Inactive Guild Leader Wow Classic

My guild leader has been inactive for 25 days now and last time i spoke to him he said he wasn’t returning. I am 1 of only 2 officers left in the guild and the other has also been inactive of over 2 months now. how do i request leadership of the guild. The current GM said his subs have now run out so he can’t simply log in and hand the guild over.

Just noticed i’ve posted this on the wrong char. It is the right guild (Patience and Discipline) but my char that is the officer is Vokius (warrior)

Hi Tanjin

Classic uses the same Dethrone system that is in Battle for Azeroth, so you’d need to make use of that if you wanted to take over. The full breakdown of requirements and such can be found on our Support Site article about the system: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/000180600

You say that Classic uses the same Dethrone system that is in Battle of Azeroth however when you click on the link you included it contains the line
Note : This feature is currently unavailable for WoW Classic Characters.
If this feature isn’t available in classic i ask the question again, is there any way of replacing an inactive GM in Classic, if there is how would i do it?

Hey there Tanjin!

The Dethrone system in Classic is indeed currently not available, and so far we have no ETA regarding when it will be back :frowning:

So for now we can only ask you to wait. I know it’s asking much, but please keep in mind that regardless of the dethrone system being available or not, a guild leader can not be removed from his/her position anyway unless he/she has been fully inactive for at least 90 days.

Thank you for your patience and understanding Tanjin!

1 Like

is there any update one when the “Dethrone” system will be introduced to classic? the GM has been inactive now for over 3 months and i’m trying to stop the guild from dying.

1 Like

I’d think there is no dethrone system yet. Also, why do you need it? As long as people can invite you are ok.

thats the issue, the gm hasn’t left the officers with the option to invite

Does anyone in the guild know his Retail characters? You could try to mail them if they do.

WORLD OF WARCRAFT CLASSIC

The Dethrone feature is not available in World of Warcraft Classic. If you meet the proper requirements to Dethrone a Guild Master, contact us for assistance

This is what it says on official page about Dethroning.
So, blue poster above is not correct when saying that only thing You can do is wait. Click on a link. The stuff ought to help You do the dethroning.

As the blue reply was made over 6 months ago, it’s quite possible things have changed since then. I also doubt the OP (in November 2019) will be back here to check.

No, He isn’t. The OP stated the Guild Master had been absent for 25 days. That does not meet the criteria even for a GM to do the dethrone, hence he told her to wait… as it’s 90 days. Read the whole thread before necro’ing a post with false claims?