Important questions to make an informed decision about purchasing Shadowlands expansion for World of Warcraft

Will Shadowlands have Pathfinder?
If so, will we have to wait a year or any extended period to unlock Flying?
If so, will the game be discounted by the time flying becomes available?
Will there be reputation tokens purchasable on AH to avoid the rep grind like there were in Warlords of Draenor?

1 Like

Wait and see what alpha reveals. They are looking for some flying unlock and what it will be time will tell.

1 Like

most likely

Do this.

4 Likes

Thanks, I will avoid purchasing until I have answers to these important questions or if I am unsatisfied with the answers to these important questions.

3 Likes

Flying is bad, the way the system works now is perfect.

Nobody has an answer to OP’s questions since we’re not WoW devs or data miners with decryption skills

But looking at the past 3 expansions and not having heard anything from them concerning pathfinder I’d bet all my gold on them not changing it

…Well 25% of it

1 Like

You’re not, but someone is.

What does that mean?

I’m going to stick my head over the parapet and say that most likely it will have pathfinder.

What may change is how they implement it, it’s almost universally agreed that the timegating part of Pathfinder is absolute garbage.

Said this before but as far as i’m concerned soon as you have unlocked all the maps for the initial zones and completed all the initial zone storylines, boom. Pathinder.

it’s called Path Finder, Not reputation Builder or Wait 8 months.

8 Likes

A bloke down the pub told me that there will be pathfinder. He also told me that rep tiers have been extended to Exalted + 10 (the last tier requiring 1 million rep) and pathfinder will require you to get max rep status with 8 factions. WQ’s will reward 5 rep per completions with a max of 5 WQ’s per day that reward rep.

3 Likes

What kind of pub do you go to, a pub for NERDS???

Says the person playing an MMO and posting on the forums.

It’s a pub for people that like to go to pubs.

1 Like

Sounds boring.

Remember, No pre-order !!!

2 Likes

No plans to pre-order until I get the important information I need.

1 Like

Not quite the same concerns that are preventing me from pre-ordering, but still good questions. But yeah, Blizzard is much too fond of their stupid pathfinder to let that go, so it’s more likely there will be one than not.

1 Like

Well, Aman’Thul told me exactly the same thing.

I’ve met him on a bar also. Could it be the same bar? :thinking:

1 Like

I’m mostly exited for the new leveling system in SL, i do have hope for that though.

Q: How’s flying going to work in Shadowlands?
A: Same way it has for the last few expansions - this is a compromise. It’s a contentious issue - explore from ground to begin with and then fly in later patches.

Q: How will flying work with the level squish?
A: Not sure yet.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=296022.2/blizzcon-2019-world-of-warcraft-q-a-liveblog

No fly = no buy

1 Like

Free flying already did enough damage. Time to sop this nonsense.

Or start farming and save then buy tokens from the ah and buy it for free… that way it won’t sting as much if it isn’t what you hoped for.

That’s my plan anyway.