Improving m+ experience - what would you do?

First of all, I would remove the key system and just allow people to pick their own dungeon and level as they require. The key system just demotivates you to play if you get a dungeon you don’t enjoy.

Instead of key depletion, you could add a negative ingame rio punishment in some form, so people would make careful decisions when they make a group.

Secondly, I would remove tyrannical and fortified altogether and just baseline increase the HP and damage of both mobs and bosses.

Instead of those affixes, I would add a “positive” affix that would switch every week and incentivize different comps (for instance an affix that would grant you an AP buff if you do something would incentivize more melee players and less casters that week). I didn’t really develop this concept, but I am positive that some kind of positive affix rotation would do wonders for non-meta classes.

4 Likes

i would simply remove timer. and revers the idiotic nerf to itlv drops.

both of those are breeding toxicity.

8 Likes

Solo queue up to m+15.

I’d also remove all affixes, they aren’t fun in the least, but that’s a distant second.

I will do some tutorial how to play and m+ properly with MOP proving grounds
so when you are steping into the the m+ you already know that there is something to interupt and you need to do becuase of REASONS etc
becuase what i saw is that people can’t play their classes properly in m+ they don’t know what to interupt where to use CD how to use CDs etc etc
so until you learn stay in proving ground or m0 and learn there all mechanics they can do many thing to teach new people so we dont need to teach them during m+ run

4 Likes

A complete rework or removal of the Affix system.

Running dungeons was always my favourite part of WoW. Although affixes do add a difficulty level to the dungeon… more over anything they’re just annoying and spoil the enjoyment of running the dungeon.

I’d rather just run a Harder version of the dungeon than spend my time dodging volanics, running away from Spitefuls or dodging Quakings. Just make the game harder, not more annoying.

3 Likes

I wouldnt say timer is a bad thing per say as it makes people like me (casual) trying to improve my gameplay. Tho it brings alot of toxic.

I would like there be an option wheter there be a timer or not. And depending if timer is on there might be a slight improvment to rewards.

Some affixes is way worse than others making some weeks very fun while others aint. The affixes should stay just might some tweaking to them making them more on par yet challenging.

The eliteism and toxic WoW have wont go away. Its better to try work around them.

Seems to me that affixes make dungeons less samey every week, gives you something additional to think about

A rework of affixes, I wouldn’t have nothing against that though

Very true. They do add a flavour of the week to the dungeon experience and does make the experience more fresh and interesting.

But I wish they would concentrate on difficulty, rather than annoyance.

1 Like

This would be a very welcome change. The timer, I mean. Maybe have a more robust scoring system that covers things like mobs killed, time taken, deaths and create some sort of letter grade based off of that at the end of the dungeon which dictates the level of new keys generated - S for +3 levels, A for +2, B for +1, C for same level, D for -1 and E for -2. This way you could also worry less about the timer because you could potentially make up for it in other areas by killing more enemies or dying less.

Also maybe do something about the amount of kiting required for packs. Feels extremely weird to spend more time keeping a tank away from mobs compared to actively engage them. At some point the term “tank” and just “aggro magnet” springs to mind. If you’re worried about a horde of mobs beating you to death and dying in two hits you’re not exactly very tanky are you :joy:

3 Likes

Keys gone, Timer gone.
They could still have leaderboards with timings for the ones that are in it for the speedrunning (but don’t have it affect completion or rewards).

Edit: And I think some affixes could use some work in making them more fun or challenging rather than just being tedious.

The only needed change in my opinion.

Perhaps a mode without a timer for cosmetics.

1 Like
  1. Keys would only deplete if the run is abandoned. If you finish it, even over time, you get a new key of the same level.
  2. If the run is abandoned, everyone’s key is depleted.

Leaving early is heavily punished, missing the timer is not. Everyone will probably be happier :smile_cat:

1 Like

Then we definitely need a surrender button :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m in favour of removing the timer but I think remove it for key 9 and lower and make the timer optional for key 10 and higher where you will get extra rewards for having a timed run.

1 Like

It’s curious why so many people wants the timer removed, I find the timer is what defines m+ as a mode. If you removed the timer, the whole concept would have to be changed radically.

1 Like

Remove timer, but make it more difficult & make it so when someone fake-dcs or leaves your group after 20 minutes they will not be able to get loot instead of how it is now where 80% of pug runs is just people leaving after 1 or 2nd boss ( or fake dc ) and just expect the rest of the group to get them free loot

This is just wishful thinking, but I’d like to have a new dungeon each month.

For myself and some others I have spoken to, it acts as a deterrent. If you consider m+ has essentially three tuning systems; mob health and damage scaling, affixes, and the timer, but the only one that matters towards whether you succeed or fail in a very binary way, is the timer. You could have a deathless run but if you pull slow it doesn’t matter, you fail. That’s why I would be an advocate for a more robust scoring system, because if you’re just interested in a time attack mode, why bother going any further than the MoP challenge modes?

1 Like

Actually the timer is never changing no matter level, you always have same amount of time for a dungeon. What is changing is affixes and hp and dps scaling.

The thing with, let’s say, execution scoring is, if you don’t have a timer involved, you could have a flawless execution. Dungeons are so simple that, if you give people endless time, there’s nothing that couldn’t be done perfectly given pulls small enough and patience. The level of mechanical and organizational complexity in dungeons is a lot lower than raids for which there’s a lot more sense for execution scoring.

1 Like

At the moment i am a bit bored of just 8 dungeons, indeed. I have even 2 leveling chars now for some alternative dungeon fun. 1 in legion and 1 in bfa.