[ Important? ] Building a better AD

Please move your drama elsewhere, this isn’t the right place

Perroy is the one with Drama, he has stolen my love toward many people, turned many people against, me. He makes me, look as the Bad man. But I am not the Bad man. I am a good person truly.

Then bring it up in a separate thread? Your stuff has nothing to so with the topic we’re discussing in this thread. The drama between you and Perroy has nothing to do with making AD a better place.

3 Likes

Put the obvious trollposter on ignore, report it and let’s continue the normal discussion! :smiley:

I admire that you tried still though, Coldshade!

1 Like

Speaking of it.

I can recommend (shout out to aldru for this bit) Badboy (addon) for the spam in chat channels.

By adding keywords to the list such as “nova” or “rcu”, or even https and gunshot you can filter out spam and other unwanted stuff from your chat.

You’re being pretty pathetic.

Sums this conversation up more or less

Please stop PMing my members with your weird rants / attempts at art as they have asked you instead of hopping alts / going on the forums to bypass ignores

11 Likes

I can’t tell if you’re being serious or not. Either way, this is surely not the place to proclaim your greatness.

Do remember to tell those affected if they arent aware already, that this specifically is infact what the report for harassment is about. Circumventing ignores when made clear is one of the few things Blizzard tends to actually take quite seriously and act upon pretty harsh.

2 Likes

I thought I’d give the perspective of a semi-casual wow roleplayer on how to engage newer and less experienced roleplayers. New roleplayers are the ones who are going to grow a community while experienced roleplayers are the ones who will maintain a standard. Both are needed to keep a community alive.

Town-RP is where most if not all will first try RPing first. It’s also where a RPer will hone their RP abilities. This means town-RP has to be very forgiving and understanding so that new RPers aren’t scared off.

At the same time town-RP has to be engaging, because if it isn’t new RPers will get bored very quickly. The recent SW protest was a great example of this where something happened which engaged the whole city, not only for the duration of the actual protests but the aftermath as well.

Something I bump into very often when strolling around a city is being asked to join a cause left and right. Don’t lock new players into your own or your guilds storyline. Let their own storyline intertwine with yours. They need to be allowed to explore RP at their own pace, otherwise they may feel overwhelmed and that can be a turn-off.

This isn’t to say that you shouldn’t drag a new roleplayer by the collar and have them engage with the world, but you should show them possibilities not choices.

Back to town-RP. This is mainly a Org problem, but SW faces it too. The cities are big, don’t limit the RP to one or two areas. Yes, trade district is near impossible to RP in, but remember Old Town RP? Now that was some proper town-rp. Guards, thieves, mercenaries, shop-keepers and drunk dwarves. What more to wish for? Cathedral district has taken over as the go-to spot to find casual rp but the RP there is so segregated. A guild in that house, a guild in another house, both with guards standing in front of the entrance, three guilds with their banners up swaying you to join their cause. This isn’t a open nor is it a welcoming atmosphere. Org’s issues stem more from the fact that all town-RP happens in one place which locks RPers to react to whatever is happening outside the tavern.

With that said I’ll leave a few suggestions.

1. Create more town-based events. They don’t have to be on the scale of the SW protest, but something here and there to have the towns be engaging and feel alive for new roleplayers.
  2. Don’t limit a new roleplayer’s choices by recruiting them. Wait for them to express interest.
  3. Nurture new roleplayers. Send them /w with advices and link them to guides you yourself found to be helpful when you started out.
  4. Create newbie channels and events. A newbie discord channel is a great place for new roleplayers to find RPers who are at the same level. Newbie events are great to show them what RP can be when pushed to its limits and is a great source to find RP partners.
26 Likes

I’m not a troll. And I’m not certainly the one to have a GM do horrible things toward I.

This is definatly something that could be benefitial for the roleplay scene in general to be mindful of, especially on Alliance-side. It has been common to have guilds treat other players as either potential recruits or thin air, with little desire to roleplay without it. While this mentality has died down alot due to a influx of more public events and roleplay in Stormwind, it’s still something to be aware of so we don’t go back to it!

1 Like

Your insulted I

4 Likes

I’d personally love if we were able to RP in more than just a handful of areas in Orgrimmar, however, most places are so tainted with OOC’ers that it makes it very difficult. There is also the problem with a lack of town rpers on Horde (or at least in Orgrimmar) Perhaps when shadowland hits we can strive to retake another valley for RP.

1 Like

Interesting stuff. I think posts like these do help a lot.

2 Likes

I haven’t Pm’ed your dear members since Yesterday. And I don’t speak of rants, and what I say, Isn’t weird. This is you, misbehaving. And what does the attempts at art mean? And I am not bypassing ignores on the Forums, nobody need not read this if they do not want. But why should I not be allowed to write so publicly my statements here? While you are allowed to SHARE your whole Cinematic Universe, In guild and discord, about John hook and spit on the life of, John Hook, no longer I’m John Hook. I am Kharsar forevermore.

You are sort of ruining a healthy discussion about town rp here Sppy.

Because you’re derailing the thread. You could make your own thread and talk about whatever you want there.

8 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Bless you Garzug for this on-topic post :pray:

In general I think if someone is roleplaying in good faith - even if by all metrics they are very new / rusty / obviously don’t know the conventions of RP people should absolutely reach out and give them the time of day. We all sucked at RP at one point and in my experience - since my community recruits new people as part of our practise - for most new guys you can get them up to speed very fast if you invest some time

Yet so it goes that if you run any large open event that disrupts the day to day entropy of small exclusive social RP in Stormwind, you can expect to be shouted at for ours in various channels. There’s a reason why Stormwind (as an example) now has far, far, far fewer big open events then it once did. I think anyone who was around in wrath or so will attest to that

Don’t agree with this 100% but of course I am coming from the PoV of a GM / community leader. I think a guild is a very good place to find your bearings - or rather some guilds. If you’re just thrown in as a new player without any care to that situation and used as a prop for the officers I agree that it is boring and will likely put them off

Also agree and in terms of the PCU we’ve been trying to RP around more than just VoH recently - but in Org I think a major problem is that most districts have a very obvious racial theme. Ie, a tauren district, a troll district and so on. VoH is the most generalist area that isn’t full of OOC spam

I think the drag is actually a cooler zone. Wish people would use that more

Loved old Old Town but I think Blizzard is to blame for this one. They removed the old & very soulful command centre building and filled it with various NPCs and target dummies and also hobbled the Pig and Whistle loads by adding that NPC that makes you dance every 30 minutes

I use Dwarven District more or less as what Old Town used to be on AD - ie. a rough and tumble grimy district with dodgy characters / a big mix of motivations

As I said the perspective for some players ATM is if they don’t personally want to attend some RP they will also try to make sure everyone else knows that and discourage them to their best ability. That’s one of the biggest reasons people aren’t organising IMO

4 Likes