Important FPS drop since patch today [PC]

+++postimg.cc/R3fxgcmz+++

I think problem is with anima “streams” especially in bastion. I think they are more dense and lines are smoothier .In bastion went from 110 fps to 75 -80

the thing is that even reducing view distance, ground clutter, desabling particle density, everything… fps won’t go higher than 55 inside spires. as soon as i step out it goes to 140+

Dont think splines in anima streams are affected by any graphic settings :confused:

but even in sanguine depths i lost arround 20 to 30 fps… :
1%lows were 80fps, now i can’t go above 80fps

TBH i set fps limit to 115 .In most cases i got around 110 in bastion 75-80 so it is quite possible that in other situation i lost 20-30 fps too but i still got above 110

1 Like

Anything over 60FPS is pointless for a game like WoW. Syncing to your monitors refresh rate is advisable.

you right, but it makes a difference in playing a fluid game vs playing it choppy. when everything was fine before the patch, and now it is not.

You might be able to tell the difference but it won’t have any effect on how fast you press the buttons onscreen.

you are right if they wont go lower than 60, yet i’m at 50 when i used to be at 70/80, and it makes a difference between playing a fluid game vs a choppy one. everything was fine before the patch now it is not.

My FPS are much better since the latest patch overall so hopefully it stays that way.

im glad you are having that experience, but from the number of posts and replies to “PC fps drop” threads, many of us aren’t, it’s just dissapointing have to stop pushing higher on the M+ ladder because the patch affected some ppl in a bad way.

Fingers crossed that they patch fix it within the next couple of days or so.

1 Like

Have you ever heard of input lag? :smiley:

During world boss from that 110 fps i go down to 30-50 but i think it is more like server/network lag

30-50 FPS is normal for most CPUs during a worldboss fight with 40+ people and all the sharding lag when people join and leave the raid.

Yes. The time it takes from pressing the button onscreen to the action response. Normally measured in milliseconds.

It clearly has something to do with anima conductor stream animations because on my alts in area’s where i did not activated the anima conductor i have no fps issues.
For the instance SoA (and i read SD has the same problem) there is probably a similar animation in the instance.

1 Like

Tested spires and yes something with bastion for me ,70-80 fps there too

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem on my gaming laptop as well. Since the 9.0.5.37893 mini hotfix patch on thursday it’s constant choppiness everywhere apart from Castle Nathria but still takes a good 10 mins to settle in there too. Never settles or smooths out anywhere else it goes from 60-75 fps down to 3 and then to about 20 fps for a good 10 seconds back up and then tanks again. I’ve done all the troubleshooting, opened a ticket explained to them I tried everything and Blizzard pointed me here. Seems like they’re aware of the issue on PC though.

1 Like