[ Important? ] Building a better AD

I am not so sure. The thing is, Goldshire and the Bazaar have also managed to become what they are due to convenience. They are easy to reach. You make a starter character, walk a few paces, and boom, you’re there. They’re also closeby/inside their capital. I think that only the diehards would go someplace else and the rest would probably not bother with it anymore. ( however small that part may be).

And they may try and take over other places, but I think it’ll be easier to stop them from doing that if they’re scattered.

Finding them wouldnt be too much of an issue. And organizing an event or populating the place with some casual RP can be arranged with willing people.

They will - but what can you do? Raid and harass them so they never come back to the server? Demonstrate outside the locations?

@Ferumlac Thanks very insightful!

One day we will have a WoD situation again. With every year passing, more and more people leave WoW because of imbalance or getting too grindy and other reasons.

One day, the roleplayers will be the only people remaining because everyone else left. Just like in WoD.

Imagine the only ressource of money being the roleplayers on Argent Dawn. Suddenly we would see a lot of catering towards us. Just like Blizzard is doing now with the PvP and PvE people. Just needs time until they realise others will leave their game, but we stay because our content is pretty much infinite.

I don’t think few thousand people would be enough to sustain WoW.

Lol at seeing my name in blue text.

@Perroy thanks for setting up that handle. If I can get some of my “one man act draw-in” stuff going on as I mentioned earlier in the thread in the public spaces if I get any positive stuff I can send that over. It may help reinforce the image that it’s totally okay for OOC players to interact with us in an IC manner if only for 5 minutes, it’s not some “wierd and foreign” concept and doesn’t have to be us and them.

I’ve done this before a while back by acting as a vendor who was selling extremely cheap food and flasks on a Tuesday evening (before dat reset) and all I asked was that people approach and ask for requests IC
or “haggle” with me IC (I whisped them if they tried to bypass this) . Those who haggled IC more got them even cheaper still. Got very little abuse and decent uptake (my stocks basically cleared), something like that might be cool, I’m a stickler for these little sideshows pop up stall type stuff that aims to promote small scale, non committal and safe RP, but with in game benefit.

I may try and set something like that up again on the regular, maybe with rotations as to wares (ie flasks one day, pots another, herbs, food etc) because if there’s one thing I have a lot of its chars sitting on tons of mats and I don’t care about max profit as I do all my own crafting anyway. If I get it up and running I’ll post such, as mentioned in other threads it’s largely lack of regular access to a machine ATM since my regular one needs repairs and I can’t get it repaired where I am due to lockdown.

3 Likes

Then don’t.

6 Likes

I’m not playing on the german RP realm but from what I heard from friends and people who migrated to AD it’s pretty barren over there. Take the supposed “horde bubble rp” we have on AD and crank it up tenfold. People there are really not looking to let you into their guild or rp unless you apply for it. Some guilds even ask you not to approach them when they’re in rp, even if it is in the middle of Stormwind. Oh, and Goldshire is also present there. (Who would’ve thought). Over there it is even worse than on AD. Not in numbers, but what type of profiles you can see there. If you got a german speaking friend go ask them to go there and screen some profiles. It’s disgusting what you can see there.

Again, speaking of all what I heard from several people and not my own experience. If there’s barely any rp I dont see why I’d spend levelling a character there.

2 Likes

I’m not from Germany but I’m pretty good in the German language. I think I’ll check it out for you guys.

Anyways, should I feel upset about the fact that people in the General subforum openly acknowledge that they don’t care for AD’s RP as long as we’re their personal zoo they can watch from afar?

Never ever mention that accursed place again. I was there for a year.

• The roleplay scene there is about GoT level. Noble houses are pretty much the only thing that exists, along with humans.

• Headcanon is a huge thing there. For example I went to the Grove in Duskwood and met a feral worgen pack who had the Grove occupied. They attacked me and told me (in common) they own the place and that I leave the place.

• Using the scan on Stormwind is about using the scan in Feralas at 5 AM. You will see maybe 5 dots. All day.

• Low magic everywhere and if you use it, you get told off.

• Goldshire exists but… there are maybe 4 people there, daily.

The entire german realm is dead because of

Pretty much this.

I once applied to a guild and wanted to be a courier, my character was a gnome mage. They told me to not use my characters teleportation abilities because “we don’t roleplay that stuff”. Big yikes. That place should be purged.

1 Like

Please tell me they use German-sounding names as well there, like Björn, Detlef and so on.

Björn is a norwegian name though. But yes, they do.

The german version of WoW has all names translated so of course they use german names such as Thomas and so forth.

Oh, this brings back so many memories of my time spent on Die Aldor. Cataclysm was the peak for pack RP on that realm LOL, you should have seen Duskwood. One paladin order after another tried to purge those Worgen Pack RPers.

But yes, the server is way less populated than AD, hence why I moved here 2 years ago. Never regretted my choice. \o/

I remember this. End me for remembering this right now.

I remember. I quit several times because of how boring it was there. Came to AD several years ago and never quit WoW since then.

1 Like

Oh yeah. Just to drop it here, two friends of mine went to check out Goldshire a few weeks back and there was a profile with the age: “About ten summers” in the middle of the inn. Yeah, nah, screw that.

Good to hear another person who was there and can give me all the feedback though. I met a dude in a random BG who was in a dwarf guild on the german rp realm and he told me it was pretty nice there. But then listed all these red flags, still insisting that “You should check it out its really great here”.

Yeah thanks I pass on that :joy:

1 Like

The only people who play there can’t immigrate to AD because they are too lazy to learn English.

1 Like

My thought too. It really isn’t a great place there, and it surprised me a lot that the Goldshire situation is the same, if not worse over there. Somebody should sacrifice themselves and watch what’s going on in there over the course of multiple days and report it all.

2 Likes

Very very grim but I’ve seen basically the same thing on AD many times also

Sad to hear that the german RP server is so clapped, all the more reason that we have to grind to keep AD a strong RP community

3 Likes

I am very tempted to make a character and just check things out there atm because a lot of the things you hear about that realm just sound very unreal and overexaggerated. But then again many many report those kind of things, so there has to be some sort of truth. If only reporting those profiles and people would do a thing. Maybe Blizzard is quicker to reply and take action over there because of the lack of playerbase.

I will grab my directional microhpone and my radiation protection suit. Time to dig deeper.
shudders