I'm supposed to accept this?

I’m just not accepting it. How dare they remove us from Kalimdor, put us on this new little isolated island. I won’t stand for it. The gall on Blizzard to do what they did to us and then relocate us. I’m staying in Kalimdor you’re not taking my land, you’ll have to pry the clay of Kalimdor from my cold dead hands. YOU’RE NOT REMOVING ME AND MY PEOPLE FROM OUR ANCESTRAL HOMELANDS YOU DISGUSTING PRICKS YOU, YOU GREENSKIN, UNDEAD, GENOCIDING APOLOGISTS. I’M NOT LEAVING. I’M NOT LEAVING I’M NOT LEAVING. YOU CAN’T MAKE ME. THE DAY I LEAVE KALIMDOR IS THE DAY WHEN YOU BANISH MY WISP FORM FROM EXISTENCE. YOU HEAR THAT. I’M NOT LEAVING!!!

Sorry, I’ve just been so upset since learning about it, I had to release my anger somewhere.

5 Likes

Its a questionable choice, however your reaction is a bit over the top, like you believe you’re actually a Night Elf.

I hope they do a questline that calls the Cenarion Circle, Ysera and Merithra to use druidic magic to guide the tree to “sprout” into the old stump of Teldrassil.

2 Likes

that continent’s red now baby finally the sin’dorei exile has been avenged and the hypcrocity of stormrage as well exiling us while taking back the highborne :wink:

actually jokes aside i find it funny that people was like well the night elves just moved to mount hjyal like the neutral to the point of thanking the horde for killing them druids would let you do that :smiley:

1 Like

Well, it seems Kalimdor belongs to the Horde after all. Maybe they have Darkshore but it seems quite useless after all what Forsaken and Goblins did to this place. And yes, YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT THIS. PACK YOUR BAGS AND MOVE TO DRAGON ISLES.

1 Like

I’m just not accepting it. How dare they remove us from Kalimdor, put us on this new little isolated island. I won’t stand for it. The gall on Blizzard to do what they did to us and then relocate us. I’m staying in Kalimdor you’re not taking my land, you’ll have to pry the clay of Kalimdor from my cold dead hands. YOU’RE NOT REMOVING ME AND MY PEOPLE FROM OUR ANCESTRAL HOMELANDS YOU DISGUSTING PRICKS YOU, YOU GREENSKIN, UNDEAD, GENOCIDING APOLOGISTS. I’M NOT LEAVING. I’M NOT LEAVING I’M NOT LEAVING. YOU CAN’T MAKE ME. THE DAY I LEAVE KALIMDOR IS THE DAY WHEN YOU BANISH MY WISP FORM FROM EXISTENCE. YOU HEAR THAT. I’M NOT LEAVING!!!

1 Like

Tbh makes sense, move on x’D

its kinda funny that your posting that on a blood elf and not a night elf ':stuck_out_tongue:

There is a new world tree and a new place for the night elves to call home, yes. But no one is saying that night elf territory on Kalimdor will be diminished. Not one bit. The night elves also had plenty of land while Teldrassil was still there. A people is more than just its supposed capital.

I’m not a fan of the relocation of the placement of Amirdrassil, either. Frankly I would have much preferred a revamp of the Nordrassil zone or Amirdrassil being located on ancestral Kaldorei land. But this is what we got.

There is also something to be said about the Kaldorei and their ties to the Dragonflights. Amirdrassil being placed on the Dragon Isles effectively means that if anyone ever messes with the Kaldorei again they will also be messing with the dragons themselves.

I’m just happy that the horrible, horrible, hoooorrible Teldrassil arc is finally over.

From magic supercatapults to the embodyment of Elune’s impotent rage that sputters right when it could do something, to farming souls in the Maw, to tying Elune to Ardenweald and to give her an interdimensional cult, to putting Night Elves in all the evil cults of Dragonflight, to that unrelatabe theme of forgiveness and renewal after genocide… I’ll miss that story about as much as I miss Sylvanas.

I suppose right now the best we can do is appreciate what we get in 10.2.5 and not try to paint too bleak a picture. The emergence of Amirdrassil does not equal a complete exodus of the night elves from Kalimdor even though I totally get the frustration. We are already looking ahead to the reclaming of Gilneas which was completely unexpected. So who knows what awaits down the road.

But I’m 100% in agreement with frustrations about the way this story arc was written and executed. It was nothing but cheap shock value at the expense of a unique and beloved race in order to generate ‘engagement’. If Danuser has quit the team of has become otherwise engaged far away from any position of real influence on the story then I would be hugely relieved and maybe even hopeful.

Unless they (aspects) will be washing their hairs that day

You under estimate blizzard hate for Night Elfs

Believe me, I’m just as frustrated as everybody else. :stuck_out_tongue: I absolutely hated everything that happened since the War of Thorns and I would rather leave a race ignored and outdated than see it subject to such a narrative disaster.
But it’s no use digging ourselves into a depressive hole on negative assumptions either when nothing about a Kaldorei exodus has been mentioned or even hinted at anywhere.
But that said people should definitely still voice concern. Considering Blizzard’s narrative track record it’s completely justified.

Tbh i’m a little disappointed Teldrassil wasn’t rejuvenated somehow. The whole point of Ardenweald was to show the great cycle of life. Where life is reborn from death and that hope can spring anew from tragedy.
What better way to represent this than by having Teldrassil recover with the help of the Elune/Winter queen blessed seed Tyrande brought back from the realm of death. I mean it’s not like Nordrassil died for good after it got napalmed by Archimonde’s deathplosion either during wc3. Would of been a nice homage too.
With how the war of thorns ended I thought they would eventually do this along with an updated Darnassus. But alas, it seems like it was not meant to be…

On the other hand, it does makes me think we are not yet done with Teldrassil’s burnt-out husk. Since it seems odd to just ignore it moving forward.

Still feels like a missed opportunity though whichever way I look at it.

Teldrassil was just the symbol of night elf corruption their feverent desire to get back their immortality it does not symbolize rebirth but endless greed i’m glad they didn’t use their seed of new beginning to revive stagheim’s tree pretty much every world tree but nordrassil was a failure anyway

i mean just look at the new flame druids that learned nothing from stagheim’s fall from grace they are still trying to get back their precious immortality

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.