[ Important? ] Building a better AD

Hey there, one of the TRP devs here. I found out about this post after looking up why we got those questions about parental controls and trial accounts, so I’ll quickly chime in, mostly to repeat what I said in response to the questions.

Right now from the addon, we can’t check all of the parental controls settings, we can only see if the shop or voice chat has been disabled. We have the mature filter as a potential barrier from profiles with improper content, but it was established as an opt-in as the first implementation of the filter was flawed, and was never switched afterwards.

We don’t really want to shut down the addon for all trial players just because a portion of them are bad apples, and we don’t have a way to do so properly anyway. Whatever we would do to lock them from using the addon could easily be bypassed as you cannot check if another player is on a trial account.

We know that they are taking action based on reports for harassment (assuming they’re done through the appropriate support page that we link when you click on our report button, and not just through a simple in-game ticket). Unfortunately, we’ve seen instances where a GM would say erotic content in addons is fine as long as it’s not targeted or pedophilia, and we haven’t been able to get a straight official answer one way or the other…

Right, took me a while to find but this was the actual response from a thread about Goldshire on september 19 last year.

1 Like