Inaccurate/lagging health bars PlayerFrame/RaidFrame

Since the prepatch I noticed my health bars have been lagging. This includes my PlayerFrame and raid/group frames. For example, I would take damage, get healed to full HP by my healer but my PlayerFrame would still say I am 60% hp. The same goes for my raid frames: someone gets low HP, I off-heal with Word of Glory and if I would manually target the party member it would say 100% but the raid frame is still showing 60% hp.

I deliberately took fall damage in the example here: streamable / o5p183

I turned off all addons. I am not lagging (20 ms). I updated all drivers also. I am not sure how to deal with this. The health bar lag is most noticable while in combat. Although it also happens outside of combat I noticed it’s a lot less. I don’t know if this is addon related but I disabled all addons. Any help would be appreciated.

3 Likes

+1 I was raiding 2 days ago and the raidframes were lagging. I thought it’s the addon at first(grid2) but after disabling it, the default raidframes were still lagging. :confused:

If I might add, it seems to happen when there’s a lot of damage and healing happening, basically a lot of information to update in a short amount of time

1 Like

It’s either my internet or on Blizzard’s end because I just installed WoW (fresh) on my laptop and I have the same issue. It really makes reacting to ingame mechanics impossible.

I don’t think it’s lagging on our end since everything else was fine(casting spells/dodging mechanics, etc)

I had it tested on a different computer/network (friends place) and I had the same issue there, but he did not have this issue on his account. So I figured it HAS to be some setting on my account but since I disabled all addons the only reasonable explanation is that there is some console variable saved server-side bugging it out. I suspect it is the cvar “predictedHealth”.

For anyone having the same issue, just reset all cvars with “/console cvar_default”.

Hello Danziety, did the reset help you out?

Did anyone solve this issue yet? I still have this lag and it’s so bad for my condemn (execute) ability from venthyr, the lag is messing with me sometimes cause i don’t know if i can actually use the ability or not

Seconding this.

I think it has to do with the PredictedHealth cvar. If it’s turned off it takes a considerable amount of time for health bars to update (sometimes just freezing and not updating at all until even more damage is taken).

EDIT:

Tested on default UI (deleted WTF folder + no addons).

EDIT2:

A good example of this is when you get Void Shifted by a Priest who has 25% while you have 100% HP. It takes a really long time to update your health, when it should be instantanious. Possibly due to some bug causing the update to be delayed with the time it would take to animate it (if predictedHealth were on).

I have the same issue, ever since shadowlands prepatch. Tried disabling addons, used the repair tool, nothing works :expressionless:

Thank you, /console cvar_default helped! Had to re-set all my system settings like graphics and sound and some small annoying things but it’s worth it!