I'm a Sub Rogue with bad dps but good gear

Hi there guys.

So I really really need some tips on how to improve my dps with sub.

I’ve been following video guides, Icy veins, specced talents into the right slots.
My gear is 385.

I’m going with the talents suggested on icy veins, and ive tried adjusting them to get the dps up, but no difference.

Cleared BoD Normal and 2 heroic bosses and every fight finishes with me averaging from 12k-14k dps… on 8-12th place (Grong HC last night).
WHY???!
Is it the sub spec that just plainly sucks balls? Or is it me?

My rotation goes like this:

1. Open with Shadowblades
  2. Shadowstrike
  3. Nightblade
  4. Shadow dance
  5. Symbol of death
  6. Shadowstrike to 5-6 combo points
  7. Eviscerate.
  8. Repeat with shadowdance/building combo points to evis.

I should be top dps with my gear, and I’m starting to give up on the rogue. Been perfecting my rotation on dummies.

My dps starts off at 18-20k, then when I start “normalizing” after shadow blades are away, im gimped with backstabs, making my dps drop to 11-12k (sometimes under 10k if theres a lot of mechanics).

Is shadow dance supposed to be up 24/7? I can only keep it up until mechanics forces me to change target and “restart”

Your gear is not good.
Your TD trinket is pretty much worthless, the only worth it has is the gem slot which you haven’t used.
You’re missing an enchant on MH
Wrong enchant on OH
Bad enchant on Ring 1
No enchant on ring 2

You sim to 13.7K DPS on light movement and no buffs ect. so you’re decently close with your actual DPS,
The errors you make in your rotation.
You refresh NB during SoD which is a no no… you want to Evis to get some juicy hits in.
You’re missing a few SoD casts which is a DPS loss.
You’re not using vanish at all.
You’re not using flask, food or prepot.

Overall you’re doing ok gameplay wise. A few things here and there, but not super major.
But you’re not prepared to raid, you missing enchants, food, flasks and so on … you can’t expect to beat people who come prepared without doing it yourself.

EDIT:
Would highly recommend to check out wow analyzer
wowanalyzer (dot) com/character/EU/Ravencrest/R%C3%B3zzy/

1 Like

Didnt know about wow analyzer!
Ive been switching gear super fast the past day so i havent had time to get the right gems and enchant.

My rings are 355-360 and a bad trinket. so gear should be the problem as well.

I was playing as sub on my rogue until recently. The removal of shuriken combo really made it feel really under powered especially in m+ content. The best advice I can give you is try playing outlaw (which I have now swapped to). It is super strong right now especially in m+, the aoe damage is CRAZY, and the single target dps is really good too. I hope blizzard re-balances sub as I quite liked the play style, but it has to be competitive.

Theres no way to have decent dps with sub these days?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.