Ilvl before buying Shadowlands

Hello,
I can’t afford the new expansion right now, but still want to gear up. Is there any sense to maximize ilvl on bfa? If the answer will be yes, what ilvl should i reach for? Or maybe gearing up on bfa is useless and i need to wait for buying Shadowlands?

Ty for all answers

There’s very little point in gearing up in BfA. The Shadowlands campaign questchain will give you enough gear to get through it just fine, even if you start with leveling greens straight out of BfA. The difference between leveling with ilevel 70 and ilevel 110 is negligible. You may be able to queue for dungeons sooner, but… that’s about it.

2 Likes

There’s very little point in gearing up in BfA to speed your Shadowlands levelling.

Of course, depending how long you’re waiting, having ilevel 100 rather than ilevel 70 will make your life easier for whatever it is you do until then. However, above Heroic dungeons, it will probably not be easy to get groups, and the difference in power now between ilevel 70 and ilevel 110 is nothing like the difference in power between starter and end-hame gear when BfA was live. Blizzard always squish down the power of the top gear when an expansion is over.

So I’d say do your Emissaries and grab what ilevel 100 gear they offer. Maybe try some battlegrounds.

Other things you can do while you’re waiting that you will be glad of in the longer term will include farming transmog from old dungeons and raids, farming gold, and collecting mounts and titles.

People often say “The true end-game of WoW is collecting” and you can do that almost as well at 50 as you can at 60

P.S. Oh Duh! I forgot to mention the #1 activity to do while waiting: level some alts of different classes and races!

1 Like

Thank you, your advices will help me for sure. Greetings to you guys!

1 Like

If you are afraid of being a bit weakish for SL leveling, then (depending on armor slots) you can opt to level an SL profession and outfit yourself with some gear before heading out to the main zones. Mats’ prices have dropped to relatively cheap levels by now (shrouded cloth is ~1g 30s/pcs on my server for instance, but the most basic leather and ores aren’t bad either). Still, you should be fine on freshly leveled toons, my hunter in ilvl 60 suffers here and there on MM but I can always swap to BM if the situation demands it.

The intro area is designed to be easy and you should hit 51 when you leave, then go back to stormwind and buy green BoEs from SL professions to get to 100 for a few gold in most cases.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.