Incoming nerf to Paladins

Not really. Stealth and combopoints may be the only thing in common with rogues. Bearform in pvp is a must have tho, but in current meta it doesn’t make you as tanky as you think. But other than that, i really like how feral stands atm.

Noone wants ret to be a free kill.

And noone wants ret to free kill everyone.

The crying from the ret community how every class should be a free kill for them and that any nerfs heading their way are unjustified is destined to go to hell.

Ret is broken. Their healing is incredibly dumb, with WoG healing as much as a LoH. A spriest, an UH dk, a survival hunter and a frost dk were unable to kill a ret paladin for 1 minute while he just spams WoG every 2nd global and nothing else.

Ret damage is so broken that they are capable of doing a more consistent 1shot than Convoke through Divine Toll. 13k final verdicts, 10k divine storm noncrits.

No other class in the game is capable of healing as much as a healer while also being able to deal more singletarget damage out of any other class (that doesn’t bug abuse or abuse some kind of flawed design gimmick)

On my 180 ilevel ret I was able to completely destroy a 210 DK that has played the game since WOTLK 10 duels in a row. All I had to do was WoG

The 20% nerf to WoG won’t be enough either way. WoG heals for a paladin’s entire healthpool if they are at 30% hp. 20% off of that means it’ll heal them for, what, 90%?

Paladins have never been this broken in the history of WoW, not even during the early days of WOTLK

1 Like

Most squishy? maybe try Monk.

Also 20% nerf to WoG healing is not nearly enough, you will barely notice it, it needs a 50% reduction in pvp atleast, or make it a cast for tank/dps spec.

And when you woke up from this dream? You really think that some Blizzard guy will see this and think for a split second that you aren’t openly lying lol?

3 Likes

Prot paladin was a reason why I start play again. It so fun to heal people with Word of Glory’s!!! Protheal mechanics is the best have I seen and play. And now when I see this nerf I am ready sad (((
I know that healing is strong, but prot has weaknesses as heal. Hi isn’t OP. Prot takes 25% more damage and do not have dispel what make him very squishy against some classes.

I spend a lot of time to gear character and now it will be useless because class nerfed…

What about better preforming specs like arms and WW not being nerfed? I mean, sure, ret was broken in pvp. But what about the more broken specs?

1 Like

If 4 ppl, a spriest, UH dk, a survival hunter and frost dk cannot kill 1 player perhaps they should reconsider going back to playing tetris or marbles.

Any class can kill retri, especially hunters. You can easily kite retri thus they cannot generate enough holy power to heal themselves with WoG. 10K non crit divine storm is not possible in rated situation.

if 210ilvl DK is loosing the game to 180ilvl retri pala who doesn’t even have enough versatility should reconsider his life choices. Clearly he has been playing the game for 10 long years for no improvement whatsoever.

Retri paladins have no place in Mythic Raids or M+ dungeons and you can barely see retri paladins in high level arena brackets. So how in the hell can this class be broken ?

Sorry if you are having trouble killing people with your 2 mage spell. Perhaps you should check tooltips of your abilities and learn your class.

3 Likes

Heh. On the other hand, monk (as ww) is s tier right now, isn’t it? Capable to deal some insane dmg, even through defensives. I think you cant have both, insane dmg and defensives. Mistweaver is a whole different thing and i don’t know much about that spec. Just that i don’t see them at all, so they could probably use some solid buffs.

Oh yeah the burst damage from WW is pretty nuts, even with my lower gear, that’s probably also the main problem for my squishyness hehe, I think I just need more gear, it feel’s a lot better now that I am ilvl 200+ compared to ilvl 190, but I still die super fast If I’m not careful, my dh and war feel like tanks compared to this monk :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think 20% nerf to WoG will be an issue, if you play good you will win anyway.

The issue that people overlook with Ret’s healing is that WoG big heals are coming during their Wings and you have to trade precious dmg to survive.

You also have to realise that Ret’s have no defensive or dmg reduction defensives (Just like any other melee), thus healing is necessary to survive, it’s easy to see the charts and complain about it, but they should not be the reason for future nerfs.

A better nerf would be to nerf WoG value benefit during wings and not outside of it IMO. Also, you don’t want to waste holy power during your wings to heal since it is your only kill condition.

I don’t mind the 20% nerf I think it’s alright. If you play your class correctly, counter goes, trading cooldowns, and doing your setups right you will win anyway.

For Holy again it won’t change much, it will still be the best healer.

If the paladin is good he wont be getting kited, he’ll target the class/person that is least likely to kite him, which is what he did. The Paladin had 39k hp unbuffed. Thats a severe amount of gear. Sure, the people on him weren’t as geared but they averaged about 205 ilevel. Those players weren’t bad either, there was just no way to shut down the ret paladin’s healing outside of stunning them, which the paladin can end up removing with two bops, trinket and a divine shield. Couple this with abusing line of sight and the ret can survive for an indefinate amount of time.

10k Divine storm was done in a rated battleground at 2.4k mmr in the middle of EOTS fighting for the flag. 2 ret paladins with 220+ ilevel noncrit our entire team for 10k Divine Storms. No counterplay

And no, I’m not having issues killing paladins on my mage, and thats because Firemage damage is broken, the same way ret is. Other classes which arent as overtuned as the topdog specs are incapable of killing Rets simply because of their healing.

The damage output of ret is broken, but with proper use of cooldowns and self-sustain toolkits it is survivable. The issue arrises when someone can press a button and heal themselves (or a team member) for 80% of their health with 0 effort. Having such a strong heal as an instant cast is dumb game design since there is little to no counterplay.

If classes, like ret, that could heal for their entire healthpool via a 1.5 sec cast instead of instacasts, then it would be fine. You could simply say “git gud dont fall for fakecasts”. This goes for any class with an instacast heal that can top someone from 10% to 80-100%.

For a comparison: Greater pyro has to be cast for 4 seconds to deal 35% of your health (12 second cooldown); WoG is instacast and is capable of healing you from 10% to 100%, no cooldown.

As it stands, rets are simply overtuned.

Good, I can’t wait for the nerfs.
Make all the FOTM players go elsewhere.

Post on your main.

And during that 1 minute ret couldnt kill them too you know… like a target dummy but with legs and silly slaps to generate holy power. The only chance to do something is during wings. So let say arena starts, i pop wings, oponents kite me or pop def cds, wings end and what should i do now to stay alive? Bubble for 8 sec and hs out?

3 Likes

Sucks to be a FOTM reroller then lol.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.