 items with 10 mettle (lesser ones).
But based on ur skill and prof mettles are 700g-2000g.

Anyone using my artisan’s mettle (for Recrafts, or Illustrious Insight), I would change 1K per mettle.

So for Illustrious Insight I ask for 50K. Usually that’s too much, and usually they don’t accept (and that’s fine), so I wish them luck and end it at that. It happened only a couple of times.

The 50 mettle are enough for 10 recrafts. Also to get 418 guaranteed you need Rank 3 reagents. It is usually cheaper to recraft 4-5 times with T2 mats (and in most cases it’s less than 4-5, usually 1-3 attempts).

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.