Improvement of Mistweaver?

Hi! First of all, I’m just gonna say that I’m not a hardcore monk healer or anything. But considering that mistweavers are currently very uncommon in Mythic raids, I came up with a suggestion of how Blizz potentially could improve mistweavers so they could see more play in Mythic raid. The idea is based on the fact that it feels like mistweaver is “missing something”. As they do not bring especially much to the comp. Revival isn’t super strong, and other than that, they mainly have a external cd in the form of Life Cocoon.

So my suggestion is rather simple, add absorbs to them. Not in a “make them discpriest 2.0” or anything. But rather change some of their healing from being a restorative mist to a protective mist?

My example is to remove the healing from essence font, and instead give it an absorb. Then we have a 12 second cd aoe absorb (for 6 targets) that puts an absorb equal or lesser than the current total healing of essence font (we all know absorbs are stronger than heals).

In addition to this, adding another cooldown ability (with let’s say 90 sec cd) that refreshes the cooldown of essence font and empower it as it would be maxed by Upwelling. Thus making it so MW could do a decently big absorb on up to 12 players every 90 sec. For it to spread it could have it so it wouldn’t affect targets already affected by the protective mists from essence font, but in 5 man content the absorbs would just increase.

All the balancing here I would leave up to blizz, or the more experienced monk community. But I feel like this would give MW a more competitive role in Mythic raiding, where they currently end up on the side lines most of the time.

Feel free to discuss and come with other suggestions. Would be fun if all healers were (more) viable in Mythic raiding and just have their own perks depending on the general comp of the mythic team.

Peace out!

As someone who joined a guild that started progressing mythic nath last month. What I feel like we need from what I can tell when progressing up to sludgefist is that we need a DPS boost and a raid CD.

We do like 50% less damage than a holy paladin. (I usually finish an encounter with 900-1.1k DPS while our paladin easily finishes with over 2k.)

As for the raid CD. I think having any overhealing we do turn into an absord shield would be good. That way we can use Revival as a raid wide heal, dispel and incoming damage negation.

Throughput and the fistweaving playstyle doesn’t feel like there are any issues really. I find it very fun in raids and M+. We’re taking more mana abuse than any other healer though.

i have a better idea… why not just make gust of mists an aoe effect that heals people around your target in a small radius for reduced effectiveness? this way they could also make it to also do damage around your target, which would solve the problem of low damage of mistweavers who want to play the mistweaving way. they could also make something creative with soothing mist.

the legendary memory tear of morning is just the most basic and insignificant effect item out there, it is reliable and all, but one dimensional as well. even 40% of the worse azerite traits back in bfa were better than 100% of todays mistweaver legendaries…

the best idea of all however, would be to make 50% of healing done with enveloping mists to your target, as damage split among all enemies in a small radius around that target. very good single target filler as well as very good aoe. (yes ALL enemies). every tick is around 900-1200 healing. and 50% of that is quite low, yet significant nonetheless.

now if a dev saw our comments, and compared them to the healer rankings all around the playerbase would be very cool. i only play my mistweaver, i am hardstuck at 1.6k rio because im not getting invited to m+ anymore(or raids), i have hit the threshold which showcases how a paladin and his ashen hollow is the goto healer for every team.

1 Like

another idea would be something similar to a shaman’s earthquake and earth shock, but with mistweaver chi points that are acquired by casting renewing mists.

so the thing would be:… for every renewing mist you cast, you get 1 chi point, to a total pool of 8 chi points. then you implement 3 abilities, of which 2 are for damage, and 1 for utility-healing.
ability No1: [Cost=4 chi] (similar to the shaman’s earthquake) spawns a corrosive mist for 15 seconds around an 8 yard radius, enemy targets within the mist take small damage and have their attacks’ effectiveness reduced(either miss or attack power is lower). also causes allies caught in the mist to heal for an x amount of healing.

ability No2: [Cost=6 chi] BIG AOE HEAL SPLIT AMONG ALLIES CAUGHT WITHIN and dmg to enemies

ability No3: [Cost=8 chi] wrapping mists. wrap your ally in rejuvenating mists healing for 1k hps for 20 seconds. 2 min cd

(as you see, this build doesnt put usage to the melee abilities of mistweaver. in turn, it makes the class more of a combo point caster such as a paladin with holy power or a warlock with the purple things.)

Revert to WoD, plain and simple.

Bring back Chi, Stances, Jab, Uplift, Nimble brew, Chi brew, Spear-handes strike, oldschool Mana Tea.

4 Likes

I switched my monk to Night Fae because I’ve been enjoying playing with the ancient teachings legendary and the Kyrian mastery CD is next to useless with that power. The Dreamweaver soulbind absorb perk has been responsible for 7-9% of my healing since switching.

1 Like

I don’t like essence font as an ability and I like it even less in an Upwelling build so I wouldn’t be more inclined to play MW with these proposed changes.

Mistweaver isn’t in a terrible spot. It needs a numerical damage buff, essence font needs to be a bit cheaper and Yulon needs major tuning (it’s currently unusable without an innervate which is extremely stupid).

Longer-term, the mastery needs a rework but we’re unlikely to get that mid-expansion so I’ll settle for the above.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.