If you want Blizz to change something

What does this thread need to do get some help or even a response?

6 Likes

Well, I hope you like mine. Never, once in my lifetime, have I had any indication that you did. Things I’ve suggested have been implemented, but they usually had some change to them that sort-of corrupted them slightly, in some cases breaking them.

But I mean… you promise? :3

“In some sense, quality is quantity” -Ion Hazzikostas.

I think he’s right, but not when it comes to game systems! Only content. And that’s the big lesson from BfA. It’ll be interesting to see if you heard that loud and clear. I hope so.

1 Like

:fire:

7 Likes

This is a tricky one. Another post a short while ago slightly touched on this, but to give a quite short summary: we are in the incredibly beneficial situation of getting a lot of suggestions, we love them all, and there is every effort to do them justice if it can be done.

Talking to everyone now: for various reasons not everything that can be envisioned can also be implemented (at least not quickly or exactly as pictured), but there are very few things that would never at least be considered. Keep the ideas coming, please - but do said ideas the favor of presenting them in a way that puts them into the best light and makes them as easily understandable as they can be. Creating a ton of threads mostly just serves to fragment the discussion, and at least some of the potential of the suggestions is almost certainly going to be lost in translation somewhere along the way.

To give a (somewhat shaky) analogy: think of this entire thing as a puzzle we all have come together to assemble as a cooperative effort. It really helps to know where all the pieces are to succeed in forming a cohesive picture in the end. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

What’s odd is that other Blues have said quite categorically that Forums posts are not the way to go with suggestions, but that you need to use the ingame suggestion system.

1 Like

Thanks Dottie for calling this out, and apologies for not underlining this more clearly: the ingame system is, by far, the best option to make suggestions for WoW. Not all of our games currently have such a system tho, and there are cases where community discussion is greatly valuable - for those it makes the most sense to try and focus the discussion into one place, as opposed to splintering it into a lot of places.

3 Likes

Sadly the article seems to have been about Classic rather than Retail, I don’t know if any action has been taken in Retail recently.

Waiting 3 hours as heal in LFR, I’ve had enough and turn it off.
After an hour the game should fill up with npc gamers, and let it go.
So many people frustrated about it, and it goes to delete the game.

Fair enough, and I get that and appreciate it. :slight_smile:

But one of the most memorable examples I can come up with was when I suggested PvP MMR inflation during a season for arena and RBG’s so you couldn’t instantly go to rank 1 and stop playing and others slowly got caught up on gear. With each new season it would reset back down.

Today this suggestion is actually in the game and appears to do its job. But originally you implemented it but forgot to reset it with a new season, causing ratings to spike to 3.6k and the ladder thinned out to nothing. It was near impossible to find matches.

I’m pretty sure I was one of the only people who suggested this, so I think that one was actually based on my suggestion, but it was horribly misread.

There are many other examples like it.

I also suggested that DR’s be added as a debuff to clear out the 5 second reset window problem. Instead you made the 5 second reset window more stable. You did one half of what I (and hundreds others by the way) suggested, but there is still no way to tell when a DR is applied or dropped in the UI. After 15 years of having DR’s. Why? I’ve never seen an answer.

I refer to this as “corrupt-a-wish”. Sometimes there’s a transparently logical reason for the change. In other cases the change makes absolutely no sense and can only have come about because the suggestion wasn’t read or understood.

And that’s assuming it’s even read at all. You and I both know you can’t read everything, and that’s fair, but that also means you’re going to miss some of these 25 paragraph threads with detailed explanations that are made. It’s much easier to tell when thousands of threads are saying the same thing, even if it is annoying. That’s just the way it works, logically. No offense on that one.

1 Like

It’s selective. First of all, our Blues are powerless. They aren’t developers, they are simply community managers. To some degree they can something do but because it’s not clear what their actual purpose is next to message board administration and customer supports.

Most of the users here simply don’t them seriously anymore. We don’t even know if our feedback reaches the US developers. We even don’t have US developers checking these boards. We’re 2nd rate at best when it comes to communication.

The only real benefit the EU forums have is that we know each other. We’re a village.

5 Likes

Hahahaha, I’m sure they still do.

I create threads and post here mostly in order to inspire US forum users though, so that my ideas can be spread upon US too by affecting them. They read eu you know…

Eu forum is still much better compared to US. There are too many trolls on US.

2 Likes

It’s very nice to see a Blue post interact within a thread like this. We know you guys are lurking, and some of us do try and proposals nicely in the hope they get noticed, but still, even when feedback from the fan base was asked, there have not been much or any further interaction.

Can’t say I have been around these forums very long, but three blue posts in a single topic, with actual interaction… woah, that’s cool to see. :slight_smile:

Thanks for that.

Tell that to the shareholders.

5 Likes

That’s another thing. I suggested merging EU and US for English speakers like 11 years ago. Still hasn’t happened.

I did get an answer: Because it would be unfair to the Germans and he French.

I mean… ???

Firstly there are French speakers and Spanish speakers in the Americas anyway, secondly … we’re playing the same game?

There’s another one: Feedback on new animations and the screen shaking. I was railing about the new feral combat sounds. They are AWFUL. Almost everyone agreed. Got in anyway. No response at all.

No responses at all. Even from players. It’s making people sick!

Since there is no Blizzcon i would like free ice-cream machine delivered to my house ty !

EXACTLY. are you saying the HOURS of work i put in over about 5~ months to get the raw data in the first post of my dead servers thread is not precise feedback with a finely honed point?

Finely honed point: a significant amount of servers are dead/dying, either for one faction or both.

you have seen the video where Ion says what he really thinks about EU players and our feedback right?

2 Likes

I once made the suggestion that Blizzard should add the Gryphon you rode when you’re dead in a flying zone, as a mount. And they did!
…And then they made it a reward through the Scroll of Resurrection program, which not all countries were eligible for. But I found a way around it. :smiling_imp:

Generally speaking, over the years I think I can point out a lot of things I’ve suggested and wished for on the forums, that have then gone on to happen. Mostly coincidence I’m sure, but a couple of times it’s probably also been good ideas that have been considered and subsequently implemented.

I recall making the suggestion to split gladiator titles by faction, and it was implemented a few months later, in the exact same detail I had written it.
It’s tempting to take credit, but it’s more likely coincidence that Blizzard were already working on it themselves, and so it’s probably more prediction than suggestion. Or great minds think alike. :grin:

I think with all the Shadowlands content rolling out these days, a lot of people probably think it’s their suggestions that are being implemented. True in some cases, but the sheer volume of content and changes Blizzard are producing, also means that people’s suggestions will coincidentally be aligned with Blizzard now and then. And sometimes they’ll be slightly off, and sometimes they’ll feel “corrupted”.

2 Likes

I have missed this video, could you tell me what to search for on YouTube? Seen so many of his “yada yada we hear you and understand that we have failed to deliver, we will do better from now on” too many times

Fingers crossed for MoP farm 2.0 and Proving grounds 2.0

1 Like

Thanks man!

It feels like a lost cause, but I’ll continue trying.

Want to play a melee spec soon :slight_smile: