In terms of lore, which covenant makes the best fit for a (gnome) warlock, not counting Maldraxxus

So I wanted to create a warlock on an RP server, and while some have suggested that Maldraxxus makes a good fit, lore wise, for a warlock, I already have a Maldraxxi Death Knight and don’t want to repeat the experience.

In my mind, I had visualised a gnome warlock. He’s not stereotypically bad, but is somewhat of the mad genius type, and refers to himself a a fel-ologist instead of a “warlock”. He believes that fel magic is misunderstood and fears about it are exaggerated. I picture it as how, in the real world an enthusiastic proponent of nuclear energy would feel about the contrary opinions of greenpeace activists.

So out of the three remaining (non-maldraxxus) covenants of Bastion, Ardenweald and Revendreth, which would be the best fit? I’m leading towards making him pledge himself to Revendreth since various people on the forums have suggested that as a possible good fit (lore wise) for warlocks. But I want to know the opinions of my fellow warcraft players on the matter.

Just to be clear, I am looking into covenants purely from a lore perspective, I’m not too bothered by min-maxing abilities. Thanks in advance for your opinions and advice. :blush:

Venthyr. Have a tea party with Theotar, the mad.

That sounds like Pride, something to atone for, perhaps… Venthyr sounds even more fitting! That belief certainly wouldn’t fit neither Bastion, nor Ardenweald.

1 Like

So perhaps I could play it in my headcanon as him getting realization, during his time in Revendreth about the true nature of fel magic and resolving to be a bit less reckless about its use? Still a warlock, but a soberer and wiser one?

Yup, something like that!

Or, since you are in Revendreth voluntarily, you can play defiant, too, and refuse to atone your “sins”, and remain convinced of your beliefs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.