Imagine recycling older content

Exactly, not to mention it is lot easier to update older content to be relevant, until new content is released and ready.

1 Like

Although I to would like to take a patch off if there is no KSM mount to collect. However, I suspect Blizzard will be want to keep as many players in the game as possible during this forthcoming content drought, by adding time locked collectables, likes a KSM Mount.

Yes, and if it is enough to keep us occupied whilst they work on something new and amazing in the background, I am absolutely fine with that. If it just turns out that they are making another Shadowlands, then it is okay to rage.

I could argue that “recycling this, recycling that” but it’s a lot of effort to make new content. Really a lot.

This helps with content drought (spamming the same 8 or 10 dungeons for 2 years gets most of us bored) and revives nostalgia within players, rekindling their love for an (otherwise mostly) good game. :slightly_smiling_face:

tbh, they dont revive nostalgia with me by the content they chose to recycle nor does it rekindle any love and at this point i had rather spammed the same dungeons for a fourth season and have some more activities added to zm to make the zone actually worth while, having them build them up on somewhat current stuff that they already have.

imo old content is, well, old. been there, done that, got the t shirt. i have next to no desire to revisit it as current content. the thought alone makes me want to unsub tbh.

different folks, different strokes i guess.

2 Likes

You’re still going to run out at some point. Also, if you’re rotating for the sake of having “something to do”, then this isn’t even about the specific dungeons or piece of content itself.

And there’s the kicker: They could make you scale to the level of the content.

That’s exactly what FFXIV does and it makes it so that none of the content is ever truly out of date.

People to this day are running older dungeons.

Just because you can complete a piece of content doesn’t mean that a dungeon should not have replayability.

…They’d feel great? I don’t see how that possibly could be a bad thing.

Even more so when none of the content becomes outdated as they progress through the game.

Exactly, that’s precisely why you should be scaling to content’s level; So that people can experience anything, at any time.

This post gives me hope. There is also no datamined KSM mount or achievements so far.

It was GLORIOUS!

Everyone “Oh they made MC a timewalking raid? This will be a faceroll!”
Trash “oh hohohoho… we’re gonna make them cry…”
Smouldering Core Hound trash “Make them cry? pffsh amateurs, we’ll make them quit”

1 Like

Blizz will never do something right 100%. The community is heterogeneous with different wishes and needs. So it really is not that hard to understand some people would call it recycling and complain.

Some of the other fun bugs included queuing up for a long time to be put into a completed instance with all bosses dead, the only option was to leave and that gave you deserter buff.

What is wrong with that?
i’d love to have a bunch of dungeons to do as M+. Also if they make all dungeons as TW will be great. GW2 and FF14 show that scaling is the way to make the content not dead and i support it.

1 Like

I still remember fondly the bedlam that ensured when the raid was crossing the bridge and the tank pulled the huge rock golem boss (the one with the two dogs) which proceeded to tear up the passages to get to us.

Kindly dragging every bit of trash with him.

Anyways, Ive been very busy today so haven’t really clued up on this thread, are Blizzard making old content dungeons into miffic or something?

Won’t matter to me in the slightest if it is.

You need to read this announcement.

They are replacing our regular dungeons with a delightful choice (mostly by Blizz) of older dungeons from various expansions. They are also trying to make all the raids from this expansion relevant again.

They are allowing people to vote on the two WoD dungeons, which has also had comical results

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/poll-pick-two-dungeons/347922/3

You’re assuming the people asking are the same complaining.
I don’t think that’s true for the most part.

1 Like

Ahh.
Mythic.
That’s a hard pass from me lol, I won’t touch mythic with a bargepole.

2 Likes

I only hope that 9.2.5 m+ dungeons wont use scalings… or it will be horrible.

news flash you can do both - make new content and bring back old content in a lot of scenarios

No, it’s the usual Vocal minority jerks. They constantly seek validation in their requests. They are insufferable in general.

Wrong, there is nothing good feeling about not one shotting something you killed years ago in current times.

9.2.5 is, I guess, what could be called a “bottle episode” patch. 10.0 is a long way off and Blizz don’t have the resources to focus on both the next expack and additional SL content. Season 4 is where either 9.3 or 10.0 should be, but as one has been cancelled and the other delayed, we’re left with a cheap recycled content x.x.5 patch instead.

Complaints from players are imho justified because this is a mess entirely of Blizz’s own making. However, that doesn’t mean there’s anything to be done about it rn. The WoW team is trying to implement big changes to working practices, recruit a lot of new staff and bring them up-to-speed, and also adjust to the future under MS. There’s a lot for them to deal with beyond the actual work of doing their jobs to deliver new content.

Yeah, that was pretty naïve. They obviously forgot about the whole Boaty McBoatface thing.

1 Like

I have no problem with re-using some old content, it’s about how much.
Legion used the old world a lot in the quests to get our Artifacts and this worked well. I liked the new Naxx but it’s a shame they removed the old one.
They oculd have done a better job with using some old dead characters in Shadowlands but they didn’t.