I'm a grown-a** man, but a quest made me cry

It’s the quest chain where Korgan is slowly losing energy and becomes senile before shutting down. Both my parents are alive and in good health, but this really made me think about what it would be like to take care of them when it eventually happens to them.

Being the eldest son and most well off, all the responsibility for keeping the family together would fall to me. It also made me think about making good memories with them before they go.

I sure as hell wasn’t expecting all this in the middle of smashing kobolds ffs.

8 Likes

Which quest chain is that specifically? I don’t know if I played through it.

That was indeed a tough one. Alas, it should have been voice acted like the Runas quest line.

4 Likes

Did this quest yesterday. It was indeed quite sad, but also kinda bright, leaving this bittersweet feeling.
The experience was soured a bit for me by his assistant lass, who just couldn’t shut up about herself. But otherwise that quest chain was very well done.

1 Like

It was the best sidequest story, so well written and emotional

1 Like

It was definitely bittersweet in the same way as that one quest in Dragonflight involving the lonely dragon contemplating how much had changed and been lost over the many centuries since the Dragon Isles had been abandoned.

I hope to see more of that sort of mature storytelling in the future, not just in side quests but in the main quests as well.

1 Like

I didn’t get a sour taste from that. She has to go on.

She had this line at the end, and my immediate thought was that it was unlikely to have been written by a young person, but by someone who had felt it:

Before, I told you I had mostly assumed Korgran’s directives. But now I see that is not true.

Urtago says: I did the work but never bore the burden. That was Korgran. I thought his strength was part of his directive. But now I know it is something I must learn.

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: for that questline, and its companion with Brennok and Haimaz in The Ringing Deeps.

1 Like