[ Important? ] Building a better AD

I think this is a pretty good idea - Twitter is like the most effective Blizzard feedback tool

I’ve tweeted something out (@rotgarde if you wanna peep it)

13 Likes

And tweeted I have:

https://twitter.com/BigNiceDK/status/1282335954032877573
https://twitter.com/BigNiceDK/status/1282337022590562306

9 Likes

https://twitter.com/medurb1/status/1282338774886821888
Me hope dis help!

8 Likes

As embarrassing as Goldshire and explicit profiles are, I’d much rather they were loud and visible than cleverly hidden within a system that makes them hard to avoid. The more gated you make something, the more barriers you put up, the more they’ll be within our own communities. Hiding. Scouting. You’ll be roleplaying with them. :slight_smile:

I think they should be banned from the World of Warcraft instead

15 Likes

I think a lot of it is perceived acceptance. If Goldshire with its explicit profiles is allowed to remain, it can be easily viewed by someone as an acceptable action. You’ll see mimicry with the explicit descriptions of orbs, but also links to certain nsfw websites. Whereas, if Goldshire mob was actively getting nuked with appropriate bans, I believe we would also see a lot of people shift their thinking.

Similar to how in 2014 most guilds would have “Do your ERP in private” in their guild rules, these days a specific “No ERP” rule is a lot more common.

Granted there’s still outliers, but that’s why we want a better Argent Dawn, right?

14 Likes

Stop encouraging inadvertent tolerance for bad acts.

4 Likes

Or Blizzard could stop beating around the bush and ban them. We don’t have to accept something bad.

The time to act is always now.

3 Likes

Just a small tweet I made after attempting to RP in Nighthold with my blood elven guildies (:wave: HBM :wave:). But the phasing screwed it up. Some blood elves were within the non-hostile phase, some were not for no reason et cetera.

After some thinking, we split the raid into party groups with Nightborne as leads and tried party syncing. However, when we activated party sync function we still remained phased.

The whole area is terrible to organize any RP in, despite being a very pretty zone. :anger:

15 Likes

The problem with that is they are both. I do get your point though. What scares me more are the non-obvious ones. They don’t have a chase-lustful bar, they don’t have any explicit content in their TRP profiles, they don’t have anything suggestive in any way, shape or form. Then you roleplay with them because why not and quickly notice their only goal is ERP. So I sort of agree that it’s good some are downright that obvious but it still is absolutely weird and should be banned. Blizzard would have to step in here. Oh boy if they only wouldn’t have fired 800 community employees

1 Like

Of course banning them is better, but could they? It’s an addon exploit, and I can see that being banned outright instead, making us all suffer. It should be a full ban of these people and nothing else, or we WILL get those sneaky ones that pollute the community without our direct notice.

Edit: A ban won’t even solve the problem, and it’s naive to think so. The word will spread and they’ll adjust.

Blizzard has full access to addon logs so yeah sure

So you’re saying “don’t ban anyone ever because there are ways around a ban” or what

I think it’s fairly naive to think a bans etc wouldn’t have any impact and comes off as concern trolling. NooOooOoo don’t enforce the game’s rules, it won’t work for these nebulous reasons …!

As opposed to people just doing overt public ERP

8 Likes

Tell me one instance where banning/making something illegal something doesn’t result in secret societies that are almost impossible to police. :slight_smile:

This is far from the same, of course, and no where near as dangerous, but yes! You are very naive. What else can be done? I don’t have the answer to that. All I know is that I would much rather know who they are and where, than to enjoy roleplay with someone for months only 0m find out that their character has a futa prick.

I’d rather ERPers be ashamed and doing their stuff in secret, afraid of ban / public shunning than openly spreading their vile view of RP in public with people forced to turn a blind eye to them.

3 Likes

Sadly that will never happen… They will find ways to do it :c It’s always the same when it comes to topics of a sexual nature. People will find a way to satisfy one of their most powerful and basic instincts.

…in their favourite universe.

Ultimately, I refer you to my initial response to you.

1 Like

I think there’s a very vocal group publicly shaming it, so it’s hardly accepted in the open. Most guilds have a “no erp” rule too, so it’s no secret that it’s not welcome. Not to anyone. I don’t know what would be the ideal solution tbh… A filter maybe that auto ignores people? I know it was suggested already, I think.

Their thinking won’t shift, let me tell you. The opinion of random nerds on the internet will mean WAY less than the ability to w*nk.

The idea is that THEY get removed. Banned. If they get caught, they eat a ban, simple as that.

But the more powerful impact of that is that the people who are not part of the ERPers, nor the vocal groups publicly shaming it. That they would see that ERP tends to get punished, so they’re more likely to NOT do it, and get their rocks off on more appropriate sites.

3 Likes

I don’t know… Maybe? WoW is so popular that I can’t imagine they would WANT to go anywhere else. OH! Private servers…

So you’re unironically just against anything being illegal because that makes it “impossible to police”

I don’t think this is a reasonable argument to make at all lol

In the case of World of Warcraft, though: Blizzard have access to logs of every interaction on their platform. They can police anything pretty easily

It’s not an "either / or " in this case and I’m sure you’re aware of that. People secretly cybering is unfortunately common even now and is something that will happen regardless of if Blizzard begins to look into the more overt stuff more harshly

You’re conflating these things in a way that isn’t really based in reality

5 Likes