I'm a newbie and I feel so bad at playing wow and I want to be better

Thank you for your reply, it sure helps me not giving up. :smiley: . I think I will try to pick up a few new things to begin with as you say. Everything seems so complicated, because there is so much info out there, and it’s hard to know where to start.

You should also check guides and youtube videos explaining your class’ rotation, how to perform in pvp or pve, understand your stat priority and your role in specific scenarios involving dungeons, raiding and PvPing.

thank you! :smiley: what server are you at?

I’m new to the game too and what helped me a lot is using addons (weak auras, deadly boss mode for pve etc) and reading guides. The base user interface is so bad that you hardly realise what’s going on as a new player.

Watch up guides on wowhead, youtube, icyveins etc on how boss mechanics work in each dungeon and use addons which help you to realise when a mechanic is happening.

1 Like

Maybe a weird question but what is that and where can I find it?

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/beast-mastery-hunter-pve-dps-easy-mode

You can start with this I guess (based on your current spec, if you want to play a different spec that site has guides for those too)

Op, I would look at joining a community such as; under the communities part of this website, they are a lovely bunch of folks and it might be just what you need encouragement with in part.

(Alliance) Scared of Dungeons EU EN - Recruitment / Communities Recruitment - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

3 Likes

First of all, welcome back to Azeroth. Will agree with the others that suggested Wowhead, icy veins (although the guides are written by the same people) YouTube, etc.
I have some level 50 alts parked in Shadowlands so will be happy to team up with you if you like. Most of all, have fun!

Edit- Eshaal has got it spot on with Scared of dungeons community- great bunch of people and I’m glad I joined them

1 Like

A good place to start would be Icy Veins, they have sections for “Easy Mode” which is an intorduction but then they have more detailed sections for when you start to do more complicated stuff.,
Rather than using the Random Dungeon Finder, use the Premade Groups and create ones with titles like “Learner Tank doing X Y Z”,
Look at the Communities threads, these are like Guilds but slightly less formal. There are ones like Fail Train or Scard of Dungeons which are for people who wish to go at a slower pace in a friendlier atmosphere, for many reasons.

2 Likes

Start with Icy Veins for PvE.

Set your character up the “standard way”. Easiest way to get started.

Make sure you use keybindings. Move from from 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 + ’ (or whatever) to Q E F R T G < Z X C V 1 2 3 4 5 and shift modifiers of those so they are easy to reach. Move with W A S D.

Now you’ve got a good start. Your character will control reasonably well and easily and you know how to make an effective character fundamentally.

GL HF

1 Like

I’m on Tarren Mill :grinning:

Also don’t forget your mouse usually has side buttons and a roller button. I use my roller for interrupts.

I can be your obi wan. Please send your cv (with photos) and motivational letter to nivmie@gmail.gov.com

doode what is this transmog

It’s the seasonal transmog. I’ll use it for a few days. Chinese new year’s.

Well if you reallly struggle that much I can teach you basics and stuff more if you also play on the doomhammer or turalyon servers you can add me pufino-doomhammer always happu to help a new player.

I’d advice watch better players playing your class via Twitch or YouTube. You could watch guides but strongly suggest to watch gameplays.
(If you loathe that side of the community just remember you’re there simply to learn tricks from the best).

You should try to play your class, which is a pretty obvious thing to do. Read your toolkit and try builds playing your key if you’re interested in M+.
Especially in raids, you can install DMG Meters and compare your dmg with other players playing your spec, you should inspect their gear and legendary effects.

Getting better is a constant work you should do, try to set a goal and learn from your mistakes while you’re trying to achieve what you want.
Can be hard to realize missplays, however if players are giving you feedback (even if sometime in a rude way) you can always gather information and question yourself what you could have done differently in said situation.

That’s literally impossible. I played WoW when I was 11 in 2005. I am now (nearly) 27. So you would be minimum 9.

I’m sorry but it bothered me. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

plenty of guilds out there that do not require any experience, just being a decent human being =)
If you’re on emerald dream / terenas feel free to message me if you want.

for learning your class i suggest checking some guides on icyveins or even youtube, some go very indepth, others are more “nooby friendly” :slight_smile:
I myself cam back in legion and had to learn everything back after a several year break.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.