If you were to end up on Azeroth for real, in which culture would you feel the most comfortable in, and in which one the least?

Let’s say that you would be teleported to Azeroth. Among which race would you prefer to live and why?

For me, I’d be most comfortable among the Goblins. They seem to be the most “post-modernist” and pragmatic race, and have a culture which is most similar to IRL.
As a bonus, I’m Hungarian and there are many similarities between city life in post-Communist countries and Goblin city life.
It’s not hard to encounter a shop assistant in IRL Hungary for example who barks at you “You break it, you buy it!”

A close second would be Nightborne. They also seem to be a culture with a very modern and pragmatic mentality, though a bit more fanciful and traditional. Their arcane-meets-quantum-mechanics sci-fi technology would provide me with lifelong fascination.

Third would be a tie between Dwarves, Gnomes, and Worgen, races to which I can also somewhat relate.

For me the worst would be the Forsaken and Draenei, their culture seems to be the most alien to IRL humanity.

Goblins or Gnomes. I’d say they’re the closest to IRL society (Moreso Goblins than Gnomes)

I’d say least, probably the Forsaken. They are literal walking corpses. The smell and everything else would be extremely unpleasant.

I’d be like planet of the apes, just try to get the hell off the world as quickly as possible. The place is insane.

That said, Troll most likely. I’m real big on ritual sacrifice and cannibalism. Indeed that is where I get most of my food.

Least comfortable would be Troll, for the same reason. Really wouldn’t want to wake up one day and find out your fellow Trolls think you offended some random Loa by sleeping on the wrong side of the tent or something.

2 Likes

Is this… IC or OOC? I am doing a concern

I assume it would be sin’dorei first.
Because they are highly intelligent and proud race, as well as noble and elegant one. I do like their view on politics overall when they put their homeland and lives of their people first. They push propaganda of self-improvement and study of unknown which speaks with my poor scholary soul

Second would be Humans.
Just because I would feel comfortable around someone who look like me with similar-ish society and culture.

I would feel the most uncomfortable with Orcs and Forsaken.

First because of their aggressive and competitive nature and second because they are literally walking corpses with a Lich King 2.0 as their leader.

Most comfortable, definetly either Tauren or Pandaren. I feel like their views and morals align most with mine irl, and I’d love to just spend a day in Thunder Bluff, and learn and talk to the Tauren. Same goes for Pandaren. Pandaria is a beautiful place.

Second would perhaps be humans or Night Elves. Night Elves are my favourite race, but I’m aware that they can be rather xenophobic, so I’m not sure if I’d feel too comfortable or accepted as I’m staying with them. I’d basically go around and worry if I should even be with them. Humans? I have major trust issues, humans tend to suck.

Least would be Forsaken. Don’t think I have to state why.

Most comfortable, Pandaren probably. I’m an outdoor person and have my own thoughts about balance in things. Perhaps Tauren or Night elves too for their respect for nature and life, but I’d like to know of the void from the Void elves as well should such a thing exist, so honestly I think I’d be comfortable around all Alliance races, except Dark Irons perhaps, and none on Horde except Tauren or Pandaren.

no doubt you can leave me behind in Mulgore. The spiritual Tauren and their whole society and beliefs to thrive from what the land gives, suits me well. as far as I can imagine, Pandaren and Trolls suits for me for the same reasons.

I guess my least comfortable would be a technical and easy-life culture, if I had to name one it’ll be Goblins…

Most at home with the ironforge dwarves and least at home with the forsaken

Culture of the Tauren.
10/10

Definitely among the High Elves of Quel’Thalas, or Nightborn of Suramar.

Long lifespans and youth
Highly educated soceities
Luxurious living, ever for the lower classes.
More open culture, less restrictive social norms.
MAGIC!

Granted; if you think logically about it in a quiet room; some of the fates you can suffer in the Warcraft universe make the worst of real life look like paradise, so I’d probably be trying to create some inter-dimensional portal across the multiverse to get back to earth A.S.A.P!

Even if you manage to live a peaceful life and die in bed, you’re still not safe!(Hint: Auchindoun)

The easy anwser is… humans. Because… well, I’m one, duh.

But if I had to choose one that isn’t the eqsy, obvious anwser, then blood elves.
Quite simply because their lore is what I’m most knowledgable about and it’s their l9re’s missing parts I’m the most interested in.

There’s so much we don’t kniw but could be exolored in the lore.
We know titles, but not their full roles in society. We know fractions of their military but nothing about how the lower ranks of military work. For example, what’s with the normal footsoldiers? Are they rangers too, just using sword and shield instead of bows? Or do the spellbreakers fill that role?

And are magisters and magistrixes considered the nobility? Or is it a combination of them and high ranking rangers and blood knights?

All these little nuiances, I’d really love to learn about. So defo blood elves.

Draenei, we could use the dimensional ships to get me back here :slight_smile:

Excluding humans because that would be the boring answer I think I’d feel most at home among (Wildhammer and Ironforge) Dwarves. They seem enjoy kicking back and relaxing and enjoying the finer things in life. They do still mostly respect nature and aren’t as heavily industrialized as Gnomes, Goblins and Dark Iron Dwarves. Furthermore I get the feeling that their society isn’t as much ordered in castes or social classes as many others are, like the Blood Elves and Highborne. Unlike Orcs and Trolls, violence doesn’t seem to play as bit a part in their society so that’s good as well.

I would feel least at home among the Forsaken for obvious reasons so I’ll leave those out. That leaves Draenei and Goblins as the two other least comfortable societies for me. Draenei live for thousands of years and they are absolutely alien to me. I would worry constantly that I would have literally no way to connect with a Draenei. Even though they seem good-natured and kind I think I’d feel lonely with no-one to relate to among Draenei. The hypercapitalism of Goblin society. Yeah. Not a good fit for me.

Ironforge dwarves since they are just simple people who enjoy some bad laughs and good brew or Steamwheedle goblins since they seem to be the “nicer” goblins who don’t completely destroy the world and life in Booty Bay or Ratchet seems pretty laid back and chill.

Bilgewater goblins I wouldn’t get on with since you would either get swindled or enslaved by them in most cases and I wouldn’t get on with the Forsaken that well since well they tend to use humans as test subjects or just kill them.

Most comfortable? Either Sin’dorei or Humans as they’re somewhat the closest representations of real life.

Least comfortable? Forsaken, for obvious reasons. I mean, just imagine people coming back to life IRL with all their rotty corpses and skeletons poking out of half decayed skin, roaming the streets… just, no.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.