[ Important? ] Building a better AD

Please roleplay, don’t ERP/groom other players or bring strange sexual themes into a 12+ game and don’t grief!

“I’M BEING OPPRESSED!”

15 Likes

You should post this in the PCU thread instead if you have some complaint but I’d like to see what this is in reference to - are you going to drop some big logs of this secret harrassment or are you just out here altposting nervously

In fact you have been posting in this thread & similar more or less agreeing about the complaints with regards to OOC griefing - so I wonder what’s happened with you / the PCU to make you make this post really furiously

If you have some genuine complaint / problem I’d be more than happy to hear that out and I think you might get a better result than some disingenuous altpost in a thread not really related to what you’re complaining about. If it’s something you don’t want to post here you can pick up my discord # in the PCU thread on your way there to make your next altpost

15 Likes

you say that but i havent seen you trying to make steps to improve AD.

Always funny to see these ‘brave freedom fighters’ posting on their lvl 20-something throwaway alts. Either way, keep up the good fight big P.

4 Likes

Who harassed you and what was the reason?
If you can provide screenshots, even better, so whoever it was could face consequences of this behavior (which happens, unlike what certain delusional blog would like you to believe).

The only hoo-ha I know of that deserves mention recently was the tail end of the not-quite-rebellion-but-going-that-way-when-the-story-FINALLY-updates and Sylvanas Loyalists standoffs Horde side.

Which… well, is the Past, now. I personally don’t know who (if anyone for that matter) was more in the right there, but I know it got rather heated and a bit unpleasant to be around sadly. These things happen.

Anything else, well, yeah… bring out the screenshots or logs?

I can 100% confirm that we were very cool in this situation.

1 Like

Not even. It was just boring roleplay that we stopped engaging with because it was entirely based on one group of characters realising they’re in a video game and can avoid danger at will - which is of course a fundamental part of roleplay but did not make for a good story when (unlike NPCs) these players would stand in the Valley of Honour saying hrmhmmm Sylvanas bad et al

There was very little OOC argument by that point about that and it’s been a pretty clean break so far

Not the topic of this thread though, just wanted to quickly clarify. If people want to talk about PCU stuff there is a dedicated thread for that

10 Likes

… well. To get back on topic, thanks for this thread. There’s a lot of really productive (I hope) discussion going on here, and having returned to AD after a long break it’s really heartening to see this going on. Pertinently, I suppose the break has also prompted me to think about why I RP, why I don’t for long stretches from time to time, and what could change to make it a more fulfilling experience.

Firstly, in-game tools for RPers: we got Elixir of Tongues, and that totally opened up RP. Running some old Legion content on a new toon got me thinking about how much potential so many zones have for RP, if we were unrestricted in the way we could use them. An area like Suramar, or Nazmir, so immaculately realised and rich in lore, are exactly the kind of places that could draw non-RPers into the world more, if they had a bit more time to stop and smell the flowers, so to speak. A toy or potion that, for instance, made low-level hostile mobs and NPCs invisible (effectively ‘sharded them out’ or whatever) would have the dual effect of renewing the relevance of old zones as venues for RPers by removing (some of) the visual/immersion awkwardness of RPing in WoW, and potentially drawing more people into RP by giving them an opportunity to engage with/explore these beautiful zones as more than places to grind WQs as quickly as possible while being pursued by trash. Imagine if the entire game had the potential to be an empty stage we could fill however we wanted.

Secondly - and this might be a bit more controversial, lol - I think this community seriously needs to address some of its more politically-charged/misogynistic elements, because I think there’s a level of denial about how isolating and offputting it can be for those not inside the social metier the ‘edgy humour’ is relevant to. This isn’t about the idea of creating a ‘safe space’ where no-one ever sees anything that offends them - that would be impossible - but recognising that the only think we have in common on AD is a hobby, and that our political sensibilities, cultural backgrounds and sensitivities are totally divergent. Whenever I’ve tried to engage with the broader community through Discords etc. it’s usually a matter of days before I see something that sits on the spectrum between pointlessly controversialist and hate speech, and just think, good God, I don’t want to spend any more of my time around these children. ‘But it’s a joke?’ Fine, then maybe keep them between you and your friends. This goes in both directions; just don’t try to impose your sensibilities on other people. RP is a collaborative exercise and any attempt to impose hegemony over the people doing it (either IC or OOC) seems to me ultimately unhealthy.

anyway and jesus just stop ERPing. it’s creepy AF

20 Likes

Very well written points :ok_hand:

Kharsar is the true leader of the PCU (he’s not).

Please stop PMing my members, Johnhook. We really aren’t interested in interacting with any members of GSL and I would appreciate it if you stopped demanding to know people’s discord addresses so you can contact them

Also not the right thread for this weird outburst

21 Likes

Hello, this is Roy

I have no idea who Kharsar is, but I am quaking in my boots at the mere mention of such a terrifying name. What sort of reckoning shall fall lest Perroy repents?!

Who’s Kharsar?

He’s the evil version of John Hook

I am very dissapointed. Thats all i can say really.

You are leaking my made drawings here and that’s mean, I’ll talk to the GM’s and someone else about this, you’re extorcing me.

No, F you.

Why do people think this one constructive thread I’ve created in my life is actually the Argent Dawn thunderdome

16 Likes