Important FPS drop since patch today [PC]

30-50 FPS is normal for most CPUs during a worldboss fight with 40+ people and all the sharding lag when people join and leave the raid.

Yes. The time it takes from pressing the button onscreen to the action response. Normally measured in milliseconds.

It clearly has something to do with anima conductor stream animations because on my alts in area’s where i did not activated the anima conductor i have no fps issues.
For the instance SoA (and i read SD has the same problem) there is probably a similar animation in the instance.

1 Like

Tested spires and yes something with bastion for me ,70-80 fps there too

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem on my gaming laptop as well. Since the 9.0.5.37893 mini hotfix patch on thursday it’s constant choppiness everywhere apart from Castle Nathria but still takes a good 10 mins to settle in there too. Never settles or smooths out anywhere else it goes from 60-75 fps down to 3 and then to about 20 fps for a good 10 seconds back up and then tanks again. I’ve done all the troubleshooting, opened a ticket explained to them I tried everything and Blizzard pointed me here. Seems like they’re aware of the issue on PC though.

1 Like

Starting anima conductors in Bastion, Ardenweald and Maldraxus is the reason for fps drops, got a permanent stream? Then you got permanent fps drop!!. Also SoA has horrible fps drops.
Please check the other topics about this problem and help us bring this to Blizzard there attention.

+++https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/video-proof-of-fps-drops-due-to-anima-conductor-msinfo-dxdiag-included/261600+++

1 Like

Fix the bastion arena too the fps drop there is insane everywhere else 130 + FPS.
Couple weeks ago it was fine 100 fps or so normal fps and now i get 50-60 ridiculous tbh.

2 Likes

Hello guys i had problems with my FPS drops too i did everything i could updated drivers etc…but last night nvidia did another update and everything is fixed for me now as before …so do that and u would all propably will be fine just like before the new patch

I just installed it and nothing changed so probably you had another issue. The activation of anima conductors still results in extreme fps drops.

Still relevant and show exactly what i am looking at atm:

1 Like

I have the exact specs on my PC like you and I have the same problem since last patch.

I’ve also installed the drivers 461.92 and nothing changed. In Ardenweald I still have big FPS drops, and Spires are unplayable.

It’s cause it is a patch problem but some maybe notice it later due to it being linked to particular actions like activating the anima conductor. And most of us don’t even know this is the cause they already reinforced the anima conductor streams.

I’ve always had MSAA disabled but changing to DirectX 11 fixed the issue. Thanks.

Since recently I too can attest to some rather disgusting FPS Drops.

Nothing I seem to do seems to fix it either, I’ve removed weakauras, most addons, nothing. It’ll drop from 150fps to 60fps in M+ for no good reason. Especially more so on 6+ mobs.

I have an AMD 5800X paired with 32GB of DDR4 3733mhz and a MSI RTX 3090 SUPRIM X on an X570 mobo.

I went to afterburner and saw when the frame drops the GPU Clock drops below 900mhz, some times lower. I switch to high performance mode (which clocks clocks at 1.9ghz+ on the GPU) and it still happened, GPU usage was just lower.

So it doesn’t actually seem to be a hardware issue, more of a coding/game issue.

I can play BLOPSCW max at 200+FPS totally smooth, along with every other game.

WOW However feels trash with massive frame spikes all over, and even with a GSYNC monitor dropping from 140/150fps down to 60 or even 30 it does at times (yikes) you can feel it, HARD.

I’ve also tried lowering settings, to no avail, I’ve even tried using Geforce Experience to change the graphics settings to recommend to switching the slider all the way down to performance.

Feels bad man having the worlds fastest GPU and wow messing it up.

1 Like

Damn i am so jealous. I am unable to buy one in a store in my country, scalpers and miners buy them instantly…
Sad to hear even this card can’t fight the Blizzard patch bull*hit.

I got it for £1616 from Amazon UK. A few days earlier I ordered a Zotac 3090 for £1650 but cancelled… felt guilty buying it, felt guilty spending that much on a trashy zotac XD.

My 2080 had a fault, so yeah, I sent it back and got a full refund so was sat with money and a RX570 backup GPU on QHD… was quite frankly the worst gaming experience of my life, but I was relatively impressed with its performance considering the price.

Anyway with about 4 order cancels of the 3080 I saw this and snapped it up, no more being up till 6am trying to get stock drops XD

Certainly isn’t worth the money though.

is it possible to reset anima conductors then?
can a GM do it?
i think it wont work if i drop covenant and rejoin it.
Some BLUE please answer these posts.

Don’t worry, we’ll get an answer once Bobby Kotick gets 200 million dolars bonus again

4 Likes

+++https://www.wowhead.com/blue-tracker/news/eu/hotfixes-march-18-2021-23646890+++

OMG and you still ignore all the posts about the fps problems…
I hate myself for buying the 6 month deal…

2 Likes

We should make a big post on reddit, this is the only way to make them do anything, ridiculous Bobby Kotick.

1 Like